Peanut on IR

madlithuanian

I am so pissed that we wasted money on Ball vs. bringing Peanut back. I rarely am one of those veteran homers on this site, but Peanut was that guy for me and I hate seeing him play somewhere else. He brought so much to the lockeroom and community and was always a good mentor/role model for other players.

Wish Peanut a speedy recovery and I hope if he is truly going to hang it up, he signs a 1 year deal with the Bears and than announces his retirement.

I am so pissed that we wasted money on Ball vs. bringing Peanut back. I rarely am one of those veteran homers on this site, but Peanut was that guy for me and I hate seeing him play somewhere else. He brought so much to the lockeroom and community and was always a good mentor/role model for other players.

Wish Peanut a speedy recovery and I hope if he is truly going to hang it up, he signs a 1 year deal with the Bears and than announces his retirement.

He was let go at least one year too early. I called it. Bad decision by the front office. He would have helped a lot this year.

He was let go at least one year too early. I called it. Bad decision by the front office. He would have helped a lot this year.

Wasn't he a free agent? If so, he wasn't let go.

Regardless, I love Peanut but I think his time is done now with this injury. I hope they resign him just for a day so he can retire a Bear. Then, if I had a choice in the matter, the Bears would sign him to a lifetime service contract.

Peace :dabears

Wasn't he a free agent? If so, he wasn't let go.

Regardless, I love Peanut but I think his time is done now with this injury. I hope they resign him just for a day so he can retire a Bear. Then, if I had a choice in the matter, the Bears would sign him to a lifetime service contract.

For all intents and purposes, he was let go. He wanted to stay in Chicago, and would have worked with the Bears if they were even remotely interested in signing him. Just like Urlacher, all they had to do was bargain with him, give a "thanks for being a legendary Bear player"-bump above league minimum, and he likely would have retired a Bear.

For all intents and purposes, he was let go. He wanted to stay in Chicago, and would have worked with the Bears if they were even remotely interested in signing him. Just like Urlacher, all they had to do was bargain with him, give a "thanks for being a legendary Bear player"-bump above league minimum, and he likely would have retired a Bear.

We have no idea what happened. This is simply conjecture.

Peanut was one of my favorite Bears and was sad to see him go, sad to see him going on IR. He's reached a point where the mind is willing but the body isn't. Class act on and off the field he played the game the right way and was an asset to the community. I hope he does sign a one day contract to retire a Bear. He will always be a Bear. I think he'd make a heck of a DB coach if he does indeed hang em up for good.