2016 Everyone Agrees Mock

jason

Last year I tried a mock where everyone agreed. Likes/Dislikes were laid out until we got something everyone could accept. It may not have been everyone's ideal draft, but it was something we'd all be happy with. I'd like to try that again.

The Rules:

-Please don't post your own mock. I've gone through a bunch of mocks on this board already, ones posted by multiple members, and looked at what was said. Major themes. Adamant comments. So this has comments, likes, dislikes, and other info from other posts.

-I'll post the mock based on the aforementioned comments.

-Comment on what you like or dislike from the mock, and I'll update your restrictions as well as the draft.

Hopefully we can come to an agreement.

scs - YES:[iLB RD1, Adolphus Washington RD2, Conklin RD1, Scooby RD3 at best], NO:[Nkemdiche RD1]

Stinger - NO:[Nkemdiche RD1]

Ashkum - YES:[OL focus, ILB RD1, Adolphus Washington RD2]

Alaska - YES:[QB, Hogan]

AZ54 - YES:[OL huge need, Jarran Reed, Hogan late, ILB in 1st 4 rds], NO:[A'Shawn Robinson RD1, Oakman, Conklin RD1, no DL double up RD1/2]

Adam - YES:[RD1-RD4 ILB, DB, OL, DL any order], NO:[RB early]

Mongo - YES:[Nkemdiche RD1]

dawhizz - YES:[iLB RD1 (Ragland, Smith)]

lemon - YES:[Ragland RD1, Prescott mid-RD]

MOCK DRAFT VER 1.0

1. Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama

2. Adolphus Washington, DE, OSU

3. John Theus, OT, UGA

4. Maurice Canady, CB, Virginia

5. Dak Prescott, QB, Miss. St.

6. Halapoulivaati Vaitai, OG, TCU

6. Rashard Robinson, CB, LSU

6. Roberto Aguayo, K, FSU

7. Nick Kwiatkoski, ILB, WVU

OK. That's the draft. What are your comments? Which players do you dislike? Which positions are overvalued/undervalued/missed?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also currently like Smith and Jack more than Ragland, but I wouldn't hate the pick. If I were to pick nits, I would probably swap out Robinson in the 6th (a guy who got kicked off his team) with a safety or pass rushing LB. Also, Theus seems like a bit of an overdraft based on what I've read, but otherwise I'm fine with it.

I also currently like Smith and Jack more than Ragland, but I wouldn't hate the pick. If I were to pick nits, I would probably swap out Robinson in the 6th (a guy who got kicked off his team) with a safety or pass rushing LB. Also, Theus seems like a bit of an overdraft based on what I've read, but otherwise I'm fine with it.

I would like Ragland if Jack and Smith are gone. He is going to be a long time starter with leadership qualities. Not as studly as the first two LBs but no complaints. I think we address Safety before we grab a CB but then that would depend on the board plays out. Otherwise a good job.

When we say 'yes' are we saying we like the mock or confirming the 1st pick?

Good question.

If you have no things you dislike about the mock, or I should say no major objections, then you're confirming the entire draft. Otherwise you should have a position you feel has been neglected, or a problem with a specific player in the mock.

scs - YES:[iLB RD1, Adolphus Washington RD2, Conklin RD1, Scooby RD3 at best], NO:[Nkemdiche RD1]

AZ54 - YES:[OL huge need, Jarran Reed, Hogan late, ILB in 1st 4 rds], NO:[A'Shawn Robinson RD1, Oakman, Conklin RD1, no DL double up RD1/2]

Mongo - YES:[Nkemdiche RD1], NO:[Ragland RD1]

dawhizz - YES:[iLB RD1 (Smith > Ragland)]

DBDB - NO:[Ragland RD1]

MOCK DRAFT VER 2.0

1. Jaylon Smith, ILB, ND

3. John Theus, OT, UGA

Adjustment made. Ragland out, Smith in. Also, this goes on the presumption that Jack is gone already.

MOCK DRAFT VER 2.0

1. Jaylon Smith, ILB, ND

3. John Theus, OT, UGA

Adjustment made. Ragland out, Smith in. Also, this goes on the presumption that Jack is gone already.

I can't see Pace picking a player (after White's injury/surgery) who just tore his ACL and LCL and has not seen football action since the injury. Smith was a better player pre-injury, but is now a huge question mark and is not something I see Pace doing.

- Side note - Great idea Jason.

I had no issues with the first draft, you hit all the major need areas in the first 4 picks, went for a QB with huge upside in the 5th, then went depth at OL and DB, with a Kicker upgrade in the 6th. All from big school programs too. I really can't complain. Without knowing our free agent signings, this would be about as good as we could ask for in a draft.

Adam - YES:[RD1-RD4 ILB, DB, OL, DL any order], NO:[RB early, injury prone RD1]

MOCK DRAFT VER 3.0

1. Ronnie Stanley, OT, ND

3. Scooby Wright, ILB, Arizona

Since Ragland is out, Jaylon Smith is out, and Myles Jack is probably already gone, the ILB in the first concept can't be satisfied. The Bears have to retool the draft a bit. Major objections?

1. Ronnie Stanley, OT, ND-nailed it

2. Adolphus Washington, DE, OSU-nailed it

3. Scooby Wright, ILB, Arizona-nailed it

4. Maurice Canady, CB, Virginia - any SS' s available here like Killebrew, Cash, or Joeseph? Think a SS could be a bigger impact. I do like Canady and think he fits Fangios mold, so would be ok with pick

5. Dak Prescott, QB, Miss. St.-ok with gamble. Could go CB here if SS in 4th

6. Halapoulivaati Vaitai, OG, TCU-having Fayo in the mix, I would like to see a OLB with one of the 6th's. Start Stanley at RT and give Leno a shot at LT w Long at RG. Otherwise RG does become big need since Leno can only play LT

6. Rashard Robinson, CB, LSU-not familiar with

6. Roberto Aguayo, K, FSU-interesting. Hope he doesn't look like O'Donnell

7. Nick Kwiatkoski, ILB, WVU- upside and Special teamer.

Since Ragland is out, Jaylon Smith is out, and Myles Jack is probably already gone, the ILB in the first concept can't be satisfied. The Bears have to retool the draft a bit. Major objections?

Getting better! I would like Smith if we knew he can be just as good as Kuechly or Willis, but would need a crystal ball. First 3 picks would be a dream start, ok with 4th. 5th, 6C, and 7 decent also. 6A and 6B, meh. Dont know anything on Robinson and Vaiti seems like another Fayo.

MOCK DRAFT VER 3.0

If they get Trev in FA, I guess I wouldn't hate this. I still would rather have 2 guys who are good in pass coverage at ILB, and I'm not sold on Scooby being that guy.

I also kinda think Long will indeed stay outside and think Leno deserves a shot at a starting job (meaning they grab some competition in the mid rounds).

scs - YES:[ILB RD1, Adolphus Washington RD2, Conklin RD1], NO:[Nkemdiche RD1, Scooby before RD4]

Ashkum - YES:[OL focus, ILB RD1, Adolphus Washington RD2, prioritize SS > CB, OLB w/RD6]

Alaska - YES:[QB Hogan, emphasize D 1st 5 picks], NO:[Prescott RD5]

dawhizz - YES:[ILB RD1 (Smith > Ragland)]

MOCK DRAFT VER 4.0

3. Miles Killebrew, SS, S. Utah

4. Tyler Matakevich, ILB, Temple

5. Kyle Murphy, OG, Stanford

6. Dak Prescott, QB, MSU

6. Silverberry Mouhon, OLB, Cincy

7. Roberto Aguayo, K, FSU

Scooby's pass coverage skills are questioned. Prescott is questioned for the 5th since he could go later. Developmental OLB in the later rounds. FWIW - I know Murphy played OT, but I think he'll be asked to move inside (so does Rob Rang). Also, I don't think Aguayo lasts until the 7th, but it's difficult to ascertain since there are multiple mocks that don't even list him. For argument's sake, he is there in the 7th for the Bears to snag. Finally, I really like the accolades, comparisons, and description of this kid Killebrew. He's described here as a "tightly bundled muscle hammer", and he'll probably move up quite a bit on the draft boards as the days approach.

Objections?

Last year I tried a mock where everyone agreed. Likes/Dislikes were laid out until we got something everyone could accept. It may not have been everyone's ideal draft, but it was something we'd all be happy with. I'd like to try that again.

The Rules:

-Please don't post your own mock. I've gone through a bunch of mocks on this board already, ones posted by multiple members, and looked at what was said. Major themes. Adamant comments. So this has comments, likes, dislikes, and other info from other posts.

-I'll post the mock based on the aforementioned comments.

-Comment on what you like or dislike from the mock, and I'll update your restrictions as well as the draft.

Hopefully we can come to an agreement.

Mongo - YES:[Nkemdiche RD1]

dawhizz - YES:[iLB RD1 (Ragland, Smith)]

MOCK DRAFT VER 1.0

1. Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama

3. John Theus, OT, UGA

OK. That's the draft. What are your comments? Which players do you dislike? Which positions are overvalued/undervalued/missed?

I'm late to the party so there's already Rev 2.0 and 3.0....and a 4.0!

Overall this is not bad.

1) Ragland. As you know, I'm not that high on Ragland at #11 because I think he will be limited in coverage in the NFL but he will bring a toughness to our defense we don't have right now. Assuming the medical reports are accurate I too prefer to take the risk on Jaylon Smith over Ragland.

2) I like Washington, very good athlete for his size and it seems like if he used his hands better he'd be more impactful.

3) Theus. I prefer to address OG early instead of OT, and after watching Ragland run right around Theus (among other players) I'm not that enamored, plus he's not that strong on run blocking. He looks the part but I think there's more development needed than I'd like to see from a 3rd Rd pick. Here I prefer (if I use CBSSports rankings) Joshua Garnett, or maybe Landon Turner.

4) Canady. I'd like this pick a lot. Good athlete, seems like he has very good size/speed and he's a good PR. He'll contribute early on special teams while he learns how to play CB at the next level.

5) Prescott. While I've been a critic of his in the past if he's here in the 5th Rd this is a good place to take him. To his credit he has improved throughout the last two seasons. As a backup with that work ethic he might end up a good player for us.

6a) Since I already have OG filled, and I'll assume the team likes Tayo as backup RT (seeing as they kept him around last year, and now I expect Long to backup LT) then I'll take Nick Vigil ILB.

6b) Not sure about a CB who was implicated in a theft from his own teammate. How about Jordan Lucas, SS/CB out of Penn State? It worked last year.

6c) Aguayo I'm on board with this.

7) Kwiatkoski. Another ILB, yes we need them. I figure this guy will at least be a good special teams player. Throw enough darts at it and something good will happen.

Do you remember who we mock drafted last year?

We were not able to come to an agreement last year. I blame myself because I didn't lay out guidelines for the idea, and it turned into a "submit your own mock" thread where it was impossible for everyone to track each other's likes, dislikes, and stipulations.

MOCK DRAFT VER 3.0

I love Stanley (and love Jack) so if Jack isn't on the board, I'm all over that first round pick. That said, I don't think we can wait until the 3rd round for a LB, so I think it becomes a priority pick in the 2nd round. Of course all of that could change based upon FA but LB is such a huge priority to me that the Bears need to figure out a way to address the position.

Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere yet besides comparisons to Bucannon, but what about Miles Killebrew at ILB? He has good size (seen 6-1 up to 6-3) and 225-235 weight. He is climbing fast as you stated and have read late 1st considerations. If he falls to RD2, can he transition to LB? Just a thought to ponder as ILB is one of the top 3 needs (ILB, DL, OL).

scs - YES:[ILB RD1, Adolphus Washington RD2, Conklin RD1], NO:[Nkemdiche RD1, Scooby before RD4]

Ashkum - YES:[OL focus, ILB RD1, Adolphus Washington RD2, prioritize SS > CB, OLB w/RD6]

Alaska - YES:[QB Hogan, emphasize D 1st 5 picks], NO:[Prescott RD5]

dawhizz - YES:[ILB RD1 (Smith > Ragland)]

DBDB - YES:RD2 ILB > DE,NO:[Ragland RD1]

MOCK DRAFT VER 5.0

2. Sua Cravens, ILB, USC

4. Bronson Kaufusi, DE, BYU

6. Dak Prescott, QB, MSU

DBDB's insistence on ILB prioritization threw me for a bit of a loop, and took Adolphus off the board in RD2. We all agree that ILB is a major need. With Cravens, there is a guy who has all the tools & athleticism necessary to be a dynamite ILB who can cover passing lanes. The Bears have recent success with S-to-ILB transitions. ;) Going in RD4, Bronson Kaufusi is considered by many as a 4-3 DE, but with his strength, athleticism, and freakish size he'd fit just fine as a 3-4 DE.

BTW - I'm starting to really, really like this draft. It's filled with a ton of explosive athletes.

Major objections?

So I actually had no issue with wright, I think I more struggled with the reality that he most likely wouldn't be there in the 3rd round (I feel he's gone by the end of the 2nd round). So maybe I didn't necessarily explain myself properly as to be frank, I wouldn't be dissapointed if the Bears nabbed him in the 2nd.

In terms of potential DE's, Yannick Ngakoue, OLB/DE, Maryland is a name I like.

MOCK DRAFT VER 5.0

2. Sua Cravens, ILB, USC

4. Bronson Kaufusi, DE, BYU

6. Dak Prescott, QB, MSU

BTW - I'm starting to really, really like this draft. It's filled with a ton of explosive athletes.

Major objections?

Other than the obvious at pick one, no id say no major objections. And other than spew my normal skill player vs Oline stuff I'll say that between the two first round picks they kept comparing last weekend, Newton and Miller, the defensive player outshone the offensive player. I'll even throw in that another former 1st rounder, Oher, looked pedestrian in comparison. The revision to my counter now would be not only is it more important to draft a skill player in early rounds but that player should be defensive as the adage "defense wins championships" seems to consistently ring true.