Go Panthers!

CrackerDog

I think Wade Phillips and more talent than previous years got them there.

They were a lot more healthy this time. They were missing Miller, Wolfe and Harris along with Manning who was about 60% if that. I think Seattle was the better team that year regardless, but it may have been more of a game.

Agreed

Fox had an insane offense that got pimp smacked by the Sea D. Elway turns around and signs Ward, Talib and Ware and gets Miller and Wolfe back from injury(they didnt play in the last SB).

Denver saw how Seattle won the SB and went all in on Defense. The offense is no where near as good as two years ago, Manning lost a step and they lost some talent on offense.

I wonder how much input Fox had on building that roster. Lets hope Pace and Fox can build this roster up!

Bingo. Wade Phillips was able to make the defense just that much better. And this is the second year Von Miller and Demarcus Ware were together, so they had a little bit better connection. Add in small/big improvements from multiple other players on defense, and you have a SB champ.

Denver saw how Seattle won the SB and went all in on Defense. The offense is no where near as good as two years ago, Manning lost a step and they lost some talent on offense.

I wonder how much input Fox had on building that roster. Lets hope Pace and Fox can build this roster up!

First item: That's why I keep leaning toward the idea of this draft just being a defensive gift to Vic Fangio. Draft D the first 3-4 rounds. Load up.

Second item: Let's hope it was a bunch, because the Denver D has some really good talent.

The real Cam Newton showed up to recover his fumble late in the game. It's all fun and smiles when he's winning and can show up his opponents, but when things don't go his way not so much. If Jay Cutler had his stat line in the Superbowl, including the record 10 over-thrown passes, he'd be getting blasted from all directions, including the media.

The real Cam Newton showed up to recover his fumble late in the game. It's all fun and smiles when he's winning and can show up his opponents, but when things don't go his way not so much. If Jay Cutler had his stat line in the Superbowl, including the record 10 over-thrown passes, he'd be getting blasted from all directions, including the media.

"If..." only indeed.

Fact he has been there (not to the SB-but lost due to poor play) and acted very similarly. And been "blasted" because of it. And rightly so. But as did Jay, so too will Cam eventually learn to cope with the losses better than he has the wins. Jay has come a long way in how he deals with the press and addressing the tough to answer questions. And instead of pouting about he's accepted that he oft times is the face of the team and must act accordingly.

Difference is how many opportunities will either have in addressing the super bowl media?

"If..." only indeed.

Fact he has been there (not to the SB-but lost due to poor play) and acted very similarly. And been "blasted" because of it. And rightly so. But as did Jay, so too will Cam eventually learn to cope with the losses better than he has the wins. Jay has come a long way in how he deals with the press and addressing the tough to answer questions. And instead of pouting about he's accepted that he oft times is the face of the team and must act accordingly.

Difference is how many opportunities will either have in addressing the super bowl media?

Jay has never been the big showboat Cam is. Jay didnt deal with the media scrutiny very well. Im sure Cam will get better at it as Jay has.

Cam should have more chances due to being on a solid team and younger. You put Cam on the Bears and he would get to the same amount of SB's as Jay.

Only way Jay gets to a SB is if Pace and Fox load this team up with talent on the defensive side and fix the Oline.

We can debate for the next 100 years about Cutler, the fact remains the same with Jay or with some other QB the Bears need to fix their D and oline to ever sniff the SB.

"If..." only indeed.

I absolutely agree, Cam will learn from this and he will be back. But he'll respect what it takes to win more, and his opponents more, the next time he gets there.

Reality is that Cam is there largely because he had a top 5 defense leading the way. Lost in their defeat was a phenomenal effort by the Panther's defense. On the flip side, Cam is very good when he has 3+ seconds to throw. Not so good when he doesn't, which is like most QBs in the NFL. Rare is the QB who can consistently get rid of the ball in 2 sec or less and still generate offense. The Broncos made Brady look similarly "lost" in what to do just two weeks earlier.

I have no doubt if we put a top 5 defense on the field Cutler can get us to the Superbowl.