Latest Mock Draft

Chitownhustla

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/...mock-draft-1-0/

10. Chicago Bears: Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss

The Bears need to improve their offensive line play, and Tunsil started to live up to his immense potential in limited time this year. He’s a smooth-moving left tackle prototype who graded at +11.3 in the run game, while surrendering only four pressures on 204 attempts.

Im about all in on OLINE, OLINE and OLINE. Maybe one Tackle in FA and one Tackle in the draft.

The Bears need to improve their offensive line play, and Tunsil started to live up to his immense potential in limited time this year. He’s a smooth-moving left tackle prototype who graded at +11.3 in the run game, while surrendering only four pressures on 204 attempts.

Im about all in on OLINE, OLINE and OLINE. Maybe one Tackle in FA and one Tackle in the draft.

I do like it, but I don't think Tunsil makes it to 10. I think they have to drop lower to get him. I'd be happy with Stanley though. He's also great.

I do like it, but I don't think Tunsil makes it to 10. I think they have to drop lower to get him. I'd be happy with Stanley though. He's also great.

Yeah I agree on him going earlier, but you never know the draft surprises me every year. They have the Bears picking Oline, that's good enough for me. Being an ND fan I have watched a lot of Stanley, he would be a great pick up.

I want more picks. I want so many guys early on in the draft...so many needs to fill and the right coaching staff to develop them. Desmond King is a guy I like a ton, just a total playmaker who plays a very instinctual CB position for Iowa. Turnover machine. We need playmakers on the Defensive side of the ball.

I want more picks. I want so many guys early on in the draft...so many needs to fill and the right coaching staff to develop them. Desmond King is a guy I like a ton, just a total playmaker who plays a very instinctual CB position for Iowa. Turnover machine. We need playmakers on the Defensive side of the ball.

Knowingly that we have 9 picks in this coming draft, I wouldn't want to trade down unless the price is ransom. If they can have another repeat draft like last, I would be pleased. This turn around will take a few drafts. With the first pick, getting a OLT, CB, DT, or MLB that can be a difference maker would be a huge start.

I'll say it once I'll say it again. Don't waste 1st Rd pick on ol. Need Safety, CB and or ILB

I'll say it once I'll say it again. Don't waste 1st Rd pick on ol. Need Safety, CB and or ILB

I think safety is about as bad of a waste of a pick as early as the Bears are projected to go as anything else. I do agree with the other areas of need. Ultimately though, outside of say wideout/rb, I think you go BPA. We absolutely could use additional talent on the oline. I'd say one of guard / tackle is a major area of need (hoping that our center can continue to develop and thus fill the current need at center). I leave it to the Bears to decide whether Long, with a full off-season and more coaching, can become above average to elite at tackle. If he can't, than I think we need to put him back where he is elite and a game changer.

No matter who the QB is, it is important to have a quality line. Makes every aspect of the offense better.

I think safety is about as bad of a waste of a pick as early as the Bears are projected to go as anything else. I do agree with the other areas of need. Ultimately though, outside of say wideout/rb, I think you go BPA. We absolutely could use additional talent on the oline. I'd say one of guard / tackle is a major area of need (hoping that our center can continue to develop and thus fill the current need at center). I leave it to the Bears to decide whether Long, with a full off-season and more coaching, can become above average to elite at tackle. If he can't, than I think we need to put him back where he is elite and a game changer.

No matter who the QB is, it is important to have a quality line. Makes every aspect of the offense better.

Agreed. The point being that getting an OLman in the first round does not guarantee success (Carimi and Williams disproved that point). Heck, effective or no, our current OL has only one 1st rounder and he wasn't even drafted for the position he's currently filling in at. And what's more, he didn't even play the position he WAS drafted for all that long in college.

BPA or skill is where you go when doing first round...IMHO. Yes Jason, that is subjective.

Agreed. The point being that getting an OLman in the first round does not guarantee success (Carimi and Williams disproved that point). Heck, effective or no, our current OL has only one 1st rounder and he wasn't even drafted for the position he's currently filling in at. And what's more, he didn't even play the position he WAS drafted for all that long in college.

BPA or skill is where you go when doing first round...IMHO. Yes Jason, that is subjective.

Please go back and find the multiple links that statistically PROVE drafting OL early is better than other positions. It is not a 100% guarantee - no position is - but it is statistically significant. The various links have been shown before, and the historical drafts have been broken down, OL early has better odds than all but, if I recall correctly, one or two other positions.

Also, by your reasoning, Kyle Fuller means the Bears should not draft a CB in the first. He certainly hasn't been worthy of a first.

One more thing, more OL players mean more holes to fill, so it stands to reason that if the position is not addressed, then any weak link can ruin the chain. Furthermore, they are the first links of the chain. without those links, the others do not hold up.

If either stud OT is,there when the Bears draft, they would be crazy to pass.

Fact. Go find the best OLs of all time, and I will show you players who went far beyond their actual skill level. I still say Emmitt Smith is slightly above average; he just benefitted from having one of the best OLs in history and looked like one of the best ever. Every other highlight of his is busting through a wide open hole and getting first contact on a LB 5yds deep.

Fact. Go find the best OLs of all time, and I will show you players who went far beyond their actual skill level. I still say Emmitt Smith is slightly above average; he just benefitted from having one of the best OLs in history and looked like one of the best ever. Every other highlight of his is busting through a wide open hole and getting first contact on a LB 5yds deep.

I wouldn't be opposed in taking two OT's if the right guys were available.

1-Ronnie Stanley OT ND

2-Scooby Wright LB ARZ

3-Jarron Reed DT AL

4-Joe Haeg OT NDSU

5-Miles Killebrew SS Utah

6-CB

6-OLB

6-TE

7-WR

Please go back and find the multiple links that statistically PROVE drafting OL early is better than other positions. It is not a 100% guarantee - no position is - but it is statistically significant. The various links have been shown before, and the historical drafts have been broken down, OL early has better odds than all but, if I recall correctly, one or two other positions.

Also, by your reasoning, Kyle Fuller means the Bears should not draft a CB in the first. He certainly hasn't been worthy of a first.

One more thing, more OL players mean more holes to fill, so it stands to reason that if the position is not addressed, then any weak link can ruin the chain. Furthermore, they are the first links of the chain. without those links, the others do not hold up.

If either stud OT is,there when the Bears draft, they would be crazy to pass.

Thank you! You beat me to it...

Please explain to me then how the Cowboys with three of their five Olmen as 1st round picks (and to be fair Collins is technically a first round choice - so really four) and their QB has been injured not once but twice? Both times he's been put on IR. The first of the temporary type and the second, season ending. Whereas you have the undefeated Carolina Panthers with one 1st rounder. That one being the 29 year old Michael Oher. The other parts of the line consist of one 2nd rounder (Kalil), one 3rd rounder (Turner) and two undrafted dudes (Remmers and Norwell). Your subjective stats to me would be skewed by the simple logic that Olinemen are the 'make or break' of any team.

My subjective take is that your 1st round skill players; for Carolina at least, are making more the difference than are the Olinemen. Those players being Newton, Ginn Jr, Stewart and Olsen. And that's just the offense.

Please explain to me then how the Cowboys with three of their five Olmen as 1st round picks (and to be fair Collins is technically a first round choice - so really four) and their QB has been injured not once but twice? Both times he's been put on IR. The first of the temporary type and the second, season ending. Whereas you have the undefeated Carolina Panthers with one 1st rounder. That one being the 29 year old Michael Oher. The other parts of the line consist of one 2nd rounder (Kalil), one 3rd rounder (Turner) and two undrafted dudes (Remmers and Norwell). Your subjective stats to me would be skewed by the simple logic that Olinemen are the 'make or break' of any team.

My subjective take is that your 1st round skill players; for Carolina at least, are making more the difference than are the Olinemen. Those players being Newton, Ginn Jr, Stewart and Olsen. And that's just the offense.

Jerry Jones is asking the same thing!

Jason,

I had meant to address this line you wrote too: "Also, by your reasoning, Kyle Fuller means the Bears should not draft a CB in the first. He certainly hasn't been worthy of a first."

As much as it pains me to pick on a skill player, the same could be said for another 1st rounder in Jay Cutler. Cutler has been playing in the league for what 10 years where Fuller is on his 2nd year. Cutler has yet to prove his 1st round status in those 10 years and there's still time for Fuller to disprove his draft pick. After all, Fuller did pretty well in an inept run defense under Tucker and now as the season wears on he's showing signs of life for his second coordinator. I mean you've offered that rationale for why Cutler has never reached the top plenty of times, why too should it not apply to Fuller?

Jason,

I had meant to address this line you wrote too: "Also, by your reasoning, Kyle Fuller means the Bears should not draft a CB in the first. He certainly hasn't been worthy of a first."

As much as it pains me to pick on a skill player, the same could be said for another 1st rounder in Jay Cutler. Cutler has been playing in the league for what 10 years where Fuller is on his 2nd year. Cutler has yet to prove his 1st round status in those 10 years and there's still time for Fuller to disprove his draft pick. After all, Fuller did pretty well in an inept run defense under Tucker and now as the season wears on he's showing signs of life for his second coordinator. I mean you've offered that rationale for why Cutler has never reached the top plenty of times, why too should it not apply to Fuller?

Do you truly believe that a ten year starter at quarterback is NOT worthy of a 1st round pick? Sometimes I blame my second rum and coke...

Please explain to me then how the Cowboys with three of their five Olmen as 1st round picks (and to be fair Collins is technically a first round choice - so really four) and their QB has been injured not once but twice? Both times he's been put on IR. The first of the temporary type and the second, season ending. Whereas you have the undefeated Carolina Panthers with one 1st rounder. That one being the 29 year old Michael Oher. The other parts of the line consist of one 2nd rounder (Kalil), one 3rd rounder (Turner) and two undrafted dudes (Remmers and Norwell). Your subjective stats to me would be skewed by the simple logic that Olinemen are the 'make or break' of any team. My subjective take is that your 1st round skill players; for Carolina at least, are making more the difference than are the Olinemen. Those players being Newton, Ginn Jr, Stewart and Olsen. And that's just the offense.

The Cowboys oline is great, they are better suited to run than pass imo. The issue should be take the best player that suits a need, not take a certain position like a skill over trench bc of a statistic made up to prove a point. The O-line is a position of need on the Bears, just like LB, S, CB and DT will be. When the Bears turn comes up to pick, they will have a handful of players on their big board that may look like:

1.Robert Nkimdiche DT 2. Ronnie Stanley OT 3. Jaylon Smith LB 4. Myles Jack LB 5. DeForest Buckner DT 6. A'Shawn Robinson DT

So now they have to decide which player will give the Bears the best shot at winning. Any of these names would not surprise or upset me unless they say, we have to grab the best skill player.... Laquan Treadwell is the top skill on the board lets load up on WR.

The Cowboys oline is great, they are better suited to run than pass imo. The issue should be take the best player that suits a need, not take a certain position like a skill over trench bc of a statistic made up to prove a point. The O-line is a position of need on the Bears, just like LB, S, CB and DT will be. When the Bears turn comes up to pick, they will have a handful of players on their big board that may look like:

Not sure what you're referring to when you say "statistic (that is ) made up" but whatever. My view on OL is that when it comes to 1st round choices, BPA and how much return (IMHO) you can get on a skill player you can't draft OL 'just because'. The Bears have done it twice in recent history and failed miserably. Marc Colombo was another example of how our team failed miserably in drafting in the 1st round at OL. I'm personally not a fan nor convinced that is the way to go. If anything you go out and find the proven players in the postion(s) and sign them to substantial deals. Much like the Taits, Reuben Browns or Fred Millers.

Do you truly believe that a ten year starter at quarterback is NOT worthy of a 1st round pick? Sometimes I blame my second rum and coke...

Well first off, what other choice is there? I know a resounding endorsement but if you can't answer that then well...that's where we are with Cutler.

But the comparison I was making was that Fuller, although a 1st round pick, has only been in the league for two years and been under as many coordinators. (Hell he's played in two different schemes for that matter). Yet when "protecting" Cutler and what I consider inept play, a lot of you will come to his defense with claims that part of the problem is that he's played for different coordinators over the years and always had to re-learn his position. Obviously that's not the only reason for his lackluster play but for the sake of comparing the two, that's what I'm using. Yet Jason, and presumably you, are ok with considering getting rid of Fuller because he's not meeting your expectations. I'm saying, give him a chance to actually play out his contract before we make that choice. In this instance I'll lay my trust in Fangio that he'll be able to figure out what's best.

Well first off, what other choice is there? I know a resounding endorsement but if you can't answer that then well...that's where we are with Cutler.

But the comparison I was making was that Fuller, although a 1st round pick, has only been in the league for two years and been under as many coordinators. (Hell he's played in two different schemes for that matter). Yet when "protecting" Cutler and what I consider inept play, a lot of you will come to his defense with claims that part of the problem is that he's played for different coordinators over the years and always had to re-learn his position. Obviously that's not the only reason for his lackluster play but for the sake of comparing the two, that's what I'm using. Yet Jason, and presumably you, are ok with considering getting rid of Fuller because he's not meeting your expectations. I'm saying, give him a chance to actually play out his contract before we make that choice. In this instance I'll lay my trust in Fangio that he'll be able to figure out what's best.

I agree with your thought process and I like Fuller and Cutler. I simply thought your analogy was way off. Anytime you can get a ten year starter. That's worthy of a first round pick.

Absolutely. I would have averaged 2 1/2 yards a carry behind that line.

Not sure what you're referring to when you say "statistic (that is ) made up" but whatever. My view on OL is that when it comes to 1st round choices, BPA and how much return (IMHO) you can get on a skill player you can't draft OL 'just because'. The Bears have done it twice in recent history and failed miserably. Marc Colombo was another example of how our team failed miserably in drafting in the 1st round at OL. I'm personally not a fan nor convinced that is the way to go. If anything you go out and find the proven players in the postion(s) and sign them to substantial deals. Much like the Taits, Reuben Browns or Fred Millers.

That statistic thing was about saying Carolina has this many picks on the oline compared to Dallas... etc. Using a stat like that barely skims on why a team is playing well or not.

All three of our drafted offensive lineman that you refer too as being failures, two were due to significant injury after the draft (Columbo/Carimi). They both suffered right knee injuries, that would require years to regain strength. They were both selected with the 29th pick in the first round also. No player will want to be taken by the Bears again if they pick 29th. Chris Williams was an awful pick, they clearly didn't do there homework since he had a herniated disc also. I wanted Brandon Albert that year and was like Chris who?

Finding proven players in FA usually costs a fortune or takes many trials and errors. The consistently good teams in the nfl only use FA on rare occasions. I am waiting for the Bears to get to that level.

I am not saying Oline is the only way to go RD1, I want BPA that fills a need.