Malik Jackson

AZ54

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29553...t-malik-jackson

There is no way I want to pay this guy $10mil/yr for 5 years. 45 tackles combined and just 5 sacks considering the outstanding outside pressure he had forcing QBs to step up in the pocket. Especially not when the DT talent in this draft is so good throughout the first two rounds.

If that's the Bronco's offer then we'd have to go well above that to get him to sign since his preference is to stay in Denver. Elway knows keeping that defense together is the only way they'll get back. But still that's getting crazy IMO and he's probably got to pay Von Miller $17-20mil/yr.

He was the 3rd ranked 3-4 DE last year, but yeah, that kinda money, and with this draft class I would pass.

3rd ranked but that was achieved with elite talent around him. I can't recall seeing him make any type of plays where he looked like a dominant player among the several Broncos games I watched. Against Chicago his stat line was an impressive 0-0-0. His situational stats indicate a player who tires out easily, or gets taken out of the game. There's a big drop from 1st quarter performance to 2nd quarter. Then again 3rd quarter to an almost non-existant stat line in the 4th quarter. That's not what I'm looking for when you pay what I consider game-changer type of money.

http://www.nfl.com/player/malikjackson/253...ituationalstats

3rd ranked but that was achieved with elite talent around him. I can't recall seeing him make any type of plays where he looked like a dominant player among the several Broncos games I watched. Against Chicago his stat line was an impressive 0-0-0. His situational stats indicate a player who tires out easily, or gets taken out of the game. There's a big drop from 1st quarter performance to 2nd quarter. Then again 3rd quarter to an almost non-existant stat line in the 4th quarter. That's not what I'm looking for when you pay what I consider game-changer type of money.

Great breakdown

Look at his home/road splits. It definitely looks like he is out of shape. Half as many tackles and 0 sacks at home (elevation).

I'm fully sold on not wanting this guy. The fact that he buckles in the elevation in Denver, and the fact that his stats drastically fall off in the 2nd and 4th quarters, says that he is not nearly good enough for the money he'd require.

Then who do you want on defense? With 60 million in cap room, we are in a prime position to sign an elite defense player. We need a top tier guy who is in his prime. In terms of the d-line, he's probably the best available. Heck, if we gave him and Alshon both 15 million a year, we'd still have 30 million to spend.

I concede I don't know much about Jackson other than he's regarded as a top 10 available free agent. Also from a fans perspective, with interior defensive lineman, there's a lot more that goes into it than just stats. The good thing is, Fox knows him. I remember last year we were clamoring for Terrance Pot Roast Knighton. Fox didn't push to sign him and he went to Washington where he was bad.

I'm probably foolish for thinking this, but I think we can be a contender next year with the right free agent signings. Who do we get?

Then who do you want on defense? With 60 million in cap room, we are in a prime position to sign an elite defense player. We need a top tier guy who is in his prime. In terms of the d-line, he's probably the best available. Heck, if we gave him and Alshon both 15 million a year, we'd still have 30 million to spend.

I concede I don't know much about Jackson other than he's regarded as a top 10 available free agent. Also from a fans perspective, with interior defensive lineman, there's a lot more that goes into it than just stats. The good thing is, Fox knows him. I remember last year we were clamoring for Terrance Pot Roast Knighton. Fox didn't push to sign him and he went to Washington where he was bad.

I'm probably foolish for thinking this, but I think we can be a contender next year with the right free agent signings. Who do we get?

I don't believe in signing elite players. It almost always fails. If we can add 2 defensive starters via free agency and draft our future elite players, that's the way. If our young guys get better and we draft well, we can still contend.

I don't believe in signing elite players. It almost always fails. If we can add 2 defensive starters via free agency and draft our future elite players, that's the way. If our young guys get better and we draft well, we can still contend.

Jackson is not an elite player, a very good player that because of a good SB is going to get over paid. We dont need to do that. We can sign guys like Jaye Howard, Ian Williams, or Akiem Hicks for under 5 mil a year and have a decent starter going forward and then draft the elite players.

Jackson is not an elite player, a very good player that because of a good SB is going to get over paid. We dont need to do that. We can sign guys like Jaye Howard, Ian Williams, or Akiem Hicks for under 5 mil a year and have a decent starter going forward and then draft the elite players.

Just for clarity. I never said he was elite. Beyond that, you simply repeated my post. Glad to see we agree.

There are your targets in FA. I don't mind signing two of those preferably Howard and Williams. Then add an early draft pick to the mix. The rest of the group Ferguson, Sutton, Unrein/Jenkins (if we bring either back), and Cornelius Washington compete for a job.