M Bennett about to be traded

GakMan23

Bears looking for trade partner

He seemed to be trying to talk his way out of town...looks like it might happen.

IM interested to see their plan. I would rather not trade him and let him play out his contract or even give him a raise or extension. I don't see the value in opening up another NEED.

I would guess that they would resign Miller and draft a TE if he is traded.

IM interested to see their plan. I would rather not trade him and let him play out his contract or even give him a raise or extension. I don't see the value in opening up another NEED.

I agree with you 100%. But we decided we were going to cut ways with him after his outburst. I'm guessing we would cut him if we didn't trade him

The draft is thin with TE's . . . .

I agree with you 100%. But we decided we were going to cut ways with him after his outburst. I'm guessing we would cut him if we didn't trade him

The draft is thin with TE's . . . .

I think this draft is thin with TEs overall, but it's a great fit for what the Bears are trying to do. Resigning Miller gives the Bears a starter, and most of the TEs we'd likely target are 3rd-6th. Great value for multiple guys.

Tyler Higbee, Bryce Williams, and Henry Krieger-Coble are all nice options.

And if we're looking for a blocking TE, Nick Vannett could be a great choice.

Didn't McCaskey say this was "news to him"?

https://mobile.twitter.com/ZachZaidman/stat...src=twsrc%5Etfw

I understand not wanting to keep a malcontent, but I think it opens a door for others wanting something different from what they signed on for. Hope they get real value from a trade and not a 6th. New England likes TEs, I bet they are keeping an eye on this.

I understand not wanting to keep a malcontent, but I think it opens a door for others wanting something different from what they signed on for. Hope they get real value from a trade and not a 6th. New England likes TEs, I bet they are keeping an eye on this.

It sounds like none of us should have high expectations in terms of pick (which is why I wouldn't trade him). I'd want a 4th rounder at a minimum or a 5th plus a future 5th.

Aaron Leming

‏@AaronLemingNFL

Had heard the #Falcons as a potential interest team in TE Martellus Bennett last week at the combine. #Bears

Atlanta would be a logical destination per Leming.

DBDB, yeah can't go lower than a 4th.

Atlanta would be a logical destination per Leming.

DBDB, yeah can't go lower than a 4th.

That would be awesome. Except, we seem to have reached Brandon Marshall territory with him. We will trade him or cut him and other teams know it. We gave up BM and a 7th to get a 5th. Complicating matters is Bennett wants a contract extension. Hell, we might be lucky to get a 7th for him.

I agree with you that dumping him makes our team worse. I said the same thing when we dumped BM last year. Especially since it meant using our first round pick on a WR. But what we think and what the Bears plan on doing are two different things. After he made comments about not watching the Green Bay game and when he flipped out at practice causing us to IR him prematurely, it was a done deal.

He doesnt want to be here, if you have a malcontent in the ranks it causes problems in the locker room. Is is not like the Bears are ,;(he talks to much, lets get rid of him).

There is a reason for this. He wants more money and it will be a problem if we dont give it to him. We're in the middle of a rebuild so better to try to get something before its to late.

I suspect with all other trades, would be lucky to get a 4th and probably be a 5th.

This is also a way to prove to him his market value isn't what he thinks it is. If they can't find a reasonable trade partner, meaning if all we can get for him is a 6th Rd pick, then his agent will know that and Marty will come to realize he might be getting that huge payday.

Seahawks might be interested as well (I'm sure he'd love to be reuinted with his brother) and supposedly Seahawks might cut Jimmy Graham.

DAMN! A Seahawk friend of mine who is hardcore just called me today and asked me if I'd take Graham for Bennett and a 6th. I said yes immediately.

DAMN! A Seahawk friend of mine who is hardcore just called me today and asked me if I'd take Graham for Bennett and a 6th. I said yes immediately.

What does it mean that Graham supposedly bitched in the locker room. Also, the Seahawks were significantly better after he got hurt. That being said, New Orleans missed him this past season and suffered as a result. Ultimately it seems like we'd be trading one pain in the ass for another. One whose a better receive but doesn't block.

We wouldn't just be taking on Graham but I'm guessing he's a much bigger cap hit. While the idea is tempting we are better off passing.

Seahawks might be interested as well (I'm sure he'd love to be reuinted with his brother) and supposedly Seahawks might cut Jimmy Graham.

As for the brother business, Michael talked about wanting to be united with his brother. In fact he went on the Today Show or something the morning of free agency saying he wanted to play with Martellus. Then took less money then what the Bears offered to sign with the Seahawks. Which led to the Bears signing Lamarr Houston.

Are we sure the brothers want to play together?

What does it mean that Graham supposedly bitched in the locker room. Also, the Seahawks were significantly better after he got hurt. That being said, New Orleans missed him this past season and suffered as a result. Ultimately it seems like we'd be trading one pain in the ass for another. One whose a better receive but doesn't block.

We wouldn't just be taking on Graham but I'm guessing he's a much bigger cap hit. While the idea is tempting we are better off passing.

I think he's WAAAAY better than Bennett.