team speed

Wesson44

I like a few of those names. Jaye Howard DL, I think he will sign much friendlier than Malik Jackson. Danny Trevathan, he's the speed guy. His size/speed fits the Myles Jack or Su'a Cravens type. Tashaun Gibson, great story on the FS. Worked his way into being the best. As for Irving, I am not sold at adding more dollars to OLB. Add those three on D and get Osemele on the oline and we have a good rebuild core.

I like a few of those names. Jaye Howard DL, I think he will sign much friendlier than Malik Jackson. Danny Trevathan, he's the speed guy. His size/speed fits the Myles Jack or Su'a Cravens type. Tashaun Gibson, great story on the FS. Worked his way into being the best. As for Irving, I am not sold at adding more dollars to OLB. Add those three on D and get Osemele on the oline and we have a good rebuild core.

Those are good names, get Howard, Trevathan, and Gibson and then draft a OLB and we got something going on. Jack, or I would be good with Spence if we grab those three.

Those are good names, get Howard, Trevathan, and Gibson and then draft a OLB and we got something going on. Jack, or I would be good with Spence if we grab those three.

Spence is making a name, but I like Dadi Nicholas a litte later. That depends who's there at #11. Spence may be bpa. With money in FA, the Bears can make the jump this year. I don't think Bear fans are ready for this yet.

Spence is making a name, but I like Dadi Nicholas a litte later. That depends who's there at #11. Spence may be bpa. With money in FA, the Bears can make the jump this year. I don't think Bear fans are ready for this yet.

Spence lost some luster today. He did not impress. All that talk about bumping him into the top ten probably got hushed a bit. I'm guessing he's late first now.

Spence didn't impress me today. What he did at the combine matched what I saw on his tape, he's just not that explosive off the line.

That is why I suggest Nicholas. OLB is not what this teams needs to invest in, late round pick with potentiàl, yes.

Had to get out the search party to find much about him. He looked good against Ohio State on some plays but I'm at a loss as to why his coaches had him playing DE in 3-4 alignment. Must have been a case of getting their best players on the field. He's not built to battle inside against OG/OTs but all things considered (like his 235lbs) he held up well. When he gets lined up outside and can use his speed he's tougher to block. Seems like a good prospect for day 3 in the draft.

Spence didn't impress me today. What he did at the combine matched what I saw on his tape, he's just not that explosive off the line.

I don't necessarily want him as my first choice, but if the draft falls as you suggest in your other topic, the Bears may draft him. Everybody has an opinion, here is one mans.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2620463...te-poor-40-time

Darron Lee LB from OSU ran a 4.4 forty. Smaller LB but fast as freak

I know AZ hasn't been on the Lee train, and I look forward to his talent evaluations the most on this board, but I for one think this kid, with the right coaching, is gonna be pretty damn good.

Probably gonna be something better there at 11, but I would love to trade back to say 15 and draft him.

I go back to the thing I read about Fangio having Willis and Bowman dropping into coverage more than any other LBs, and that is what Lee gives you the ability to do and do it very well.

Get stout up front and let this man buzz all around behind them.

Darron Lee LB from OSU ran a 4.4 forty. Smaller LB but fast as freak

I saw that and immediately knew people would cream their jeans over him. I just don't like him as an inside guy. He may be able to cover passes deeper, but he doesn't have the same instincts or run stuffing ability as some of the other guys. Also, speed for an ILB can be a curse. Slower guy reads wrong and is only out of position by a few feet. Fast guy reads wrong and is off by a few yards.

If the Bears were still running the Lovie-2, I'd really like him as a MLB who covers the deep middle.

I saw that and immediately knew people would cream their jeans over him. I just don't like him as an inside guy. He may be able to cover passes deeper, but he doesn't have the same instincts or run stuffing ability as some of the other guys. Also, speed for an ILB can be a curse. Slower guy reads wrong and is only out of position by a few feet. Fast guy reads wrong and is off by a few yards.

If the Bears were still running the Lovie-2, I'd really like him as a MLB who covers the deep middle.

Reading about Fangio dropping his ILBs, it is kinda similar to the Lovie-2 actually.

I know AZ hasn't been on the Lee train, and I look forward to his talent evaluations the most on this board, but I for one think this kid, with the right coaching, is gonna be pretty damn good.

Probably gonna be something better there at 11, but I would love to trade back to say 15 and draft him.

I go back to the thing I read about Fangio having Willis and Bowman dropping into coverage more than any other LBs, and that is what Lee gives you the ability to do and do it very well.

Get stout up front and let this man buzz all around behind them.

The problem or concern I had with Lee is that he is almost always lined up outside. OSU used him to counter the spread offenses and he's good in coverage. I'm just not sure how his game will translate to playing inside. Yes, Fangio needs ILB who can cover but they still have to be physical and able to move through the trash around the LOS. Considering the 11th overall pick I'd like to feel more confident in who we choose. I think the pundits on TV have it right when they say his best fit is at WLB and Lee might be great in Brigg's old-role.

Who impressed me in the LB drills was the slimmed down Ragland. We all focus on the forty time, I think he ran a 4.7, but when watching him in drills his lateral movement was very quick. He'll have some limitations in coverage because he can't turn and run like Lee, but he's going to give you the negative plays that a defense needs in order to get off the field and our run defense immediately goes up a couple notches.

Among the 1st Rd LB I still prefer Myles Jack overall but if it were a choice between Lee's speed or Ragland I think I'd take Ragland. IIRC, Chris Borland played well in his single season under Fangio and he was slower than Ragland, definitely more quick than fast. Pair Ragland up with Trevathan and we'd be much better in the middle.

I don't necessarily want him as my first choice, but if the draft falls as you suggest in your other topic, the Bears may draft him. Everybody has an opinion, here is one mans.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2620463...te-poor-40-time

Best edge rusher in the draft is probably still correct. I still don't think that puts him in the top 10 overall, or in our case the best fit for our needs at #11.

The problem or concern I had with Lee is that he is almost always lined up outside. OSU used him to counter the spread offenses and he's good in coverage. I'm just not sure how his game will translate to playing inside. Yes, Fangio needs ILB who can cover but they still have to be physical and able to move through the trash around the LOS. Considering the 11th overall pick I'd like to feel more confident in who we choose. I think the pundits on TV have it right when they say his best fit is at WLB and Lee might be great in Brigg's old-role.

Who impressed me in the LB drills was the slimmed down Ragland. We all focus on the forty time, I think he ran a 4.7, but when watching him in drills his lateral movement was very quick. He'll have some limitations in coverage because he can't turn and run like Lee, but he's going to give you the negative plays that a defense needs in order to get off the field and our run defense immediately goes up a couple notches.

Among the 1st Rd LB I still prefer Myles Jack overall but if it were a choice between Lee's speed or Ragland I think I'd take Ragland. IIRC, Chris Borland played well in his single season under Fangio and he was slower than Ragland, definitely more quick than fast. Pair Ragland up with Trevathan and we'd be much better in the middle.

I was listening to Matt Bowen on the score and he loves Ragland, said if he was drafting he would be drafted over higher rated players. He is a stud and leader and will define your defense.

I've been on the Ragland since he was a high schooler. He's been legit the entire time, and if weren't for the fact that Alabama recruits an entire team full of 5-stars pretty much every year, he probably would have started more years. If he were at a lesser school we'd be talking about a guy who had 100+ tackles every year and much better extras.

I can tell you guys he came from a great HS program as well. Really sharp coaches, great community and environment, and he was thought of as a leader there as well. And this is a HS where there were multiple players who could have been the leader. Multiple kids who are from affluent families with tons of resources, kids who have been leaders their entire lives.

He was a leader in HS, a leader at Alabama, and he'd be an immediate leader in Chicago.

I've been on the Ragland since he was a high schooler. He's been legit the entire time, and if weren't for the fact that Alabama recruits an entire team full of 5-stars pretty much every year, he probably would have started more years. If he were at a lesser school we'd be talking about a guy who had 100+ tackles every year and much better extras.

I can tell you guys he came from a great HS program as well. Really sharp coaches, great community and environment, and he was thought of as a leader there as well. And this is a HS where there were multiple players who could have been the leader. Multiple kids who are from affluent families with tons of resources, kids who have been leaders their entire lives.

He was a leader in HS, a leader at Alabama, and he'd be an immediate leader in Chicago.

I am warming up to having him as our first pick. He should be there.