Trade deadline

Alaskan Grizzly

Coming soon. Of the current Bears there are three names that I see pop up here and there. Forte, Jeffery and Cutler. Obviously Forte is the most logical (although I personally would hate it) as there are several teams in need of star RB. The article below makes it sound viable especially when you consider Denver and "our" apparent new familiarity of one another. And the way it appears Langford is gaining trust with the staff it makes Matt even more expendable. Haven't heard much about Jeffery as of late but admittedly could see him being dangled, especially if the team loses this weekend. And yes I did see some mention of Cutler as a possibility for trade to a team like Houston.... who is in definite need of something viable. I fear Matt could be gone next week but here's to hoping not.

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/...t-rb-future.htm

I heard something on the Score today regarding potentially Bushrod to NE... But I think it's pure fantasy.

At this point, I think getting rid of Cutler and Jeffrey is stupid. Forte, if we can get something is a logical move. Emotionally, I don't want it either. But, it would make a good long term move if you could get enough value...

Coming soon. Of the current Bears there are three names that I see pop up here and there. Forte, Jeffery and Cutler. Obviously Forte is the most logical (although I personally would hate it) as there are several teams in need of star RB. The article below makes it sound viable especially when you consider Denver and "our" apparent new familiarity of one another. And the way it appears Langford is gaining trust with the staff it makes Matt even more expendable. Haven't heard much about Jeffery as of late but admittedly could see him being dangled, especially if the team loses this weekend. And yes I did see some mention of Cutler as a possibility for trade to a team like Houston.... who is in definite need of something viable. I fear Matt could be gone next week but here's to hoping not.

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/...t-rb-future.htm

Forte makes all the sense in the world. He hasn't been very good this year, but someone might give up a 4th for him.

Flat out no to Alshon.

No to Cutler as well. Unless a team wants to throw us a 2R pick. I can't see them playing 9 games with Jimmy f'n Clausen.

What are you talking about? The Bears offense hasn't been great, the OL is still not fixed by a long shot, and he's 6th in rushing at this point.

Hasn't been very good? I disagree completely.

and he's 6th in rushing at this point.

I was going to say, wasn't he leading the league in rushing at some point just before the bye? Another reason I hate the thought of him leaving.

I was comparing him to Payton the other day where like Walter, Matt carries the offense for most of his years then just before his leaving the league the team makes it to the Super Bowl and wins. Except in this version Matt would score at least once in the big game.

There is absolutely no way we trade Cutler unless someone throws a couple 1st Rd picks at us. That won't happen. He hasn't shown enough to any other team to increase his value...there is still time to regress to what he's been. OTOH to our staff he has clearly shown signs of improvement so there's no reason for them to bailout now when his backup is horrible and the top QBs in the draft are looking worse and worse each week. No QB means no wins...ask Houston Texans how it's going for them? If one thing is clear our coaches want and expect to win in Chicago. They know this year isn't going to be easy but you listen to them talk about building the roster and they know where they are going long term.

Jeffrey...any thoughts about trading him went out the door after the Detroit game. For Jeffrey to come back after all those weeks and put up the kind of numbers he did was very impressive. This is a completely new offense and after missing preseason and most of the regular season nobody would have questioned if he struggled a bit in that game. Again, we want to win sooner than later, we have cap space, and so no reason not to keep him around while Kevin White develops (hopefully).

Forte...if the offer is good you take it. Love the guy but I love the future Superbowl ring more and I don't think he'll be here long enough to see that happen.

Forte is averaging 4.0 YPC. That is 29th in the league.

He had a huge game against GB week 1. GB doesn't have a good rush defense to begin with, and they were missing a few guys to go with it.

Since the GB game he's averaging 3.5 yards per carry which would be 43rd of 51 qualified rushers.

He's in the top 10 in rushing because he's leading the league in carries.

All things considered, I'm not saying he's been bad, but he hasn't been very good. Good? Maybe.

He had a huge game against GB week 1. GB doesn't have a good rush defense to begin with, and they were missing a few guys to go with it.

Since the GB game he's averaging 3.5 yards per carry which would be 43rd of 51 qualified rushers.

All things considered, I'm not saying he's been bad, but he hasn't been very good. Good? Maybe.

Yeah, but when you say "He hasn't been very good this year" you know the common English connotation is "subpar". He's been far from subpar. He hasn't had a good YPC, but he's been a warrior, a solid veteran RB, probably the offensive MVP, on a team that is still struggling to figure things out. And, pretty much a Bear standard, with Long having to move to RT, a tackling dummy being put in his place at RG, a rookie being inserted at C, and a revolving door of meh at LT, the OL "hasn't been very good this year."

You're off by one position when you say this.... Who also happens to be in the backfield.

Happy Halloween! ?

They've both been what I would call serviceable. You can win with both, but I think RBs are easier to find and the RB wall comes sooner than the QB wall.

Forte also ran for 3.9 YPC last year as well, again 29th in the league. IMO he's starting to hit that wall.

You also have to realize that teams know Forte is our focal point on offense. He is keyed on more so than say Cutler and the scrap heap WRs we have been trotting out each week. We finally have Jeffery back, so he will at least have another weapon teams will have to worry about.

No team will be trading away anything higher than a 5th RD pick for him anyway. The best we may see is a 2017 4th rd pick. I would like to see him re-signed with a modest "team" deal and let him fade to a #2 back behind Langford if Langford can become an NFL #1.

You also have to realize that teams know Forte is our focal point on offense. He is keyed on more so than say Cutler and the scrap heap WRs we have been trotting out each week. We finally have Jeffery back, so he will at least have another weapon teams will have to worry about.

No team will be trading away anything higher than a 5th RD pick for him anyway. The best we may see is a 2017 4th rd pick. I would like to see him re-signed with a modest "team" deal and let him fade to a #2 back behind Langford if Langford can become an NFL #1.

This is true, and the line is banged up. Still, the RB wall is very real. I wouldn't mind keeping him and giving him a deal like Gore got (4m a year) but anything above that and I would pass.

This new staff drafted Langford, and I think he should be given a chance to start. If not its a waste of a draft pick.

I'm cool with that if the team deal is for 3-4 years, and the fading happens more in year 3.

I honestly think Forte still has a ton to offer, and just needs to get the opportunities in a cohesive, NFL-caliber offense with NFL-starter quality players on the field. Scrap heap WRs and OLinemen mean your statement about him being the focal point is dead on.

This is true, and the line is banged up. Still, the RB wall is very real. I wouldn't mind keeping him and giving him a deal like Gore got (4m a year) but anything above that and I would pass.

This new staff drafted Langford, and I think he should be given a chance to start. If not its a waste of a draft pick.

I thought it was a waste when they made the pick. Forte still had plenty tread on the tires, and there were other players available. Players like, oh, I don't know...

TJ Clemmings who has started six games at RT for the Vikings.

Tre Jackson who has started multiple games at OG for the Patriots.

Arie Kuoandjio who looked to be a great run-blocker at OG in the draft, and is 2nd string on the Redskins.

I thought it was a waste when they made the pick. Forte still had plenty tread on the tires, and there were other players available. Players like, oh, I don't know...

Arie Kuoandjio who looked to be a great run-blocker at OG in the draft, and is 2nd string on the Redskins.

Forte will not be back. They will not sign him to a long-term deal which is what he wants. He has been a terrific player for the Bears, but he is 30 now. I can see justifying a short term contract for him (1 to 2 years) but, again, that won't happen.

Peace :dabears

Not sure the staff feels the same way. Under 4 yards per carry is no bueno. Yes he would be better behind an improved OL, but so would Langford for much cheaper.

3-4 years would be bad IMO. 2 with an option for 3, maybe.

Since 1990, there hasn't been a single 1000 yard rusher over 32.

I'm cool with that if the team deal is for 3-4 years, and the fading happens more in year 3.

I honestly think Forte still has a ton to offer, and just needs to get the opportunities in a cohesive, NFL-caliber offense with NFL-starter quality players on the field. Scrap heap WRs and OLinemen mean your statement about him being the focal point is dead on.

The thing guys don't realize is you can sign him with upfront money. Year one, over pay some but after that he becomes expendable. Bear fans have always wanted to get rid of there best players smh. I keep hearing about Langford, but I haven't seen him make Forte expendable yet. You have to earn that right and this staff has no ties to Forte to hand it to him. When that happens, lets talk letting him go.

Alaska, why not change you name to The Anti-Cutler?

Nah I'll pass. It was more in jest anyhow. I'm of the opinion he's here to stay *sigh*. Love him or leave him... I have to learn to accept it... And drink more. Fortunately I have lots of faith in Fox's ability as a coach. He's like the Tums to Cutlers ulcer. ?

But i do like Ashkums proposal for Forte. Makes sense to me. Was watching highlights of Hester today and thinking as one dimiensional as he was, he was a huge piece to our offense 'back in the day'. Now someone who actually is more than one dimensional (Forte) is someone they would consider losing. He has too many attributes to simply let go...IMHO.

Forte is better than average, but given him 4 year contract is stupid. When were good in a couple of years he will be falling off the edge. We need to inject youth on this team, not hang on to old memories. Now it your talking about a 3 year 10mil, that wont break us and he still has a couple of years before he's done.

Nah I'll pass. It was more in jest anyhow. I'm of the opinion he's here to stay *sigh*. Love him or leave him... I have to learn to accept it... And drink more. Fortunately I have lots of faith in Fox's ability as a coach. He's like the Tums to Cutlers ulcer. ?

But i do like Ashkums proposal for Forte. Makes sense to me. Was watching highlights of Hester today and thinking as one dimiensional as he was, he was a huge piece to our offense 'back in the day'. Now someone who actually is more than one dimensional (Forte) is someone they would consider losing. He has too many attributes to simply let go...IMHO.

He does have too many attributes to simply let go. Which why they should get something for him. (Hints of sarcasm in there, I know you still consider trading as letting go).

I wouldn't hate front loading a deal with outs like another poster suggested. If they go past 2 years without a cheap out(being able to cut without it costing much) then I think it would be a huge mistake.

Also, you know who isn't one dimensional? Langford. Dude played some WR at MSU, so I'm sure he's capable of doing the same things Forte does in the passing game.