Scratch Derek Wolfe DE off the list

ASHKUM BEAR

Denver Broncos extend DE Derek Wolfe to a four year contract.

He was one of the defensive targets I hoped the Bears would get. Still a wild dream they can get Wilkerson DE or Berry S.

When Pace spoke after the season, he pretty well stated no big contracts but will go after more medium priced players. I think that rules out Wilkeson.

When Pace spoke after the season, he pretty well stated no big contracts but will go after more medium priced players. I think that rules out Wilkeson.

With the amount of cap space we have and could potentially have with some other moves, that is somewhat hard to believe. I wouldn't rule anything out at this point. I just don't want to overpay to just get a name. Also, I don't think Pace is the type to show his hand.

Just makes it more likely Trevathan hits the market. Broncos have a tough decision to make regarding Peyton especially after winning yesterday.

Yep, don't think they can sign everyone. One of Trevathan or Jackson are bound to hit the market, hopefully both. Reading comments over on a Broncos blog, and it sounds like Jackson pushed the pocket a ton. That coincides with PFF rating him as the better pass rusher of he and Wolfe.

Getting both Jackson and Trevathan would be huge. Only one probably hits the market, and I'm hoping its Trev.

Yep, don't think they can sign everyone. One of Trevathan or Jackson are bound to hit the market, hopefully both. Reading comments over on a Broncos blog, and it sounds like Jackson pushed the pocket a ton. That coincides with PFF rating him as the better pass rusher of he and Wolfe.

Getting both Jackson and Trevathan would be huge. Only one probably hits the market, and I'm hoping its Trev.

Manning has a $21.5 million cap hit for next year, so it seems like Denver's plans will come down to whether they keep Peyton on board or not. Otherwise, they will only have $13 million in cap space for next year which will likely prevent them from doing too much in the offseason.

What about (the other) Brandon Marshall? Wasn't he tagged last year? I know they could do it again if so but would he also not be a possibility? Or is he still one of those weirdly classified FAs?

Yeah, last year he was a exclusive rights free agent, this year he's a restricted free agent. Will be interesting what round draft pick they tag on him. If he's a 2R RFA I would jump on him. Of course Denver has the right to match but they may not have the money to do so.....I'm guessing they put a 1st round tender on him though. I wouldn't HATE to give up a first rounder for him, but I would probably pass, especially if Trevathon is on the market.

What about (the other) Brandon Marshall? Wasn't he tagged last year? I know they could do it again if so but would he also not be a possibility? Or is he still one of those weirdly classified FAs?

I believe they tagged Demaryius Thomas last year (then signed him) and Marshall will be a Restricted Free Agent this offseason.