2016 Everyone Agrees Mock

jason

Guards are cheap. You suggest Allen at 5 to 6 mill, which is actually about a top 10 guard contract. Marshall Yanda, Osemele's teammate, and type best guard in the league has an average cap hit of about 7.5mil. I think on the open market Osemele gets about the same as Yanda.

What would be great about targeting a good starting G in FA is the draft can focus largely on D as you've mentioned. Taking a later pick on Johnstone would be my oline target because he needs a year or two to regain full NFL strength in his knees and he can be ready to replace Leno.

Rd1 target: a. Myles Jack b. Reggie Ragland c. Jaylon Smith - bring in one of the top 3 ILBs

Rd2 target: a. Darron Lee b. Su'a Cravens - double up at ILB. These two will add a tad more speed if the get Ragland/Smith

Rd3 target: a. Miles Killebrew SS b. Jayron Kearse SS c. Jeremy Cash SS - 3 safeties that play a hybrid LB/S role.

Rd4 target: a. Bronson Kaufusi DE b. Chris Jones DE c. Shaun Oakman DE - these 3 have great qualities to mold.

Rd5 target: a. Eric Murray CB b. Cyrus Jones CB c. Breane Brody- Calhoun CB find another Amos type

The bad part about drafting like this is they all become FA's the same time if they all pan out.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scs - YES:[ILB RD1, Adolphus Washington RD2, Conklin RD1, CB before RD6], NO:[Nkemdiche RD1, Scooby before RD4]

Ashkum - YES:[OL focus, late focus TE over K, ILB RD1, Adolphus Washington RD2, prioritize SS > CB, OLB w/RD6]

Alaska - YES:[QB Hogan, emphasize D 1st 5 picks], NO:[Prescott RD5]

AZ54 - YES:[OL huge need, Jarran Reed, Hogan late, ILB in 1st 4 rds], NO:[A'Shawn Robinson RD1, Oakman, Conklin RD1, no DL double up RD1/2]

Adam - YES:[RD1-RD5 must have ILB, DB, OL, DL any order], NO:[RB early, injury prone RD1]

Mongo - YES:[Nkemdiche RD1], NO:[Ragland RD1]

dawhizz - YES:[ILB RD1 (Smith > Ragland)]

lemon - YES:[Ragland RD1, Prescott mid-RD, late focus TE over K]

DBDB - YES:RD2 ILB > DE,NO:[Ragland RD1]

killakrzydav - YES:CB potential, Kicker late, Prescott late,NO:[Ragland RD1]

MOCK DRAFT VER 7.0

1. Ronnie Stanley, OT, ND

2. Sua Cravens, ILB, USC

3. Miles Killebrew, SS, S. Utah

4. Bronson Kaufusi, DE, BYU

5. KeiVarae Russell, CB, ND

6. Dak Prescott, QB, MSU

6. Halapoulivaati Vaitai, OG, TCU

6. Silverberry Mouhon, OLB, Cincy

7. Glenn Gronkowski, TE, KSU

After the impasse, Adam allowed a gentlemanly compromise which created a slight dilemma. How to emphasize D in the first 5 rounds (per Alaska), focus on the OL (per Ashkum & AZ), prioritize SS over CB (Ashkum), have a CB within the first 6 rounds (scs), and how to squeeze in ILB, DB, OL, DL within the first 5 rounds given the other requests/stipulations/team needs. Since the OL focus got a heavy dosage with the first round pick, I believe the above mock satisfied all requirements.

Unless I missed something, at this point there isn't much wiggle room about the positions being draft. If there is an objection, please state any objections to specific players.

BTW - I look at this draft and can't say I love it. Personally, I think the team would be better off by doubling up on both ILB and OL during some point in the draft. But if the picks played out like they do above, I'd be fairly happy with it.

scs - YES:[ILB RD1, Adolphus Washington RD2, Conklin RD1, CB before RD6], NO:[Nkemdiche RD1, Scooby before RD4]

Ashkum - YES:[OL focus, late focus TE over K, ILB RD1, Adolphus Washington RD2, prioritize SS > CB, OLB w/RD6]

AZ54 - YES:[OL huge need, Jarran Reed, Hogan late, ILB in 1st 4 rds], NO:[A'Shawn Robinson RD1, Oakman, Conklin RD1, no DL double up RD1/2]

Adam - YES:[RD1-RD5 must have ILB, DB, OL, DL any order], NO:[RB early, injury prone RD1]

MOCK DRAFT VER 6.0

2. Sua Cravens, ILB, USC

3. Miles Killebrew, SS, S. Utah

6. Dak Prescott, QB, MSU

After the impasse, Adam allowed a gentlemanly compromise which created a slight dilemma. How to emphasize D in the first 5 rounds (per Alaska), focus on the OL (per Ashkum & AZ), prioritize SS over CB (Ashkum), have a CB within the first 6 rounds (scs), and how to squeeze in ILB, DB, OL, DL within the first 5 rounds given the other requests/stipulations/team needs. Since the OL focus got a heavy dosage with the first round pick, I believe the above mock satisfied all requirements.

Unless I missed something, at this point there isn't much wiggle room about the positions being draft. If there is an objection, please state any objections to specific players.

BTW - I look at this draft and can't say I love it. Personally, I think the team would be better off by doubling up on both ILB and OL during some point in the draft. But if the picks played out like they do above, I'd be fairly happy with it.

Rds 2 and 3 kill me because I'm not a big fan of Cravens for ILB and even less of a fan of Killebrew who seemingly only wants the hard contact when it's easy (as in WR not looking his way). When it's mano-a-mano he becomes an arm tackler from the side instead of squaring up for the hit. Y'all know I prefer football players over guys with the measureables. In this case Cravens is the better football player.

Guards are cheap. You suggest Allen at 5 to 6 mill, which is actually about a top 10 guard contract. Marshall Yanda, Osemele's teammate, and type best guard in the league has an average cap hit of about 7.5mil. I think on the open market Osemele gets about the same as Yanda.

What would you like to bet? I think he makes more than the 7.5 you suggested. Also I may be reaching for Allen, maybe 5 mil a year would be the top of the pyramid. My point is Pace will make one player with larger money. I think it will be on defense. Hopefully Jackson or Trevethan. I think do add a FA to fill the RG position, maybe J. Evans, he was just released by NO.( he is older but good stock for a stop gap)

I personally think we are 7 players away from the playoffs. These positions are :

OT

OG

WR

K

DL

ILB

CB or corner

If we could get a guy like Norman, and ILB like one of those Denver guys, and either oline in fa ? could be set.

I think we are 2 defensive playmakers and some quality additions to the OL away from a possible playoff run.

We still need to add two ILBs,. one DE, one S and another pass rusher. (two of those have to be playmakers.)

If we can get one or two OLs our offense will be much improved.

Rds 2 and 3 kill me because I'm not a big fan of Cravens for ILB and even less of a fan of Killebrew who seemingly only wants the hard contact when it's easy (as in WR not looking his way). When it's mano-a-mano he becomes an arm tackler from the side instead of squaring up for the hit. Y'all know I prefer football players over guys with the measureables. In this case Cravens is the better football player.

ILB is the second Rd pick at this point, and I can't foresee another draftee being a better option. None who wouldn't be a reach at that point or who haven't already been eliminated (Scooby).

I'm also having issues with a good Rd3 SS, since that's pretty much locked in. Any suggestions on a comparable SS at that point?

ILB is the second Rd pick at this point, and I can't foresee another draftee being a better option. None who wouldn't be a reach at that point or who haven't already been eliminated (Scooby).

I'm also having issues with a good Rd3 SS, since that's pretty much locked in. Any suggestions on a comparable SS at that point?

Finding a S is not a necessity, but a way to improve. We have Rolle under contract, but finding a young replacement that can roam the field as an extra LB would be a bonus. Killebrew, Cash, Kearse, and Joseph are options, Joseph being on the smaller side, but also a violent hitter. I would love to trade down a few slots and go

1-ReggieRagland

2-Darron Lee

That combo would make the middle sick with two hard hitters.

Finding a S is not a necessity, but a way to improve. We have Rolle under contract, but finding a young replacement that can roam the field as an extra LB would be a bonus. Killebrew, Cash, Kearse, and Joseph are options, Joseph being on the smaller side, but also a violent hitter. I would love to trade down a few slots and go

1-ReggieRagland

2-Darron Lee

That combo would make the middle sick with two hard hitters.

You listed SS prioritized over CB as one of your qualifiers. Adam wanted a CB within 5 rounds. And killakrzydav also had CB as a position of need. I was just trying to fill in the slots based on the qualifiers.

You listed SS prioritized over CB as one of your qualifiers. Adam wanted a CB within 5 rounds. And killakrzydav also had CB as a position of need. I was just trying to fill in the slots based on the qualifiers.

I still think a good SS will make this team better. I also like 3-4 guys in that range more so than CB which I think can be found rds 5-6. I was only saying if we do not like any SS' s, then we still have Rolle.

Ashkum - YES:[OL focus, late focus TE over K, ILB RD1, Adolphus Washington RD2, prioritize SS > CB, OLB w/RD6],NO:[Killebrew as SS]

MOCK DRAFT VER 8.0

2. Sua Cravens, ILB, USC

3. Jayron Kearse, SS, Clemson

6. Dak Prescott, QB, MSU

Minor change, as AZ (not Ashkum) isn't a big fan of Killebrew. He's out, Jayron Kearse is in. For me it's po-tay-to, po-tah-to. I like Kearse as a freakish SS option.

Major objections?

MOCK DRAFT VER 8.0

2. Sua Cravens, ILB, USC

6. Dak Prescott, QB, MSU

Minor change, as Ashkum isn't a big fan of Killebrew. He's out, Jayron Kearse is in. For me it's po-tay-to, po-tah-to. I like Kearse as a freakish SS option.

Major objections?

I think AZ said he didn't like Killebrew, I am intrigued with him. I would be happy with Kearse, Cash, or Killebrew in the 3rd or 4th round.

As for your mock #8, I would be pleased with no objections.

Ashkum - YES:[OL focus, late focus TE over K, ILB RD1, Adolphus Washington RD2, prioritize SS > CB, OLB w/RD6],NO:[Killebrew as SS]

MOCK DRAFT VER 8.0

2. Sua Cravens, ILB, USC

6. Dak Prescott, QB, MSU

Minor change, as Ashkum isn't a big fan of Killebrew. He's out, Jayron Kearse is in. For me it's po-tay-to, po-tah-to. I like Kearse as a freakish SS option.

Major objections?

I like Kearse a lot more than Killebrew. Kearse has some nastiness to his game.

UH-OH! Are we at an agreement?

AZ, Ashkum, dawhizz, Mongo, stinger, DBDB, have voted in the affirmative. Include me and that's seven.

scs, Alaska, Adam, lemon, killakrzydav, TD, bradjock...and anyone else I left out (apologies) care to chime in with final comments or a vote?

UH-OH! Are we at an agreement?

AZ & Ashkum have voted in the affirmative. Include me and that's three.

scs, Alaska, Adam, Mongo, dawhizz, lemon, DBDB, killakrzydav, TD, bradjock...and anyone else I left out (apologies) care to chime in with final comments or a vote?

In! Great job Jason. That was fun to watch unfold....

Based on the replies, I think we can consider this a case closed. A draft we can all agree on.

I didn't think it would happen this easily, and I enjoyed the process. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I look forward to Stanley and Vaitai manning the OL and protecting Prescott for a decade, Cravens/Kearse/Kaufusi/Russell turning this D into a top 5 unit, saying Silverberry's name, and Glenn Gronkowski convincing his brothers to both come to Chicago.

Based on the replies, I think we can consider this a case closed. A draft we can all agree on. I didn't think it would happen this easily, and I enjoyed the process. Thanks for the feedback everyone. I look forward to Stanley and Vaitai manning the OL and protecting Prescott for a decade, Cravens/Kearse/Kaufusi/Russell turning this D into a top 5 unit, saying Silverberry's name, and Glenn Gronkowski convincing his brothers to both come to Chicago.

I just read that Denver is very high on Prescott and may spend a 2nd RD pick on him. I knew other GM's and Scouts read our boards and use our superfan scouting :blink:

I just read that Denver is very high on Prescott and may spend a 2nd RD pick on him. I knew other GM's and Scouts read our boards and use our superfan scouting :blink:

Yeah, I think he's a guy who really elevated his stock at the senior bowl. 2 might a reach, buy I think he definitely won't make it to the 6th.