Possible sign White will play this year????

Chitownhustla

Aaron Lemming tweeted that the Bears cut two players and brought up Fales leaving one roster spot open........ Could it mean we may see the 7th overall draft pick of the Bears????

The only way he is playing is if he is 100% and in some type of game shape. Cant really expect a whole lot but maybe he can open up some routes by being a deep threat.

Aaron Lemming tweeted that the Bears cut two players and brought up Fales leaving one roster spot open........ Could it mean we may see the 7th overall draft pick of the Bears????

The only way he is playing is if he is 100% and in some type of game shape. Cant really expect a whole lot but maybe he can open up some routes by being a deep threat.

Nice detective work. The Bears have to decide tomorrow I believe. Hopefully they kept hush and he is able to fully go.

I may be wrong, but it looks like the open spot is on the practice squad. I THINK if White was put on the PS he could be plucked by another team. I may be wrong on that.

We will indeed know tomorrow what's going on with White.

If White gets activated, a WR will get waived and signed back to the ps.

If White gets activated, a WR will get waived and signed back to the ps.

I think you are correct. Aside from bringing up Fales we waived Terrance Mitchell from the practice squad. So we have two openings on the practice squad.

It's pretty surprising that we brought up Fales and cut Clausen. If Fales was the better backup they should have just made the decision earlier. At this point the roster is becoming more about the future and this says Clausen is not in next year's plan but Fales is. I'm sure Clausen was kept around because they felt he had a better grasp of the offense since Fales missed so much time in preseason. Barring disaster at the QB position Clausen has played his last game as a Bear.

Fox said nothing about Kevin White but he did say the open spot on the practice squad would likely go to another QB prospect down the road. Since you can't sign another team's practice squad player to your practice squad that would mean taking a QB off the street. That would seem like a waste of time to be honest because what good young QB prospects are FA right now? Or do we just need someone to run the scout team, anyone who has a pulse?

That only explains one of the practice squad openings. This leaves open the possibility of bringing White to the 53-man roster and pushing another WR to the practice squad, likely Cam Meredith. More disappointing for Jason and others would be that this means Mariani (who is not eligible for the practice squad) stays on the active roster. Tue 4pm is the deadline to have White start his 3 week practice window or move him to IR.

I think you are correct. Aside from bringing up Fales we waived Terrance Mitchell from the practice squad. So we have two openings on the practice squad.

It's pretty surprising that we brought up Fales and cut Clausen. If Fales was the better backup they should have just made the decision earlier. At this point the roster is becoming more about the future and this says Clausen is not in next year's plan but Fales is. I'm sure Clausen was kept around because they felt he had a better grasp of the offense since Fales missed so much time in preseason. Barring disaster at the QB position Clausen has played his last game as a Bear.

Fox said nothing about Kevin White but he did say the open spot on the practice squad would likely go to another QB prospect down the road. Since you can't sign another team's practice squad player to your practice squad that would mean taking a QB off the street. That would seem like a waste of time to be honest because what good young QB prospects are FA right now? Or do we just need someone to run the scout team, anyone who has a pulse?

That only explains one of the practice squad openings. This leaves open the possibility of bringing White to the 53-man roster and pushing another WR to the practice squad, likely Cam Meredith. More disappointing for Jason and others would be that this means Mariani (who is not eligible for the practice squad) stays on the active roster. Tue 4pm is the deadline to have White start his 3 week practice window or move him to IR.

I think Pace was hoping that Baltimore or Tampa Bay would have called at some point and offered a trade for Clausen, lol!

I think Pace was hoping that Baltimore or Tampa Bay would have called at some point and offered a trade for Clausen, lol!

Rumor is they wanted Fales and were going to sign him to there 53. Which could be a move to force the Claussen release. Another name I see is Quentin Coples OLB who was released by the Jets. He was drafted before Shea I believe.

Im beginning to wonder whether Jefferey is worth resigning. If not for big money or 'at all'. He's been in the league 4(?) years and how many complete seasons has he had? 1?

Previous 2 years he played in every game.

So you can look at it half glass empty and say he hasn't been healthy for "half his career", or you can look at it half full and say in all actuality " Half his career" is really jist 11 of a possible 58 games.

Jeffery is no doubt a top 10, and probably a top 5 WR in the league when healthy. He's worth the risk.

Also, to throw a little caution to the wind. Teams have 2 options at this point, either shutdown and IR for remainder of season or moved to a 21 day practice window before having to add him to the 53-man roster or put on IR.

Since there is no harm in the 21 day window, most teams will do that just so he is able to participate in walk-throughs, etc. More than likely it is only for the experience and he still won't play and will be shutdown on day 21. Now on the other hand, if he starts to ramp up practice reps, then there is a good chance he does play this year.

My dream that will be crushed was having Alshon, Forte, Royal, and White all back for the Packers game and we blow them out on Favre day.

Let's just crash them anyway.

Shae, proceed to knock him out of the game again please.

Also, to throw a little caution to the wind. Teams have 2 options at this point, either shutdown and IR for remainder of season or moved to a 21 day practice window before having to add him to the 53-man roster or put on IR.

Since there is no harm in the 21 day window, most teams will do that just so he is able to participate in walk-throughs, etc. More than likely it is only for the experience and he still won't play and will be shutdown on day 21. Now on the other hand, if he starts to ramp up practice reps, then there is a good chance he does play this year.

My dream that will be crushed was having Alshon, Forte, Royal, and White all back for the Packers game and we blow them out on Favre day.

Serious question:

What's the benefit to rushing him? I don't get the whole IR timeline stuff. I mean, other than some snaps, why not just chalk it up as a red-shirt season if there is any chance he isn't 100% fully healthy?

I presume they won't let him go out there if he isn't 100%. If he is indeed 100%, then why not get his feet wet?

Serious question:

What's the benefit to rushing him? I don't get the whole IR timeline stuff. I mean, other than some snaps, why not just chalk it up as a red-shirt season if there is any chance he isn't 100% fully healthy?

Why assume they are rushing him? We've seen nothing of the sort from the team regarding this situation to date. I think it's safe to say he's just on track and healthy. He started light jogging on the grass about a month ago so we have to think he's been going at or near full sprint by now with no setbacks. After all this there's no way I could see them risking him in a contact situation, even moderate contact like practice, if he hadn't handled the full stresses of running routes with no issues.

Serious question: What's the benefit to rushing him? I don't get the whole IR timeline stuff. I mean, other than some snaps, why not just chalk it up as a red-shirt season if there is any chance he isn't 100% fully healthy?

He is on a strict NFL guideline which is monitored by the league. He has to accomplish certain "practice protocols" which makes sure he is not just jogging on the sidelines and is taking part in the requirements. White has said the only thing that he notices is the screws and that has him a little concerned. Other than that, the bone is structurally healed. He now has to regain the strength and flexibility....and of course get up to speed with his teammates.

I would think he will see limited action by the 3rd week. To be honest, if we our out of contention completely, why not shut him down so we don't remind the division what we "may" have.

Serious question:

If there is no risk to further injury, then getting practice reps and potentially some playing time in a real game would be huge to his development.

He is on a strict NFL guideline which is monitored by the league. He has to accomplish certain "practice protocols" which makes sure he is not just jogging on the sidelines and is taking part in the requirements. White has said the only thing that he notices is the screws and that has him a little concerned. Other than that, the bone is structurally healed. He now has to regain the strength and flexibility....and of course get up to speed with his teammates.

I would think he will see limited action by the 3rd week. To be honest, if we our out of contention completely, why not shut him down so we don't remind the division what we "may" have.

Even if he's on the field I doubt we'll see him play at his full capability so that wouldn't help the division much for next year. In his own words he's making significant improvement week to week but I still don't think he'll get there physically before the season.

OTOH what will help him is getting glimpse of how physical the DBs are in the NFL and the play speed. Right now an aggressive return target might be the 13 Dec Redskins game, more likely target the 20 Dec Vikings game. In that case he'd see action against two division rivals, Minn and Detroit.