Senior Bowl Meetings

DABEARSDABOMB

Bears interested in Garnett (Below is the tweet and a link to his bio). Big, physical guard. I'm always down with more olinemen :)

Jon Ledyard (@LeyardNFLDraft): Bears really interested in Joshua Garnett here. One scout just nabbed his phone number, said they'd be in touch.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&a...5d5RMwH_VSF7Ipw

In addition, Bears met with Louisville DT Sheldon Rankins, Oklahoma's OLB Eric Striker, Baylor OL Spencer Drango, and UGA LB Jake Ganus.

RosterWatch ‏@RosterWatch 3h3 hours ago

#Bears are meeting with @UofLFootball DL Sheldon Rankins and holy cow does he look like a beast in person.

#Bears scouts going IN-DEPTH w/ #Sooners OLB Eric Striker - having him diagram defenses and stuff beyond the normal scope of these meetings.

RosterWatch ‏@RosterWatch 55m55 minutes ago

#Bears and #Panthers met with #Baylor OL Spencer Drango last night.

RosterWatch ‏@RosterWatch 2h2 hours ago

#Bears going off for meeting with #UGA LB Jake Ganus.

In addition, Bears met with Louisville DT Sheldon Rankins, Oklahoma's OLB Eric Striker, Baylor OL Spencer Drango, and UGA LB Jake Ganus.

#Bears are meeting with @UofLFootball DL Sheldon Rankins and holy cow does he look like a beast in person.

#Bears scouts going IN-DEPTH w/ #Sooners OLB Eric Striker - having him diagram defenses and stuff beyond the normal scope of these meetings.

RosterWatch ‏@RosterWatch 55m55 minutes ago

#Bears and #Panthers met with #Baylor OL Spencer Drango last night.

RosterWatch ‏@RosterWatch 2h2 hours ago

#Bears going off for meeting with #UGA LB Jake Ganus.

Oh, wow, I DO NOT want Striker. Aside from being a douche, he's tiny. 6'0" - 221lbs. That will not work as a 3-4 OLB for the Bears, and I'd rather have an actual ILB than give this guy a try-out.

Rankins looks incredible. I would prefer a guy with more length but man, haven't watched game tape yet, his senior bowl performance reminds me a lot of Aaron Donald. Played in some odd man fronts from what I read so there's that.

Been reading some tweets from scouts I follow who think he is a top 20 player. We will see, I would still prefer Buckner or Nkimdiche if Jack, Stanly, or Ramsey are taken.

Rankins looks incredible. I would prefer a guy with more length but man, haven't watched game tape yet, his senior bowl performance reminds me a lot of Aaron Donald. Played in some odd man fronts from what I read so there's that.

I like Vernon Butler as a 2nd Rd DT. Size and length that we need at DE, plus he's very strong and quick. He needs to work on his technique but the tool box is there to mold him into a very good player. Fangio did good things with Goldman, another player who relied on his strength in college, and coached him into a decent pass rusher late in the season. Sign Jets DT Damon Harrison in FA and you're looking at a very stout defensive front with enough power/quickness to push the pocket.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-dra...heads-for-north

Ragland isn't my favorite pick at #11 but we could do far worse than grabbing him in Rd 1 and Butler in Rd2. There will be a lot more toughness up the middle.

I like Vernon Butler as a 2nd Rd DT. Size and length that we need at DE, plus he's very strong and quick. He needs to work on his technique but the tool box is there to mold him into a very good player. Fangio did good things with Goldman, another player who relied on his strength in college, and coached him into a decent pass rusher late in the season. Sign Jets DT Damon Harrison in FA and you're looking at a very stout defensive front with enough power/quickness to push the pocket.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-dra...heads-for-north

Ragland isn't my favorite pick at #11 but we could do far worse than grabbing him in Rd 1 and Butler in Rd2. There will be a lot more toughness up the middle.

Yeah, Butler was another guy who showed up big, and is the more realistic of the 2(He and Rankins) to fall into round 2.

This is as good a place as any to put this information.

Apparently the Bears met with the following players at the East-West game.

Chris Brown, WR, Notre Dame (EW)

Devon Cajuste, WR, Stanford (EW)

Rashawn Scott, WR, Miami (EW)

Fahn Cooper, OT, Ole Miss (EW)

Tyrone Holmes, DE, Montana (EW)

Elijah Shumate, S, Notre Dame (EW)

Most of these guys seem like later round or UDFA options. Cajuste might go earlier because of his size (6'4" - 228), and the fact that no WR was going to shine in the Stanford offense with McAffery turning into Superman this year.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/bears/story/16367...or-bowl-players

Others to add to the list:

DE Jihad Ward

DE Quinton Jefferson

ILB Antonio Morrison

FB Dan Vitale (I like the idea of adding him to our backfield as a 6th Rd pick)

ILB Reggie Ragland

As a Northwestern fan I love the idea of adding my boy Vitale. He would add a lot to the offense not only as a blocker, but he's also got great hands, can be a goal line threat, and he knows how to find the soft spot. He played the "Super back" role for the Wildcats.