Kyle Long to stay at OT?

ASHKUM BEAR

#Bears Kyle Long just told reporters he's been told he'll play tackle next year. Doesn't know which side yet. #BearsTalk

Do you buy it? Can he improve having a off season to prepare?

Looking like we will be upgrading the RG this offseason. Draft or FA, they need more strength to help both Grasu inside and Long outside.

Interesting. I wonder if this is so he doesn't lose any more confidence or is this a confidence booster?

I think it comes down to mechanics, and with him I believe he may have more natural ability on the left side. I also believe he played some LT for the Ducks, so it wouldn't be a completely new position for him.

Lastly, it will probably come down to our other acquisitions. If we pick up a true RT, then he may end up on the left.

I'm not sure I completely buy it...

But, that said, with a full off-season, and potentially a move to left...given his work ethic and desire, he could make it happen and be excellent.

#Bears Kyle Long just told reporters he's been told he'll play tackle next year. Doesn't know which side yet. #BearsTalk

Do you buy it? Can he improve having a off season to prepare?

Looking like we will be upgrading the RG this offseason. Draft or FA, they need more strength to help both Grasu inside and Long outside.

Sounds like draft shenanigans are starting....

Exactly. I haaaaaaaaaaaaate the move if it's true. It makes no sense to take someone from a position where they are one of the best OGs in the NFL unless it's an injury situation. I hope it's a smoke-screen.

That being said, there appears to be a decent amount of OG talent in the 3-4 round in the 2016 draft.