Goldman, Jeffery put on IR

GakMan23

who's replacing them?

Then they signed defensive linemen Greg Scruggs and Terry Williams

That's it... Seasons over. ?

If I recall correctly; Williams had a pretty decent pre-season and early season(?). Would've liked to see him play a little more this year. Oh well, hopefully he'll make a lasting enough impression this weekend.

That's it... Seasons over. ?

If I recall correctly; Williams had a pretty decent pre-season and early season(?). Would've liked to see him play a little more this year. Oh well, hopefully he'll make a lasting enough impression this weekend.

I thought Williams name sounded familiar! That's why

Is the only purpose to this move to pull in a few bodies and see what they have? Any other advantages to it?

Probably that and there is not point to putting someone in the game that has an injury that could be made worse, after all there is no point to the game as winning it does nothing but give you a worse draft choice at this point.

Probably that and there is not point to putting someone in the game that has an injury that could be made worse, after all there is no point to the game as winning it does nothing but give you a worse draft choice at this point.

Yeah, I figured that, but I was more asking about the roster limits, sizes, IR numbers, etc. That kind of front office, puzzle piece moving. Or if there are any salary implications at all to late-season IR moves.

Does anybody know the severity of Goldman's injury? He is one of the best things going for this defense imo. Has any team in history had this many players on the IR? Seems like a fifth of our starters.

No surgery required, should be ready for the Superbowl parties.

I like putting Jeffrey on IR. Kinda puts him out of our misery for a week and even though it's just for one week this takes his bargaining power down just a notch.

No surgery required, should be ready for the Superbowl parties.

I like putting Jeffrey on IR. Kinda puts him out of our misery for a week and even though it's just for one week this takes his bargaining power down just a notch.

Glad Goldman should be good. If it was a knee, different story.

AJ supposedly is invested in a salary firm FANTEX. It will be intersting in to how this plays into his contract demands. It sounded like a poor decision coming from Hub on the Score. You can buy stocks on AJ which are around $11 fyi. It will be sad if he is only chasing $ because I think Chicago is a place you can add to your earnings by being great and winning.

Glad Goldman should be good. If it was a knee, different story.

AJ supposedly is invested in a salary firm FANTEX. It will be intersting in to how this plays into his contract demands. It sounded like a poor decision coming from Hub on the Score. You can buy stocks on AJ which are around $11 fyi. It will be sad if he is only chasing $ because I think Chicago is a place you can add to your earnings by being great and winning.

You are very correct about Chicago and the opportunity for extra money in that city, not just now but even long term if he's an elite star in the likes of Urlacher. If he can't see that writing on that wall he's got to be totally blind. I think Alshon has always been a level-headed guy regarding who or what he is as a player and i don't think he'll be pushing to get a "top 5" deal. Alshon is clearly capable of 1500yd seasons and if I were Pace that's where I'd put down some big incentive $$ for him to achieve. You have to stay healthy to hit that mark.

You are very correct about Chicago and the opportunity for extra money in that city, not just now but even long term if he's an elite star in the likes of Urlacher. If he can't see that writing on that wall he's got to be totally blind. I think Alshon has always been a level-headed guy regarding who or what he is as a player and i don't think he'll be pushing to get a "top 5" deal. Alshon is clearly capable of 1500yd seasons and if I were Pace that's where I'd put down some big incentive $$ for him to achieve. You have to stay healthy to hit that mark.

One thing these players see is how the team treats them as their careers come to an end. Chicago has not been the most kind imo. It may be at how the team communicates on that matter. Players are selfish too and it may take them a couple years to realize that they need to run the business at the best scale possible. Having to pay high for a diminished skill because they owe it does not bring success. Alshon will get dealt his cards soon, worst case is we have 2016 with him.

Totally agree. Pay him well and if he becomes a top 5, that's covered too...

Agreed with all of the above. Don't go top 5, but put in lots of incentives. And players looking for loyalty from a club, whether that's something that should be given in today's NFL or not, are probably not pleased with how the Bears handle things.

One thing these players see is how the team treats them as their careers come to an end. Chicago has not been the most kind imo. It may be at how the team communicates on that matter. Players are selfish too and it may take them a couple years to realize that they need to run the business at the best scale possible. Having to pay high for a diminished skill because they owe it does not bring success. Alshon will get dealt his cards soon, worst case is we have 2016 with him.

I think this is largely colored by the way Urlacher was shown the door. There are plenty of former Bears who are still actively working with the organization in a variety of capacities.