Fangio's press conference

AZ54

I look forward to Fangio's weekly updates. He's so straightforward with his words it's sometimes funny. His matter-of-fact approach when talking about the players is never far off from what you'd read here on the board.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1...f3-172828460cb5

... on Houston

-------------------------

"[The sacks] were huge plays," Fangio said. "Now if we can just eliminate the offsides, he'll play even more and more. But that should do a lot for his confidence, to go in there and make plays at a crucial time like that."

--------------------------

From the same link the most surprising statistic I've seen at midseason:

-----------------------------

After allowing nine touchdowns in the first two games of the season, the Bears defense has permitted just 10 TDs in its last six contests. The unit has yielded only one touchdown in three of its last four games against the Chiefs, Vikings and Chargers.

We're not a shutdown D by any means, often not even close to being pretty, but something good is starting to happen on the defensive side of the ball. That's with some very significant injuries and/or losses in personnel (Ratliff, Ferguson).

I look forward to Fangio's weekly updates. He's so straightforward with his words it's sometimes funny. His matter-of-fact approach when talking about the players is never far off from what you'd read here on the board.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1...f3-172828460cb5

... on Houston

-------------------------

"[The sacks] were huge plays," Fangio said. "Now if we can just eliminate the offsides, he'll play even more and more. But that should do a lot for his confidence, to go in there and make plays at a crucial time like that."

--------------------------

From the same link the most surprising statistic I've seen at midseason:

After allowing nine touchdowns in the first two games of the season, the Bears defense has permitted just 10 TDs in its last six contests. The unit has yielded only one touchdown in three of its last four games against the Chiefs, Vikings and Chargers.

We're not a shutdown D by any means, often not even close to being pretty, but something good is starting to happen on the defensive side of the ball. That's with some very significant injuries and/or losses in personnel (Ratliff, Ferguson).

The importance of having great OC and DC has been proven this year. With a roster clearly lacking talent the O and D have performed better than I had expected.

I would love at least two years with both Fangio and Gase. Maybe we get that or maybe we don't.

Only question I have is with the SP Teams, is it a lack of talent or poor game planning on the SP Team Coordinator?

When you have a roster like ours, with no depth, and where any second stringer showing promise is getting field time, your talent on special teams is going to suck.

Once we get some starters set on this team, there will be depth for special teams.

When you have a roster like ours, with no depth, and where any second stringer showing promise is getting field time, your talent on special teams is going to suck.

Once we get some starters set on this team, there will be depth for special teams.

Good point, never thought of it that way. If our subs are starting then we will inherently have some weaker players on Special Teams.