WTF on the 2-pt conversion attempts?

madlithuanian

Is it me, or did both our 2-pt attempts look like they had no chance even if completed?

I would like to think we have a little more up the sleeve next time we have to go for 2...

Agreed but again we have neither Jeffrey or White which takes away the fade options. Nor do we have a mobile QB so that takes away some roll outs. Eventually we'll get some more options.

Agreed but again we have neither Jeffrey or White which takes away the fade options. Nor do we have a mobile QB so that takes away some roll outs. Eventually we'll get some more options.

The patriots dont have a mobile QB.... and they don't have either Jeffrey or White.....but what they do use is Gronk and the other big body TE split out and pick them..... so one can get open.

Is it me, or did both our 2-pt attempts look like they had no chance even if completed?

I would like to think we have a little more up the sleeve next time we have to go for 2...

One of them was successful but was called badly and then they ferked up the review process by not having the camera on the goal line. How the hell can an NFL crew not setup the cameras properly?

Both seemed to be designed to get the ball out quick and to allow the receiver to make a play. At least neither were intercepted, and Mariani did score on the one.

One of them was successful but was called badly and then they ferked up the review process by not having the camera on the goal line. How the hell can an NFL crew not setup the cameras properly?

That is what I asked, why use video replay to review a call, but then not have official cameras aligned with the goal line.

I'd say the success percentage on passes to Mariani when it's a big play are very, very slim. It's not like he has the speed to get away from the average defender. And it's not like he's hyper-athletic compared to DBs.

The only other thing I can think of is they thought there is no way KC is going to think we're going to throw to that guy, so throw it to him.