What player impressed and disappointed the most?

eback

For me it's Culter and Fuller. I don't think I need to elaborate.

You're disappointed in Kyle Fuller? Please elaborate. He has actually turned into a decent Corner.

wk13-19-2-1024x576.jpg

For me, I was most impressed with Adrian Amos. With Mundy hurt, then Rolle hurt, he was thrust into the starting lineup and has played way above a rookie 5th round pick. Porter and Deonte Thompson are my honorable mentions.

Disappointed in the most? That one is tough, I would have to say based on expectations, Bennett. With all the WR injuries, he was supposed to step up and never did. Honorable mention: SMC, Jeffery, and Gould.

Impressed: Zach Miller - Honestly, he looks fast, has good hands, runs good routes, and makes Bennett dispensable.

Disappointed: Martellus Bennett. See above, and he just hasn't been great this year. Dropsies have been an issue, and I'm still convinced he is a bad route runner that screws Cutler on the 50/50 decision routes.

Miller has been a huge bright spot and surprise. I cringe every time I see Fuller go to make a tackle. I expected him to breakout this year and am sorely disappointed in all phases. Porter is a much better corner.

Uhh, Fuller is a really solid tackler. That's why some think he would be a solid safety.....not too sure who you've been watching.

Amos is my biggest surprise, and Grasu is my biggest disappointment. I loved Grasu out of college and thought he would come in right away and play at a high level.

Of non rookies, Willie Young has looked really good as an OLB, as has Houston but I'm not really surprised.....I'll go with Christian Jones as my non rookie disappointment. I thought he'd excel as a starter. I might try him at OLB next year.

In the past few games I have seen him get pushed back 5-6 yards when trying to tackle a RB resulting in a few missed easy opportunities to get the defense off the field. I've seen him make great TOL on screens too. My main disappointment is his overall soft play. I had very high hopes for him and am always rooting for him to be a game changer at the position. Maybe FS would be a better fit. I hope he proves me wrong but I'm not going to expect a lot next year.

I don't recall such plays, but if you say so. Whole reason he gets talked about as a safety is because he's physical against the run. Fuller had a really disappointing first half, but in the 2nd half hes been solid. I feel confident in saying he's at least a #2 starter, and I still think he can be a #1. He had a brilliant 1st half last year and very good 2nd half this year. Just needs to put it all together for 16 games.

Offense impressed: Cutler, Leno, Miller and Langford have gone above expectation

Offense disappointment: Jeffery, Bennett, and Royal (mainly due to injury)

- - - - - - -

Defense impressed: Amos, Porter, Callahan, Goldman and Young

Defense disappointment: McClellin, Jones, Rolle, and Ratliff.

This is an outstanding question and one I can't give a straight answer to.

I'm not impressed with Jay Cutler's play because he should be playing the way he's playing now and should have been several years ago. I hope I'm not starting a firestorm but, right now he is playing like a game manager trying to avoid mistakes. Yesterday's game should have been billed the Conservative Bowl because both coaches were trying to keep mistakes to a minimal. WTBS here is my take on the likes and dislikes of 2015. I'll call it like one of my favorite movies of all time The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Ugly: Ray McDonald,Jay Ratliff and Brock Vereen. The first two for off the field and the last one for on the field as a second year player that starts the season top of the depth chart and gets cut. He showed that he couldn't play dead and the mistakes he made as a rookie were a trend that continued!

Bad : Martellus Bennett, Robbie Gould, Alshon Jeffrey, Eddie Royal, Marc Mariani, Christian Jones, Antrelle Rolle and the decision to move Kyle Long to Right Tackle a week before the season!

Bennett holdout and what looked like a lack of focus at times plus to much mugging for the cameras for a sound bite. You're not worth the headache!

Robbie Gould that bad stretch you had cost the team at least 3 games sitting at 6-9 and maybe those 3 critical kicks would give the team a shot at the playoffs

Alshon as one of your biggest fans since your college days visually you look like you have fallen into the pattern that was being whispered prior to the draft about significant weight gain because you look TE size to me and maybe that is what is contributing to your multitude of injuries.

Eddie Royal collects his pay check with a ski mask and AK-47!

Marc Mariani My deceased Grand ma can fair catch, please polish up your resume and ride off into the sunset because you should be coaching and not playing. You were a nice story but, the book is closed.

Christian Jones I guess there is a reason you went undrafted!

Antrelle Rolle nice career, turn the page!

To whoever dragged this decision out until the first week of the season to move Long to RT you should be taken to the wood shed!

The Good:Rookies actually making contributions in their first year, 2nd year players getting a good look and more importantly looking coached up! Injured veterans returning and making an impact(Young and Houston), most of the FAs signed on one year contracts and I'm convinced that Fangio will be here next year and believe Gase will be also unless there is a huge turnover in head coaches then he is certain to be on some ones short list!

I'm not impressed with Jay Cutler's play because he should be playing the way he's playing now and should have been several years ago. I hope I'm not starting a firestorm but, right now he is playing like a game manager trying to avoid mistakes. Yesterday's game should have been billed the Conservative Bowl because both coaches were trying to keep mistakes to a minimal. WTBS here is my take on the likes and dislikes of 2015. I'll call it like one of my favorite movies of all time The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Ugly: Ray McDonald,Jay Ratliff and Brock Vereen. The first two for off the field and the last one for on the field as a second year player that starts the season top of the depth chart and gets cut. He showed that he couldn't play dead and the mistakes he made as a rookie were a trend that continued!

Bad : Martellus Bennett, Robbie Gould, Alshon Jeffrey, Eddie Royal, Marc Mariani, Christian Jones, Antrelle Rolle and the decision to move Kyle Long to Right Tackle a week before the season!

Bennett holdout and what looked like a lack of focus at times plus to much mugging for the cameras for a sound bite. You're not worth the headache!

Robbie Gould that bad stretch you had cost the team at least 3 games sitting at 6-9 and maybe those 3 critical kicks would give the team a shot at the playoffs

Alshon as one of your biggest fans since your college days visually you look like you have fallen into the pattern that was being whispered prior to the draft about significant weight gain because you look TE size to me and maybe that is what is contributing to your multitude of injuries.

Marc Mariani My deceased Grand ma can fair catch, please polish up your resume and ride off into the sunset because you should be coaching and not playing. You were a nice story but, the book is closed.

To whoever dragged this decision out until the first week of the season to move Long to RT you should be taken to the wood shed!

The Good:Rookies actually making contributions in their first year, 2nd year players getting a good look and more importantly looking coached up! Injured veterans returning and making an impact(Young and Houston), most of the FAs signed on one year contracts and I'm convinced that Fangio will be here next year and believe Gase will be also unless there is a huge turnover in head coaches then he is certain to be on some ones short list!

All excellent points IMO. Especially intriguing is your point about Cutler. As you know I've not been a fan of his as of late. But your point on him makes perfect sense. I've struggled with wanting to like him these last few years but seen too much of his carelessness and unwillingness to clean it up that I more or less convinced what we saw, in his past, was the best we'd ever get. This year, yes he improved. But to what end? He cut down on his mistakes and "managed" the games better as the season wore on. But you know what? I think we may have already had the player Cutler has become in Kyle Orton back when we made the trade. He was a pretty darn good game manager too. In fact that was his MO. It's unfortunate that a player with Cutlers ability took this long to become that consistent. I can only hope that he improves upon it next year rather than maintain or slip. I fear if Gase goes we may have seen the best we'll get from Cutler.

Another point you made was about Gould. And considering what Adam wrote in another thread labeled "our wins and losses". Isn't it ironic that just a few weeks ago (and some missed bery "routine" kicks) we went from playoff contention to totally out of it? Yet yesterday Robbie hit everything anywhere from 20 yards to 50 yards with relative ease.

Please tell me what 3 games Gould lost. The only game he lost was against SF where he missed the game winning kick at the end of the game. He missed a 50-yard game tying kick at the end of the Redskins game - it doesn't mean they would have won the game.

Peace :dabears

Peace

Please tell me what 3 games Gould lost. The only game he lost was against SF where he missed the game winning kick at the end of the game. He missed a 50-yard game tying kick at the end of the Redskins game - it doesn't mean they would have won the game.

Peace :dabears

Peace

And even then, the defense lost that game more than Robbie. Sure, he screwed up that last second kick, but the defense let the Niners drive 64 yards in 1:35 with a culminating 44 yard TD run by a first round bust, backup QB, who is actually the second best running QB on the opposing team.

Robbie didn't lose that game. Robbie just screwed up in that opportunity. The defense lost that game on the Niners' final, ridiculous drive.

All excellent points IMO. Especially intriguing is your point about Cutler. As you know I've not been a fan of his as of late. But your point on him makes perfect sense. I've struggled with wanting to like him these last few years but seen too much of his carelessness and unwillingness to clean it up that I more or less convinced what we saw, in his past, was the best we'd ever get. This year, yes he improved. But to what end? He cut down on his mistakes and "managed" the games better as the season wore on. But you know what? I think we may have already had the player Cutler has become in Kyle Orton back when we made the trade. He was a pretty darn good game manager too. In fact that was his MO. It's unfortunate that a player with Cutlers ability took this long to become that consistent. I can only hope that he improves upon it next year rather than maintain or slip. I fear if Gase goes we may have seen the best we'll get from Cutler.

Another point you made was about Gould. And considering what Adam wrote in another thread labeled "our wins and losses". Isn't it ironic that just a few weeks ago (and some missed bery "routine" kicks) we went from playoff contention to totally out of it? Yet yesterday Robbie hit everything anywhere from 20 yards to 50 yards with relative ease.

The thing, once again is injuries. Injuries have forced him into a game manager.

I know again you'll say it's an excuse, and point out that guys like Aaron Rodgers overcome....wait, Aaron Rodgers isn't having a great year without Jordy Nelson and a bad OL.

I think Gase stays another year, and we see a whole nother Cutey next year assuming injuries don't happen/we have proper depth.

The thing, once again is injuries. Injuries have forced him into a game manager.

I know again you'll say it's an excuse, and point out that guys like Aaron Rodgers overcome....wait, Aaron Rodgers isn't having a great year without Jordy Nelson and a bad OL.

I think Gase stays another year, and we see a whole nother Cutey next year assuming injuries don't happen/we have proper depth.

The problem for Cutler haters is that each year there is an excuse. Now, in my eyes, the excuses are almost entirely legitimate. Changing coaches, atrocious OLs, iffy WRs, etc., and he was just never really set up for sustained success. The Bears have been a failed franchise, and haven't been able to put it all together in one year since Cutler has been in Chicago.

Cutler has not disappointed this year by any means.

I think Gase stays another year, and we see a whole nother Cutey next year assuming injuries don't happen/we have proper dept

. Aaron Rodgers comment is spot on. But why try to convince Alaska, Culter has kept him very quiet this season.

I hope u r right about Gase, I think he will be gone tho.

He's kept me relatively quiet because he's done as Lemon suggested and successfully managed games. Moreso than he's done in the past.

And last I checked the Packers are already in the playoffs (?) and again contending for the NFC North title. I suppose that doesn't qualify for doing 'more with less'(?)

He's kept me relatively quiet because he's done as Lemon suggested and successfully managed games. Moreso than he's done in the past.

And last I checked the Packers are already in the playoffs (?) and again contending for the NFC North title. I suppose that doesn't qualify for doing 'more with less'(?)

Yes, but he's still been fairly mediocre due to injuries, and that is the point. Over his last 9 games he's only completing 56% of his passes. For comparison, Cutler has only completed under 56% just once this year, and that was the first game of the season. Rodgers QB rating the last 2 months(the last 9 games) has been 81 and 83. Cutler has only been below 83 3 times this year. Jay even has a higher Yards Per Completion this year. Rodgers has more yards only because he passes more.

I'm not saying Cutler is better than Rodgers, just making the point that when injuries happen, your QB isn't gonna play as well as he should.

Yes, but he's still been fairly mediocre due to injuries, and that is the point. Over his last 9 games he's only completing 56% of his passes. For comparison, Cutler has only completed under 56% just once this year, and that was the first game of the season. Rodgers QB rating the last 2 months(the last 9 games) has been 81 and 83. Cutler has only been below 83 3 times this year. Jay even has a higher Yards Per Completion this year. Rodgers has more yards only because he passes more.

I'm not saying Cutler is better than Rodgers, just making the point that when injuries happen, your QB isn't gonna play as well as he should.

Rodgers has been mediocre at best and it is amazing he has not received more flak in the media. After their 6-0 start, the Packers are 4-5 (and really should be 3-6 if not for that ridiculous game against Detroit). In the 4 wins, they beat OAK, DAL, DET, and MIN.

In the last 9 games he has a 56% completion pct, and is only averaging 226 yard/game and 5.8 Y/A. He has also been sacked 30 times in those 9 games.

Rodgers has clearly showed what happens when you lose or don't have a true #1 WR, a bad O-Line, no running game, and sketchy play-calling. Cutler has dealt with a combination of those and more over his Bears career. He has had a revolving carousel at OC, HC, and has also had some brutally bad defenses.

Sadly his mediocrity is similar to Cutler's 'vast improvement' if measured on the same scale. Consistently over the years we haven't seen much in the way of consistently good play...until this year. And even then it's at a 'game manager' level.

Apparently that memo wasn't sent to Brady, Russell Wilson and Alex Smith (who lost a huge piece of their offense when Charles was lost).