No rift between Bears and Bennett per Pace

GakMan23

Also I think Pace knows that the more people think their is an issue, the lower his trade value gets (if he does intend to test his market). Personally, I know that Marty is one of the best TE's in the league and still young and capable. We have a lot of other needs and we don't have some young up and coming TE on the books. I would be very happy if we were able to give Marty a fair extension while also bringing Miller back to be the back-up (and than continuing to develop Lee or whomever else behind that for more depth). Gives you quality weapons at the TE spot.

Just a thought, but could a lot of Jay's turnovers be related to MB not being in the right place? Seems like the less he was relied on (injury, etc.), the less picks happened...

Also I think Pace knows that the more people think their is an issue, the lower his trade value gets (if he does intend to test his market). Personally, I know that Marty is one of the best TE's in the league and still young and capable. We have a lot of other needs and we don't have some young up and coming TE on the books. I would be very happy if we were able to give Marty a fair extension while also bringing Miller back to be the back-up (and than continuing to develop Lee or whomever else behind that for more depth). Gives you quality weapons at the TE spot.

Makes more sense to part with Marty, make Zach Miller the starter, and draft the "up and comer". Then the Bears are in virtually the same position as at RB that so many seem to like. Miller is way more than capable of holding down the fort for a year or two while a rookie gets up to speed.

Makes more sense to part with Marty, make Zach Miller the starter, and draft the "up and comer". Then the Bears are in virtually the same position as at RB that so many seem to like. Miller is way more than capable of holding down the fort for a year or two while a rookie gets up to speed.

We will never agree on this or Forte. It makes zero sense to take Miller, who is coming off of his first ever non injury plagued season (and is older than Marty) and than use a pick on an actual starter when we have a million needs. TE is a strength and we have a ton of weaknesses. Why should the Bears end up moving Marty (for what will probably be a pick which would not allow us to draft a player as good as Marty, in most all scenarios) and than create a need now to use a 2nd rounder on a TE.

It is an absolute no brainer to me that we need to find a way to mend the relationship and have Marty & Miller and actually have a strength. It also ensures we can focus our draft picks and FA signings on actual areas of need (and their are plenty of them on this roster). If the Bears dump Marty, our Te position is absolutely weak. You would be ignorant to ignore Miller's consistent history of injuries. All probabilities point to a scenario with Miller as our starter resulting in Khari Lee as our starting TE for the majority of the season, which would be a disaster (or we spend money on a FA or use an early pick on a TE and in this day and age, early picks are going to TE's, so that is what it would take if we are looking at a probable TE who has a shot at being a dynamic player).

We will never agree on this or Forte. It makes zero sense to take Miller, who is coming off of his first ever non injury plagued season (and is older than Marty) and than use a pick on an actual starter when we have a million needs. TE is a strength and we have a ton of weaknesses. Why should the Bears end up moving Marty (for what will probably be a pick which would not allow us to draft a player as good as Marty, in most all scenarios) and than create a need now to use a 2nd rounder on a TE.

It is an absolute no brainer to me that we need to find a way to mend the relationship and have Marty & Miller and actually have a strength. It also ensures we can focus our draft picks and FA signings on actual areas of need (and their are plenty of them on this roster). If the Bears dump Marty, our Te position is absolutely weak. You would be ignorant to ignore Miller's consistent history of injuries. All probabilities point to a scenario with Miller as our starter resulting in Khari Lee as our starting TE for the majority of the season, which would be a disaster (or we spend money on a FA or use an early pick on a TE and in this day and age, early picks are going to TE's, so that is what it would take if we are looking at a probable TE who has a shot at being a dynamic player).

Fine. Don't use a pick (I certainly never suggested a 2nd rounder). Just sign some average backup TE with potential. That's not ignoring the position. Martellus Bennet has been proven expendable this year. What's more, he may have been culpable in some of Cutler's 50/50 INTs, because without him in there, there wasn't nearly the same number is miscommunications. In fact, I can't remember a single miscommunication between Cutler and Miller.