Bears rumors

Stinger226

I just have a feeling that the Bears will take Elliott. Elliott or Lawson are the two I can see being in a Bears uniform the most. I don't really have a guy in this draft. I hope the Bears stick with taking the best player available, whoever that is.

IF Elliot is there, there is no way they are passing them (outside of Bosa / Buckner being on the board).

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if he's heard something or not but in Lemmings latest mock draft he said he was convinced that Leno will be the starting LT next year.

I'm telling you, I have not heard one Chicago sports media say anything but we REALLY like Leno. Dude started 13 games. We are real happy with his progress. I think we know Tunsil and Stanley will be long gone by 11. It's going to be Elliott or a defensive player at #11.

Since Pace and Fox have been here everything has been under wraps so if they like one of the top OT prospects why would they bad mouth Leno? By bringing Massie in means they may have checked a few OT's in FA just like they made an offer to CJ Anderson. BTW if you do want to take an OT it would be better in the first round because of the 5th year option.

When it comes down to BPA with the first pick, no one should be safe. Whether they like a player of not, it should not change their minds from making the best pick. If Tunsil/Stanley falls, take them.

With all the rumors, it seems that Jack is dropping. The long term knee issue is the reason, if we only have a high level player for 5 to 6 years, should we take him? I say yes

Since Pace and Fox have been here everything has been under wraps so if they like one of the top OT prospects why would they bad mouth Leno? By bringing Massie in means they may have checked a few OT's in FA just like they made an offer to CJ Anderson. BTW if you do want to take an OT it would be better in the first round because of the 5th year option.

They don't ned to bad mouth Leno. The difference in this case is normally Pace and Fox talk for 5 minutes with a total non-answer. Yet they expressly went out of their way to compliment Charles Leno and state they like his future at LT. So either they are lying about liking him while hoping Tunsil or Stanley fall to us (Conklin is viewed as a RT which doesn't help us).

They don't ned to bad mouth Leno. The difference in this case is normally Pace and Fox talk for 5 minutes with a total non-answer. Yet they expressly went out of their way to compliment Charles Leno and state they like his future at LT. So either they are lying about liking him while hoping Tunsil or Stanley fall to us (Conklin is viewed as a RT which doesn't help us).

I'm really hoping it's a huge smoke-screen. Leno was not good enough last year to be a guy who gets specific, singled-out, rave reviews.

With all the rumors, it seems that Jack is dropping. The long term knee issue is the reason, if we only have a high level player for 5 to 6 years, should we take him? I say yes

I don't trust anything new I hear the week of the draft. Remember when Ryan Nassib was a lock to go top 15?

So if I posted that they have kept everything under wraps and you say they talk 5 minutes and have a non answer isn't that the same? Then you see them also saying they are trying to sign Alshon long term scrolling across the NFL Network screen as I post.

BTW I watched the games and saw Cutler hit repeatedly as a result of Leno and Long aka LL Cool Sack!

So if I posted that they have kept everything under wraps and you say they talk 5 minutes and have a non answer isn't that the same? Then you see them also saying they are trying to sign Alshon long term scrolling across the NFL Network screen as I post.

BTW I watched the games and saw Cutler hit repeatedly as a result of Leno and Long aka LL Cool Sack!

The more I read the more I think we dont draft a LT with our first pick. Pace keeps mentioning play makers on D and I see one being there and us grabbing one, sitting on Leno improving in year 2. I heard Thayer last night talk about Leno and he thinks he can be a serviceable LT in the league. He likes him a lot and his cudos sounded favorable.

Supposedly the Chargers will be taking Stanley 3rd overall. Kinda crazy considering the last few weeks I've heard some guys say Conklin is rated higher.

I had the Ravens picking between Buckner and Stanley, I think if they pick between Buckner and Tunsil they go Tunsil. I wouldn't be shocked to see Buckner fall to the Bears now.

The more I read the more I think we dont draft a LT with our first pick. Pace keeps mentioning play makers on D and I see one being there and us grabbing one, sitting on Leno improving in year 2. I heard Thayer last night talk about Leno and he thinks he can be a serviceable LT in the league. He likes him a lot and his cudos sounded favorable.

The last few days whenever I hear people speculate who will be picked by the Bears I can't help but think "defense wins championships". If you consider that for all intents and purposes Fox built the Denver team that won the SB last year and made an appearance two years before that, we'll more than likely see a defensive player in the first round. At this point I really think its going to be an edge rusher. If not defense and he's available, it'll be Elliott.

Edit: And one personal aside, I REALLY wish the Bears could justify getting Ragland. At the moment a mock or two have him going to GB. A few years ago I wished the Bears had gotten another former Crimson Tider in Clinton-Dix (vice Fuller) but he ended up with the FudgePackers. I cringe at the thought of our team having to square off against a player of Ragland's potential.

To play the DE in the base 3/4 and the DT in the Nickel?

Essentially. I think there was an indication that in sub-packages the Bears are in more of a 4-3, so Rankins and Goldman would be inside with Hicks and a pass-rushing LB on the ends.

Essentially. I think there was an indication that in sub-packages the Bears are in more of a 4-3, so Rankins and Goldman would be inside with Hicks and a pass-rushing LB on the ends.

I hope Bruckner or Hargraves drop to us. Would rather the first round pick be able to play in 100% of the packages vs 60%.

I hope Bruckner or Hargraves drop to us. Would rather the first round pick be able to play in 100% of the packages vs 60%.

I think the thought is Rankins would be the end when the Bears are in the 3-4 and a DT in the subpackage with a pass-rushing LB on the line at the end, so he would still be playing in all packages.

I think the thought is Rankins would be the end when the Bears are in the 3-4 and a DT in the subpackage with a pass-rushing LB on the line at the end, so he would still be playing in all packages.

Maybe the DE in the 3/4 would work but it goes against what Pace likes in that spot. 6'1 299 makes him a perfect fit for the DT in the 4-3.

I have read he plays inside like a 3T in the nickel package. Goldman, Rankins, Akeim and McPhee or Houston moving up to the line in a rush package.

Gabriel and Lemming have both indicated Rankins is the Bears guy.

I hope that is all smoke screen with a goal of trading back. Every time I watch Rankins I see a guy who too often gets stopped cold on his pass rush. He also doesn't hustle as well as Jarran Reed on plays away from him. Maybe the coaches see something obvious with his technique that can really improve his effectiveness.

The last few days whenever I hear people speculate who will be picked by the Bears I can't help but think "defense wins championships". If you consider that for all intents and purposes Fox built the Denver team that won the SB last year and made an appearance two years before that, we'll more than likely see a defensive player in the first round. At this point I really think its going to be an edge rusher. If not defense and he's available, it'll be Elliott.

Edit: And one personal aside, I REALLY wish the Bears could justify getting Ragland. At the moment a mock or two have him going to GB. A few years ago I wished the Bears had gotten another former Crimson Tider in Clinton-Dix (vice Fuller) but he ended up with the FudgePackers. I cringe at the thought of our team having to square off against a player of Ragland's potential.

NFL Network is reporting that Ragland has an enlarged aorta and will need medical monitoring every year but that it should not affect his career. This has caused some teams to move him down their draft board.