nobody mentioned

Stinger226

We tended an offer to Bellamy/WR so that will be our 5th WR slot

Jeffery

White

Royal

?

Bellamy

so if we only keep 5, does that mean Wilson fills that spot?

or do we bring in a rookie that can play STs?

I think we keep Wilson and draft a player that we stash on our practice squad in case of injury

Jeffery

White

Royal

?

Bellamy

I think we keep Wilson and draft a player that we stash on our practice squad in case of injury

Be nice to draft a guy that can take the top off the defense and KR/PR.

Jeffery

White

Royal

?

Bellamy

Don't know about you but Deonte Thompson wasn't looking all that bad on KR. And he was playing a few snaps here and there and catching a few passes...didn't look all that un-promising.

And personally I'm still of the opinion that Royal isn't the answer at the Z. Maybe Mariani? He looked pretty good there last year.

Jeffery

White

Royal

?

Bellamy

I would say he's being brought back to compete for a roster spot. Cam Meredith will be back as well. I don't his name on the roster but the KR we had at the end of the season, Deonte Thompson, I'd also expect to be back. He's got some open field speed and considering how late he was added to the roster he did some good things at WR.

I'm in favor of drafting Tyler Ervin on day 3. Not sure if he rates as a 4th or 5th Rd pick. I've seen mostly 5th Rd for him but that was before he ran a 4.4 forty. I love his versatility at some many positions from RB, slot WR, KR, and PR. It's valuable to have a guy like that on game day. I wouldn't be upset at all if we used a 4th Rd pick on him. Saw him on NFL Network he seems like a class act, and knows he'll have to work to make it at the next level but he's willing to do it all. A "Darren Sproles" role fits him well.

Don't know about you but Deonte Thompson wasn't looking all that bad on KR. And he was playing a few snaps here and there and catching a few passes...didn't look all that un-promising.

And personally I'm still of the opinion that Royal isn't the answer at the Z. Maybe Mariani? He looked pretty good there last year.

Royal is the right guy for that slot, but being injured all year doesnt look good on your resume. the year before we got him:

2014 SD 16 11 62 778 12.5 47T 7 3 14 4.7 15 0 1 1

62 catches and 7 TDs , a healthy Royal is EXACTLY what we need.

I would say he's being brought back to compete for a roster spot. Cam Meredith will be back as well. I don't his name on the roster but the KR we had at the end of the season, Deonte Thompson, I'd also expect to be back. He's got some open field speed and considering how late he was added to the roster he did some good things at WR.

I'm in favor of drafting Tyler Ervin on day 3. Not sure if he rates as a 4th or 5th Rd pick. I've seen mostly 5th Rd for him but that was before he ran a 4.4 forty. I love his versatility at some many positions from RB, slot WR, KR, and PR. It's valuable to have a guy like that on game day. I wouldn't be upset at all if we used a 4th Rd pick on him. Saw him on NFL Network he seems like a class act, and knows he'll have to work to make it at the next level but he's willing to do it all. A "Darren Sproles" role fits him well.

That would be a good call, I do not see them grabbing an older vet, over 30, they have a youth movement going, so will start with younger guys.

I actually thought Wilson looked fairly decent as well. He's still under contract I believe.

WR battle is gonna be interesting. I like Thompson and hope he gets more snaps as that big play deep threat.

I think the only way we draft a guy is if we cut Royal. In which case I would go after Pharaoh Cooper. He looks like a really good slot guy, plus he's a Gamecock, so maybe he can make friends with Alshon to make him happier.

I actually thought Wilson looked fairly decent as well. He's still under contract I believe.

WR battle is gonna be interesting. I like Thompson and hope he gets more snaps as that big play deep threat.

I think the only way we draft a guy is if we cut Royal. In which case I would go after Pharaoh Cooper. He looks like a really good slot guy, plus he's a Gamecock, so maybe he can make friends with Alshon to make him happier.

Royal has a $4.5 cap hit and the same in dead money, so unless we want to absorb $4.5, he will be on the roster this year.

With Jeffery, White, Royal, then a combination of Wilson, Bellamy, and possibly Mariani and Thompson, the WR Corps looks pretty solid (health being the biggest concern). If we draft one, I don't foresee it being until the 6th or 7th.

Jeffery/White can be a formidable duo.

Royal has a $4.5 cap hit and the same in dead money, so unless we want to absorb $4.5, he will be on the roster this year.

With Jeffery, White, Royal, then a combination of Wilson, Bellamy, and possibly Mariani and Thompson, the WR Corps looks pretty solid (health being the biggest concern). If we draft one, I don't foresee it being until the 6th or 7th.

With that combination, I don't see were WR is a need at all. TE and RB, I can see bringing in. WR is the only position on offense we really do not need to address, at least until we find OT, OG, TE, QB, RB.

With that combination, I don't see were WR is a need at all. TE and RB, I can see bringing in. WR is the only position on offense we really do not need to address, at least until we find OT, OG, TE, QB, RB.

Yeah, and with 2x young RB's, do we really need another? I think TE is the highest skill position need, especially if we trade Bennett.

I was unaware of the cap ramifications so yeah, I agree, he'll be on the roster.

As AZ brought up, Meredith would be in the mix as well.

I'm good with the WR Corps.

I'm trying to understand everyone's perspective but, WR was a problem area for this team last year! Does everyone remember when Alshon and Eddie Royal were hurt what was on the field? An inconsistent 7th round draft pick a reclamation project and a collection of UDFAs. If you are factoring Kevin White into the equation, think about it for a minute, he has pins or rods inserted in his shin to make him all better are you counting on that to be relieble opposite Off the field Jeffery!

I'm trying to understand everyone's perspective but, WR was a problem area for this team last year! Does everyone remember when Alshon and Eddie Royal were hurt what was on the field? An inconsistent 7th round draft pick a reclamation project and a collection of UDFAs. If you are factoring Kevin White into the equation, think about it for a minute, he has pins or rods inserted in his shin to make him all better are you counting on that to be relieble opposite Off the field Jeffery!

I get what you're saying, but you don't wanna over invest in a postion and count on disaster. What if everyone stays healthy? Then you've essentially wasted a mid round pick or money(if you suggest going that route).

I think Wilson is a fine #4. If you wanna add late a late round pick or vet for competition to Meredith, Thompson, and Bellamy the that's fine. I woukdnt do anything before the 5th or above the vet min though.

Last year was a disaster, there were times where the top 4 guys were out. I would be surprised if that happened again.

I get what you're saying, but you don't wanna over invest in a postion and count on disaster. What if everyone stays healthy? Then you've essentially wasted a mid round pick or money(if you suggest going that route).

I think Wilson is a fine #4. If you wanna add late a late round pick or vet for competition to Meredith, Thompson, and Bellamy the that's fine. I woukdnt do anything before the 5th or above the vet min though.

Last year was a disaster, there were times where the top 4 guys were out. I would be surprised if that happened again.

I think every year we should be drafting a QB prospect, RB prospect and WR prospect. This year we will be going after a TE prospect.

I think one of three 6th rounds will grab all of those prospects, 4th or 5th for the TE.

Our first 3 should be a LB, DL and OL. Maybe in the 4th or 5th a S prospect.

I think we bring in a TE, FS, and ILB in free agency, among other positions.

Have the Bears traditionally or ever, or has Fox ever kept 6 WRs?

Didn't we start last season with AJ, Eddie Royal, Mariani, Marques Wilson, Josh Bellamy and Cameron Meredith? As a proud ISU grad, I remember being shocked yet happily surprised that Meredith made the final opening day roster.

I think every year we should be drafting a QB prospect, RB prospect and WR prospect. This year we will be going after a TE prospect.

I think one of three 6th rounds will grab all of those prospects, 4th or 5th for the TE.

Our first 3 should be a LB, DL and OL. Maybe in the 4th or 5th a S prospect.

I think we bring in a TE, FS, and ILB in free agency, among other positions.

I can't argue with anything you say except when you say you want to draft the QB position every year. When was the last time any QB draft after the 4th round emerged?

I can't argue with anything you say except when you say you want to draft the QB position every year. When was the last time any QB draft after the 4th round emerged?

I would need to research that, but more reason to throw darts at the board on the most important position in football.

Look no further than last year and you'll find one that looks pretty promising: AJ McCarron. Coincidentally, several members of the board loved him (e.g. scs, me, lemon, parker).

Also...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=position

Look no further than last year and you'll find one that looks pretty promising: AJ McCarron. Coincidentally, several members of the board loved him (e.g. scs, me, lemon, parker).

Also...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=position

Loved him as what? A competent NFL back-up? I just can't see him starting more than a few games with any success. He looked pretty good in his 3 starts with the Bengals, but typically that's hard to sustain once teams get tape on a guy. I don't see him replacing Red Rider any time soon. He's a quality back-up and possibly a fringe starter. But when you are drafting a guy every year, you do it with the hope they will one day start.

Please give me the name of a guy drafted after the 4th round who is more than a quality back-up.

Loved him as what? A competent NFL back-up? I just can't see him starting more than a few games with any success. He looked pretty good in his 3 starts with the Bengals, but typically that's hard to sustain once teams get tape on a guy. I don't see him replacing Red Rider any time soon. He's a quality back-up and possibly a fringe starter. But when you are drafting a guy every year, you do it with the hope they will one day start.

Please give me the name of a guy drafted after the 4th round who is more than a quality back-up.

I looked at Jason's list and there is a few names that stand out. Most good QBs were drafted in the first round but , every once in a while one shines. It is a shot in the dark. There is a ton of busts in the early rounds to and they cost a lot of wasted high picks. Truth be told, very few make it to the top of the heap so you should take as many shots at the position as possible.

I looked at Jason's list and there is a few names that stand out. Most good QBs were drafted in the first round but , every once in a while one shines. It is a shot in the dark. There is a ton of busts in the early rounds to and they cost a lot of wasted high picks. Truth be told, very few make it to the top of the heap so you should take as many shots at the position as possible.

This goes against my thought of drafting skill players in the earlier rounds but I was watching a show yesterday about the top ten undrafted players of all time. On the list; Warren Moon, Kurt Warner and Tony Romo. And today I saw that Jeff Garcia and Dave Krieg were a few others. So it can be done to find a decent one on the scrap heap.

Speaking of: funny how both Romo and Cutler have very similar qualities and styles yet one was not drafted and the other was...in the first round. Hmmmm.... ?

I think the word "emerged" was where there was confusion. Emerged to me means, "someone who showed an ability to play in the NFL". As far as McCarron goes, I don't think he's a quality back-up. I think he has starter abilities in a game-manager role. Very much so. Don't like that definition of emerge, then look to 2012 and you can see Kirk Cousins. He emerged regardless of the definition. Don't like that one, go to 2011, just one year back, and you'll find Tyrod Taylor, a guy who threw for over 3000 last year in 14 games. Go back a few more years and you can see a 6th rounder and a 7th rounder who both emerged, Derek Anderson & Matt Cassel.

Long story short, it pays to keep rolling the dice and trying to find a diamond in the rough at QB.