Timu promoted

AZ54

The Bears are doing exactly as they should and are starting to bring up some practice squad players to get a look at them. Timu moves up to the active roster to see if he can redeem himself from earlier mistakes. ILB is a definite need heading into the offseason and I like this move. We might even see Timu on defense sometime in the last couple games. I assume they'd give him at least a full two weeks of practice before putting him in that spotlight.

Despite our depleted Dline Hood didn't show enough to justify keeping him around. We have had surprisingly productive play from Unrein and Gaston. They've done enough as part of the rotation that Dline has not been the biggest issue on defense the last few games. I'm not saying they are great players but they are making enough plays to justify keeping them around. These kind of personnel changes often go un-noticed but Pace really did a great job of finding talent that belongs on the field mid-season. That's not easy to do. In years past when we hit the streets looking for Dline players we didn't fare nearly as well.

What's next? I think we'll continue to IR players that get injured and will either promote our practice squad players or we'll go after a couple players from other teams' practice squads.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1...00-afc370581a32

I like some thing we saw from Timu early on...

I'd like to keep an eye on him.

The Bears are doing exactly as they should and are starting to bring up some practice squad players to get a look at them. Timu moves up to the active roster to see if he can redeem himself from earlier mistakes. ILB is a definite need heading into the offseason and I like this move. We might even see Timu on defense sometime in the last couple games. I assume they'd give him at least a full two weeks of practice before putting him in that spotlight.

Despite our depleted Dline Hood didn't show enough to justify keeping him around. We have had surprisingly productive play from Unrein and Gaston. They've done enough as part of the rotation that Dline has not been the biggest issue on defense the last few games. I'm not saying they are great players but they are making enough plays to justify keeping them around. These kind of personnel changes often go un-noticed but Pace really did a great job of finding talent that belongs on the field mid-season. That's not easy to do. In years past when we hit the streets looking for Dline players we didn't fare nearly as well.

What's next? I think we'll continue to IR players that get injured and will either promote our practice squad players or we'll go after a couple players from other teams' practice squads.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1...00-afc370581a32

He was the only ILB I can remember the last few games that actually got penetration in the backfield on a few runs today. He's their best ILB already.

He was the best ILB today that's for sure. He still has room to grow but that's a good start to redeeming himself. Meanwhile Christian Jones' future gets cloudier as he was inactive.

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 25m25 minutes ago

After review of film, #Bears coaches credited rookie LB John Timu with team-high 9 tackles in his first career start.

Even the numbers support the eye ball test. Timu looks a lot better than anything we have had inside most of the year. I still wonder about Mason Foster.....