Alshon, Marcellus and more.. m

ASHKUM BEAR

A lot of Chicago Bear stories hitting the press today and I haven't seen any discussion here on it.

* Bears are aggressively working on Alshon Jeffery's contract

Will they reach an agreement before March 1, or apply the tag?

* Pace and Fox foreshadowing the departure of Martellus Bennett?

The didn't say much about looking forward to him, but said he is under contract

* Zach Miller TE in the works for an extension?

Pace said they want Miller back, will they meet halfway on a friendly deal for both?

*Draft flexibility in Paces eyes

With 9 picks in hand, Pace said they have flexibility to move up or down the draft this year. Wonder what he's thinking.

Just a few I've seen, feel free to add or discuss.

A lot of Chicago Bear stories hitting the press today and I haven't seen any discussion here on it.

* Bears are aggressively working on Alshon Jeffery's contract

Will they reach an agreement before March 1, or apply the tag?

* Pace and Fox foreshadowing the departure of Martellus Bennett?

The didn't say much about looking forward to him, but said he is under contract

* Zach Miller TE in the works for an extension?

Pace said they want Miller back, will they meet halfway on a friendly deal for both?

*Draft flexibility in Paces eyes

With 9 picks in hand, Pace said they have flexibility to move up or down the draft this year. Wonder what he's thinking.

Just a few I've seen, feel free to add or discuss.

Unless the Bears offer top dollar, I don't see Alshon signing before free agency.

I think he isn't a fan of the front office after what happened with Marshall. I think he will want to test the waters, and I think there will be ppl offering a 1st round pick or more to sign him.

If teams are smart they would. The Bears wasted a very high pick on White last year and he wasn't the first WR taken. He is unproven. Jeffery is proven and young, so I could see teams trying to negotiate for him.

It will take a really good deal to get him signed before free agency. I think politically, Pace will say he is fighting hard to sign Jeffery to keep the fans on the Bears side.

Unless the Bears offer top dollar, I don't see Alshon signing before free agency.

I think he isn't a fan of the front office after what happened with Marshall. I think he will want to test the waters, and I think there will be ppl offering a 1st round pick or more to sign him.

If teams are smart they would. The Bears wasted a very high pick on White last year and he wasn't the first WR taken. He is unproven. Jeffery is proven and young, so I could see teams trying to negotiate for him.

It will take a really good deal to get him signed before free agency. I think politically, Pace will say he is fighting hard to sign Jeffery to keep the fans on the Bears side.

If they don't sign him, then they will tag him. No way he sniffs free agency.

I think the Bears do offer him top dollar with the cap space they have. If they dont reach a deal, the Bears have to put the franchise tag on him. Alshon has added pressure to get a long term deal with that company he signed on with (can't recall the name). I think that is why he sat many games to protect this investment.

I also saw something today about Pace saying he was still a Shea McClellin fan and seemed interested in resigning him. Sure hope that's not true. Time to move on.

I read that he would test free agency and could come back "at the right price" which hopefully means the price of a backup and he does just that, backup.

I sure wish they'd either dump SMC or do what makes the most sense: move him to OLB. Put him into the rotation at OLB in a 3-4, ya know, the place where he displayed the talents that got him drafted in the first round. That way he's not a square in a round hole at DE, which was an utter failure, or at ILB, where he wasn't good.

Clear the way for whoever else can play ILB semi-competently, because we all know SMC can't.

Hearing some Tashaun Gipson buzz out there as well. He was really good in 2014 but fell of quite a bit in 2015. Could be a great time to buy on him at a lower cost and let Donatell/Fangio work some magic to get him back to to his pre 2015 level.

Undrafted FA that put in the work and effort to become a probowler. Seems like a good type to have on your team. He would play FS, would Amos be able to play the SS?

I sure wish they'd either dump SMC or do what makes the most sense: move him to OLB. Put him into the rotation at OLB in a 3-4, ya know, the place where he displayed the talents that got him drafted in the first round. That way he's not a square in a round hole at DE, which was an utter failure, or at ILB, where he wasn't good.

Clear the way for whoever else can play ILB semi-competently, because we all know SMC can't.

That would be interesting to see also. Talk about a team screwing a guys career. Would like to seem him redeem himself and give Chicago something back for the huge waste he has been. The kid has been a good sport the whole time too.

That would be interesting to see also. Talk about a team screwing a guys career. Would like to seem him redeem himself and give Chicago something back for the huge waste he has been. The kid has been a good sport the whole time too.

Agreed 1000%. That, aside from what I mentioned, is why I'd like to see the move. He's been a good guy, has stayed in shape, hasn't bitched, and at the very least he's tried his hardest. Maybe he's good at only one position?

When it came to Miller and Shea, it was not that they are actively negotiating with them, but rather they'd sign them if they could get them at the right price. With Shea it sounded more positive, with Miller, there was even reference to him wanting to get his first payday / leveraging the opportunity. I think if they brought Shea in, it would be a depth move, maybe he starts, maybe he doesn't, but it wouldn't be for big bucks.