2. Shawn Oakman, DE, Baylor

3. Darian Thompson, S, Boise St

4. Tyler Johnstone, OT, Oregon

5. Kevin Hogan, QB, Stanford

6. Clay Debord, OT, Eastern Washington

6. Tajae Sharpe, WR, Massachusetts

6. Joe Schobert, ILB, Wisconsin

7. Jonathan Williams, RB, Arkansas

I just don't understand any mock draft that ignores the ILB position for the Bears, but the DE/DE start is intriguing.

My alternative according to their layout.

1. Deforest Buckner, DE, Oregon - BPA at a need position, and ILBs seem to have fallen in this draft

2. Landon Turner, OG, UNC - He's a beast. (Jaylon Smith falls to round 2?!)

3. Scooby Wright, ILB, Arizona - See round 1 comments. Also, I love me some Scooby.

4. Tyler Johnstone, OT, Oregon - Yes, two OLinemen. If Long is the OT, might as well make him LT. Johnstone is now RT.

5. Kevin Hogan, QB, Stanford - Someone to mentor. He's got skills.

6. Roberto Aguayo, K, FSU - If he falls this far, this is a great pick for touchbacks alone.

6. Derek Watt, FB, Wisconsin - I think a FB compliments our scheme well.

7. Nick Kwiatkowski, ILB, West Virginia - Flying way under the radar. He's a tackling machine.

There mock:

1. A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama

I just don't understand any mock draft that ignores the ILB position for the Bears, but the DE/DE start is intriguing.

1. Deforest Buckner, DE, Oregon - BPA at a need position, and ILBs seem to have fallen in this draft

3. Scooby Wright, ILB, Arizona - See round 1 comments. Also, I love me some Scooby.

4. Tyler Johnstone, OT, Oregon - Yes, two OLinemen. If Long is the OT, might as well make him LT. Johnstone is now RT.

6. Roberto Aguayo, K, FSU - If he falls this far, this is a great pick for touchbacks alone.

7. Nick Kwiatkowski, ILB, West Virginia - Flying way under the radar. He's a tackling machine.

No more picks on kickers! Ha! I like two olinemen, we have an odd situation with our personal. The right side would be scary year one. Would prefer Johnstone sits a year and play: Leno Slausen Grasu Turner Long. Then after a year of rehab, let Johnstone compete at either tackle spot but Leno may have that position locked by then too.

I will take a look at draftsite later, but they are way off on some rankings.

There mock:

1. A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama

I don't see anyway Robinson goes before Buckner. Every time I watch video of his games I keep wondering what all the hype is about. I've gone back twice to re-watch and see if it's me who has the problem and I still don't see "it". Now I see his teammate Reed, who impressed me more in the championship game, moving up ahead of him. FWIW, I feel the same way about Oakman. For all the supposed athletic ability he has I don't see much dominance. With some players in these situations I might think it's a lack of technique but I don't get that feeling with these guys. That makes me prefer to go with the football player (not the athlete) who has consistent production on the field.

1) Buckner

2) Whitehair OG My preference is to sign Osemele in FA but we don't know these things so OG is a huge need and this guy stood up to everyone at the Senior Bowl.

3) Braxton Miller PR/KR/WR They have him in the 4th Rd but IMO, if he's sitting here in the 3rd Rd, the value now fits so we just take him and move on from Marquess Wilson and especially Mariani. Give him a couple seasons to learn how to be a WR and down the road he'll take over from Eddie Royal. Kevin White, Jeffrey, Miller, and Royal on the field at the same time is a tough cover for a defense.

4) Harlan Miller CB

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2611508...enior-bowl-week

Miller was a favorite of mine due to his film against small-school competition, but pre-Senior Bowl he ranked at No. 102 on my board. Seeing him against top-tier receivers all week—and comparing him to the other FBS cornerbacks also on the field—Miller looks like a Day 2 cornerback with top-75 potential.

5) Kevin Hogan QB He always gives me a couple... "where the hell was that pass going?" in each game but also, in the same game, there are the .... "that was a damn good pass." I don't know which one we'll get but there's enough there against a high level of competition to make it worth seeing if a good QB coach can figure it out.

6a) Roberto Aguayo K If he's there in the 6th Rd this is a no-brainer. Might be a no-brainer in the 5th if we had a better Nick Vigil ILB (he's not even on their board but he fits a need and his name will show up sooner or later, he's too good of an athlete. Probably came out a year early) I'm gambling here because I can't find hardly any highlights of him but what little I've seen shows a guy who is good in space and has a nose for the ball. And he plays some RB in the redzone. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players...9597/nick-vigil

6b) Nick Vigil ILB He's not even on the list but his name will show up sooner or later in the draft chatter. He's too athletic, probably came out a year early but we can take advantage of that. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players...9597/nick-vigil

6c) Nick Vannett TE (possible 3rd Rd talent still on the board? Pair him up with Miller and get ready to bid adieu to Marty in 2017) http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players...22/nick-vannett

7) Nick Kwiatkoski ILB Don't know much about him other than he's labeled as a tackling machine at a position of need. Nobody ever called our current LB's tackling machines (except Timu in college) so why not throw him in mix? At least he might be a tackling machine on special teams and we definitely need one there. Can he cover in the passing game? I see a couple highlights where he tracks down a RB from behind so there might be enough athleticism there to cover, at least as a backup ILB. In any case Vigil will be the primary cover ILB.

Brainfart. I thought it put it in.

http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2016/

Here we go:

1-Jaylon Smith ILB -trading with STL #15 and a 3rd for #11. Hope he plays 2016, top 5 talent

2-Jonathan Bullard DT-1st rd talent, strong base, stout at point of attack. Like Goldman a steal

3-Jerald Hawkens OT can play G or RT/LT. Plug him in right away next to Long

3-Scooby Wright LB-3rd Rd steal, with Smith coming soon LB will be cray. The trade allows Smith to heal

4-Braxton Miller WR KR/PR-take a shot at explosive playmaker. Polish him up like R Cobb

5-Lloyd Carrington CB-aggressive man CB, like DRandall taken by GB rd1, he will sneak up boards. Willing learner/basketball player. Biggest game was int against my Irish.

6-Dadi Nicholas OLB- he did go one pick ahead, make a handshake deal w NYG. As a stand up 3-4OLB he can get after QB

6-Jihad Ward DE - turned heads at SB and Pace scouted him in Champaign. Steal in 6. Grooms for DE opp of Bullard.

6-Connor McGovern G-strongest man in draft, moves well and good zone awareness. He can be Slausen's replacement

7-Elijah Shumate SS- special teamer and develop into possible starter. Injury knocked his stock out, was potential 3-4 rd

With this draft, my free agency target would be a high end Safety. It would be hard to pry Berry out of KC, but we have cap. I would even reach out to Forte, we have two young backs that look alright but a steady veteran in the mix would help. Definately have to convince Alshon Jeffery to stay and put off warm weather dreams a few more years. Play hard ball with Marty Bennett, we have his nuts in our palm and he can have them back after the season. Zach Miller is another piece to re-sign, he can be the bridge until we draft a replacement a year or two later. If we have much cap left for another big name, Malik Jackson would help mentor the young front core. At CB, invite Porter back on a 2 year deal also.

If this draft hits like last years, this team will have a stock of youth ready to compete. The 2017 draft, this team will be ready to draft a QB of the future, high end OLB, CB, and TE with high picks. Another S and RB with later ones. I think this is the draft we can transition into greatness.

Here we go:

1-Jaylon Smith ILB -trading with STL #15 and a 3rd for #11. Hope he plays 2016, top 5 talent

2-Jonathan Bullard DT-1st rd talent, strong base, stout at point of attack. Like Goldman a steal

3-Jerald Hawkens OT can play G or RT/LT. Plug him in right away next to Long

3-Scooby Wright LB-3rd Rd steal, with Smith coming soon LB will be cray. The trade allows Smith to heal

4-Braxton Miller WR KR/PR-take a shot at explosive playmaker. Polish him up like R Cobb

5-Lloyd Carrington CB-aggressive man CB, like DRandall taken by GB rd1, he will sneak up boards. Willing learner/basketball player. Biggest game was int against my Irish.

6-Dadi Nicholas OLB- he did go one pick ahead, make a handshake deal w NYG. As a stand up 3-4OLB he can get after QB

6-Jihad Ward DE - turned heads at SB and Pace scouted him in Champaign. Steal in 6. Grooms for DE opp of Bullard.

6-Connor McGovern G-strongest man in draft, moves well and good zone awareness. He can be Slausen's replacement

7-Elijah Shumate SS- special teamer and develop into possible starter. Injury knocked his stock out, was potential 3-4 rd

With this draft, my free agency target would be a high end Safety. It would be hard to pry Berry out of KC, but we have cap. I would even reach out to Forte, we have two young backs that look alright but a steady veteran in the mix would help. Definately have to convince Alshon Jeffery to stay and put off warm weather dreams a few more years. Play hard ball with Marty Bennett, we have his nuts in our palm and he can have them back after the season. Zach Miller is another piece to re-sign, he can be the bridge until we draft a replacement a year or two later. If we have much cap left for another big name, Malik Jackson would help mentor the young front core. At CB, invite Porter back on a 2 year deal also.

If this draft hits like last years, this team will have a stock of youth ready to compete. The 2017 draft, this team will be ready to draft a QB of the future, high end OLB, CB, and TE with high picks. Another S and RB with later ones. I think this is the draft we can transition into greatness.

I like the idea you have going with the trade. Teams will want to jump to get their QB. I can see Philly and the Rams looking at QB. I have my eyes on a different team, however, and that's the NY Jets. Fitzpatrick had a career year, but he's A. Unreliable, B. Old, C. A fluke, and D. An UFA.

Bears 1 11 1250

Jets 1 20 850

2 51 390

Two seconds would be a pretty big bounty.

I like the idea you have going with the trade. Teams will want to jump to get their QB. I can see Philly and the Rams looking at QB. I have my eyes on a different team, however, and that's the NY Jets. Fitzpatrick had a career year, but he's A. Unreliable, B. Old, C. A fluke, and D. An UFA.

Bears 1 11 1250

Jets 1 20 850

2 51 390

Two seconds would be a pretty big bounty.

How about Houston? They were a great defensive team with no QB. They are at 22, which may be too far for us, but looking at the Draft Value chart, we could get a pretty good haul for moving down from 11 to 22:

Bears 11 (1250) = Texans 22 (780), 52 (380), 120 (54), 159 (27.8)~1241.8

That would be the Bears 1st, for the Texans 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th rounders.

How about Houston? They were a great defensive team with no QB. They are at 22, which may be too far for us, but looking at the Draft Value chart, we could get a pretty good haul for moving down from 11 to 22:

Bears 11 (1250) = Texans 22 (780), 52 (380), 120 (54), 159 (27.8)~1241.8

That would be the Bears 1st, for the Texans 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th rounders.

That would be incredible, especially if someone like Jaylon Smith falls to #22. Pick him up late then package a slew of the late rounders into another 2nd or 3rd. Get multiple impact players in one draft.

That would be incredible, especially if someone like Jaylon Smith falls to #22. Pick him up late then package a slew of the late rounders into another 2nd or 3rd. Get multiple impact players in one draft.

Read the DLman that outperformed most/all at seniorbowl was Adolfus Washington. This was from a reliable scout also. If we could get Jack, Stanley, or Jaylon Smith rd1, Washington may be a good option rd2. Even better if we trade down and gain an extra 2nd or 3rd.

Read the DLman that outperformed most/all at seniorbowl was Adolfus Washington. This was from a reliable scout also. If we could get Jack, Stanley, or Jaylon Smith rd1, Washington may be a good option rd2. Even better if we trade down and gain an extra 2nd or 3rd.

Yeah, Washington is another kid I really like. If we went ILB in the 1st, I would love Washington in the 2nd.

He does kinda have a "red flag" which might push him off the Bears board though. I'm hoping not, the kid has owned up to his mistake.