Gameplan Detroit

AZ54

At this point Detroit has nothing to lose and with players getting benched in the middle of the last game I expect a hard fought game.

Given all the injuries we're stacking up it's hard to know which players will take the field. I think Bushrod will start but I'm not sure that's a good thing against Ansah's speed. Alshon seems like he'll be back but I think he'll be in a limited role. Marcellus Bennett is questionable too. Detroit is ranked lower than us in run defense and their pass defense is more solid. I think we'll go heavy and try to run on Detroit, or keep extra blockers in as protection and let a 2-3 WRs run around until they get open. Leno has played well, bring him in now and then alongside one of the OTs to give Bennett some rest throughout the game and just pave the way for Forte and Langford.

Defense has to find ways to get to Stafford early. I think we need to plant some doubt in his mind early, and ideally get their fans booing before halftime. Losing SMC is a big loss IMO, I don't even know who starts alongside Jones. The loss is moreso from the play calling and adjustments before the snap. Jones didn't handle that well last week and it looked like a completely different defense for a bit until they pulled it together later on that drive. Abdullah is lightning quick and fast, miss an assignment and it's not 10 yards given up, it's a TD.

This won't be like KC, our offense will need to score more than 25pts to win this game. Toss in a defensive score for us and it might be the final nail in their coffin.

Them missing Ngata and Levy is huge. I think the Bears should be able to run all over em if the want.

We get to this point where we have increased enthusiasm, and do we get a kick in the sack with a loss to the lowly Lions? I think not, Im refilling my half glass full. If injuries dont derail us, we have a huge arrow pointing up.

Defense has to find ways to get to Stafford early. I think we need to plant some doubt in his mind early, and ideally get their fans booing before halftime. Losing SMC is a big loss IMO, I don't even know who starts alongside Jones. The loss is moreso from the play calling and adjustments before the snap. Jones didn't handle that well last week and it looked like a completely different defense for a bit until they pulled it together later on that drive.

Well, so much for that.

Them missing Ngata and Levy is huge. I think the Bears should be able to run all over em if the want.

Well, so much for that.

Well, so much for that.

Well, so much for that.

Agreed, couldn't get anywhere near Stafford except for a few plays. Running game was really bad. I didn't watch him closely but it's hard to believe Grasu had a good day with all the missed blocks on the running plays.