Scratch Muhammed Wilkerson off your list

jason

Only shot at him was if we did a Jeffrey for Wilkerson switch and than signed him to a long term deal (with Jets signing Jeffrey and reuniting him with BMarsh).

We are not in on any big time money players as per statement from Pace. I think it translates the same as last year. I player for good money and with a larger cap space several players in the 3 to 5 mil range. I think we add 6.

We are not in on the Wilkersons, Jackson ( to much money) or the Eric Berry.

We are not in on any big time money players as per statement from Pace. I think it translates the same as last year. I player for good money and with a larger cap space several players in the 3 to 5 mil range. I think we add 6.

We are not in on the Wilkersons, Jackson ( to much money) or the Eric Berry.

I'm okay with it. I think we are a ways away from being a good / contending team so I think it would be foolish to blow all of our money prematurely this off-season. I think we need to be focused on finding quality starters and via the draft target impact playmakers. From there, once we are at the right spot, than I think you use FA to help "push" you over the top. I think anything we do now would be a complete an utter waste of resources and have more downside risk than upside risk (if we just went all out on one player).

The exception would have been Von Miller. I do note think Trevathan at 7 or 8M is what I call absurd money and I'd see that type of FA being the highest end the team goes (outside of resigning Jeffrey and potentially Long).

If Wilkerson was available, I would have been highly disappointed if the bears didn't go after him....it's all moot though.

I think your going to get disappointed this free agent period, because we wont be bringing in a big money guy. Im hoping we give Trevathan the 8 mil he will probably get, and then a bunch of lower priced FAs.