2016 Everyone Agrees Mock

jason

The more I think about it, the more I hope they can trade down and pick up an extra 3rd and 4th.

At 15 I'm more ok with drafting Ragland, taking the risk on Jaylon Smith, or taking Sheldon Rankins who I'm debating about at 11 anyway.

6 picks in the first 4 rounds would be incredible.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I think about it, the more I hope they can trade down and pick up an extra 3rd and 4th.

At 15 I'm more ok with drafting Raglans, taking the risk on Jaylon Smith, or taking Sheldon Rankins who I'm debating about at 11 anyway.

I think we all want a trade down, but picking who to trade down with, what we get in return, etc., is just an impossible task. The less variables the better.

Hell, I've seen Jaylon Smith and Robert Nkemdiche available in the second for the Bears. If that happens then this draft is going to be wild.

I think we all want a trade down, but picking who to trade down with, what we get in return, etc., is just an impossible task. The less variables the better.

Hell, I've seen Jaylon Smith and Robert Nkemdiche available in the second for the Bears. If that happens then this draft is going to be wild.

I just wanted to bring that up without creating a new thread.....Should have picked a different one. Certainly not trying to create a new "Everyone agrees" with an added element.

With news out that Smith MIGHT be ready to play a lot earlier than expected, I think he gets picked in the top 20. I know many will bring up the whole White thing as rationale to not take him, but I don't think you should look at the past when thinking about the future.

I just wanted to bring that up without creating a new thread.....Should have picked a different one. Certainly not trying to create a new "Everyone agrees" with an added element.

With news out that Smith MIGHT be ready to play a lot earlier than expected, I think he gets picked in the top 20. I know many will bring up the whole White thing as rationale to not take him, but I don't think you should look at the past when thinking about the future.

I keep coming back to Smith as our pick at #11. Right now he's going to stay a late 1st Rd pick but as the draft gets closer and he gets healthier he'll move back up.

I keep coming back to Smith as our pick at #11. Right now he's going to stay a late 1st Rd pick but as the draft gets closer and he gets healthier he'll move back up.

Yeah, his stock seems to be back up. I read a scout say that he won't make it out of the top 18.

With the way players are coming back from injuries I would have no problem drafting him.

Hopefully while he can't do as much with his lower half, he's building some upper body strength. That's the only real knock I see on him.

Jack is still #1 on my list, and i would freak out if he's there. I think there's little to no chance at that though.

Adam, I agree. We'll have to set a timeline on it though. Maybe start it April 1st?

Yeah, we can make a sticky post and get it going on the first and attempt to end it before the draft. It would be interesting to see how accurate it ends up (at least from a positional perspective).

At 15 I'm more ok with drafting Ragland, taking the risk on Jaylon Smith, or taking Sheldon Rankins who I'm debating about at 11 anyway.

I keep looking hard at Jaylon Smith and hope they can get an offer from a team around 15, gain an extra 3rd, and select him. I think in the long run, he will be a bigger difference maker.

• 2 weeks later...

With the combine over, would anyone be interested in doing something similar to this again? I was thinking more as a way to create a "big board" or "ranking" for 2-3 rounds. We could get creative and put grades/points on players also.

The mock draft portion, we can do again after the heat of Free Agency cools down.

With the combine over, would anyone be interested in doing something similar to this again? I was thinking more as a way to create a "big board" or "ranking" for 2-3 rounds. We could get creative and put grades/points on players also.

The mock draft portion, we can do again after the heat of Free Agency cools down.

Funny you should ask. I was just thinking of doing the second iteration of this. But then I looked at the draft and it appears that the players we finally agreed upon aren't that changed.

As for the ranking idea, I don't see how we could do that. We would have to agree/disagree on way too many players. We've tried something like that in the past and never could come to a conclusion. It's partly the reason I came up with the "everyone agrees" idea of a mock.

Funny you should ask. I was just thinking of doing the second iteration of this. But then I looked at the draft and it appears that the players we finally agreed upon aren't that changed. As for the ranking idea, I don't see how we could do that. We would have to agree/disagree on way too many players. We've tried something like that in the past and never could come to a conclusion. It's partly the reason I came up with the "everyone agrees" idea of a mock.

It would be tough to do on a forum for sure. It would be a basic request for each member that wants to participate to submit only one list with 20 players in order you feel you would rank them as a GM, only doing Round 1. We can leave it open a week or two, each member can edit their list until we decide to close it.

It may be a waste of time, might be interesting. The top 5 seems locked down, but the slots 10-20 seems to have some variations on mocks. We can take our entries and add points to each slot and total up an average each prospect gets.