In Search of KR/PR

AZ54

When we get to day 3 of the draft one of the positions we need to fill is KR and especially PR. I'd have no problem if we took chance with Braxton Miller. He's dynamic with the ball in his hands and he can contribute on special teams early in his career while he learns how to be a WR.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000062...n-put-on-a-show

Bucky Brooks

» Ohio State WR/PR Braxton Miller is the most natural punt returner that I've seen in years. He catches the ball effortlessly with his hands and looks like a veteran judging the ball in the air. With Miller also displaying improved route-running skills and impressive ball skills, he could make an immediate impact as a multipurpose playmaker.

When we get to day 3 of the draft one of the positions we need to fill is KR and especially PR. I'd have no problem if we took chance with Braxton Miller. He's dynamic with the ball in his hands and he can contribute on special teams early in his career while he learns how to be a WR.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000062...n-put-on-a-show

Bucky Brooks

» Ohio State WR/PR Braxton Miller is the most natural punt returner that I've seen in years. He catches the ball effortlessly with his hands and looks like a veteran judging the ball in the air. With Miller also displaying improved route-running skills and impressive ball skills, he could make an immediate impact as a multipurpose playmaker.

No thanks. His price tag is too high. He's being slotted as a 3-4 round guy, and that's purely on potential and athleticism. He doesn't have the history as a receiver to warrant that high of a pick..

No thanks. His price tag is too high. He's being slotted as a 3-4 round guy, and that's purely on potential and athleticism. He doesn't have the history as a receiver to warrant that high of a pick..

If the Bears get a couple decent FA's and can look at the draft BPA, I wouldn't mind BM with the 4th. The guy is a freak. 6-2 215 size, 4.32 40 (unofficial). This guy is a game changer. Hester didn't really have a position, was drafted rather early, and may end up in the HOF.

At least with BM, I think he has a great head on his shoulders, has great leadership skills, and can become a good to great WR with more development. If Jeffery is unable to sign long term and we franchise him, having more talent at WR will help make the departure easier

I've been trying to identify other KR/PR guys in the draft. I would prefer it be a WR, since we could use a speed option in the WR corps as well. Two guys I've identified are Pharoh Cooper from South Carolina and Hunter Sharp from Utah State. Would be interested in any others anyone has been able to find.

I've been trying to identify other KR/PR guys in the draft. I would prefer it be a WR, since we could use a speed option in the WR corps as well. Two guys I've identified are Pharoh Cooper from South Carolina and Hunter Sharp from Utah State. Would be interested in any others anyone has been able to find.

Same reason I was on Ryan Switzer from UNC. He would have been available mid/late, but I didn't realize he already said he's returning for his senior year. He'd be a great addition because he's shifty like a possession guy, runs a 4.33 like a speed guy, and has great return vision.

Am I the only one who liked Deonte Thompson?

No, you aren't, but the problem is he's only a KR and apparently can't catch punts very well (or he'd have been out there doing it). Why keep a roster spot for a WR/KR when you also have to find someone to return punts? PR is more important since there are more chances to return those than kicks.