Lemon's Bears Mock

lemonej

After farting around with 3 different attempts I'm settling in on this version:

11. Reggie Ragland ILB Ala I feel that this is a historic franchise for LBs and I believe that this prospect fits that mode.

41. William Jackson CB Houston He measured bigger and ran faster at the Combine and reportedly the Bears have interest. Don't be shocked if the Bears trade up, back into the first round to snag a player they like.

72. Braxton Miller WR Ohio St. I have always liked guys who are willing to change a position for the good of the team and perform decent in the new position. I'm convinced that Eddie Royal was a bad signing and after him we have UDFA buffet. Add this prospect here and coach him up!

RD 4. Spencer Drango OG Baylor Do I keep Long at RT or do I move him back inside? I say leave him outside with a full TC working on technique and bring Drango in to compete with Ducasse.

Rd 5 1st pick. Dak Prescott Qb Ole Miss. This is a developmental pick with the idea that Jay will not play for ever and takes huge hits at times, I'm not sold on Fales as the primary backup and would like to add this prospect to the mix.

Rd 5 2nd pick Willie Beavers OT Western Michigan I want to light a fire under CLjr's butt!Plus continue to bring youthful backups to the OL.

Rd 6 pick 1 David Morgan TE Texas San Antonio Right now we have two TEs on the roster under contract, 1 wants to be elsewhere and the other is not an option in the passing game. Assuming that the recent reports that Bennett and his agent in conjunction with the Bears are trying to map out his exodus there needs to be a pick at that position made.

Rd 6 pick 2 Joe Schobert OLB Wisconsin If nothing more than a special teamer I like how the Badger LBs have transitioned to the NFL at pick 2?? why not

RD 7 Dadi Nicolas OLB Va. Tech Earl in the season if you asked me this guy may go undrafted I would have asked what you were smoking or drinking? Instead of competing with other teams for this prospect, why not draft him and see if he is motivated enough to prove everyone wrong!

11. Reggie Ragland ILB Ala I feel that this is a historic franchise for LBs and I believe that this prospect fits that mode.

41. William Jackson CB Houston He measured bigger and ran faster at the Combine and reportedly the Bears have interest. Don't be shocked if the Bears trade up, back into the first round to snag a player they like.

72. Braxton Miller WR Ohio St. I have always liked guys who are willing to change a position for the good of the team and perform decent in the new position. I'm convinced that Eddie Royal was a bad signing and after him we have UDFA buffet. Add this prospect here and coach him up!

RD 4. Spencer Drango OG Baylor Do I keep Long at RT or do I move him back inside? I say leave him outside with a full TC working on technique and bring Drango in to compete with Ducasse.

Rd 5 1st pick. Dak Prescott Qb Ole Miss. This is a developmental pick with the idea that Jay will not play for ever and takes huge hits at times, I'm not sold on Fales as the primary backup and would like to add this prospect to the mix.

Rd 5 2nd pick Willie Beavers OT Western Michigan I want to light a fire under CLjr's butt!Plus continue to bring youthful backups to the OL.

Rd 6 pick 1 David Morgan TE Texas San Antonio Right now we have two TEs on the roster under contract, 1 wants to be elsewhere and the other is not an option in the passing game. Assuming that the recent reports that Bennett and his agent in conjunction with the Bears are trying to map out his exodus there needs to be a pick at that position made.

Rd 6 pick 2 Joe Schobert OLB Wisconsin If nothing more than a special teamer I like how the Badger LBs have transitioned to the NFL at pick 2?? why not

RD 7 Dadi Nicolas OLB Va. Tech Earl in the season if you asked me this guy may go undrafted I would have asked what you were smoking or drinking? Instead of competing with other teams for this prospect, why not draft him and see if he is motivated enough to prove everyone wrong!

Good work. I think Prescott goes round 2 or 3 and the Bears may take him at 3 if he is there. Been snagging Jackson round two in my fanspeak mocks, the guy has speed. Hope he can play press well. Ragland makes the most sense and would look nice next to speedster Danny Trevathan if we can sign him.

Lemon, the only pick I have any issues with would be a 3rd rounder (72nd pick) on a project WR. First, there is a long history of this transition not working (Terrelle Pryor, Matt Jones, etc). I know his draft ranking has him somewhere near this pick, but it seems like he would be more of a luxury pick than filling a need. I know you talk about Royal, but due to his contract, we are stuck with him for at least this season.

Otherwise, picks make sense.

Lemon, the only pick I have any issues with would be a 3rd rounder (72nd pick) on a project WR. First, there is a long history of this transition not working (Terrelle Pryor, Matt Jones, etc). I know his draft ranking has him somewhere near this pick, but it seems like he would be more of a luxury pick than filling a need. I know you talk about Royal, but due to his contract, we are stuck with him for at least this season.

Otherwise, picks make sense.

Thank you and you can tell I looked at a few sites rankings before making my selections. I also have FA in mind also.As for the QB to wr conversion, Randle El, Hines Ward, Freddie Solomon, Marlon Briscoe,Marty Booker to name a few that have made a nice transition. I also remember Eric Kumerow starting his college career as a QB and ended up a defensive end. Terrelle Pryor stayed at QB and Matt Jones had a drug problem!

Good work. I think Prescott goes round 2 or 3 and the Bears may take him at 3 if he is there. Been snagging Jackson round two in my fanspeak mocks, the guy has speed. Hope he can play press well. Ragland makes the most sense and would look nice next to speedster Danny Trevathan if we can sign him.

Thank you and I did factor in FA while making my selections. I like Prescott and he is all over the board when it comes to his draft rankings. Whenever I do a mock I am hoping for it to fall that way!

Thank you and you can tell I looked at a few sites rankings before making my selections. I also have FA in mind also.As for the QB to wr conversion, Randle El, Hines Ward, Freddie Solomon, Marlon Briscoe, Marty Booker to name a few that have made a nice transition. I also remember Eric Kumerow starting his college career as a QB and ended up a defensive end. Terrelle Pryor stayed at QB and Matt Jones had a drug problem!

That list is completely underwhelming and is the exact reason I would be hesitant to spend a 3rd on Miller as a WR. With one of our extra 6th, sure, why not, but not anything before the 5th.

Hines Ward played his Junior and Senior years as a WR so he doesn't count, Marty Booker was a WR his entire collegiate career, and Randle El really never lived up to the billing/potential and was always one of those hybrid threats that was not great at any one thing.

I am just leery of risks or projects with this current roster. Like I said before, otherwise, I like the draft. Now based on the players available (say in the next 10-15 picks) who could replace Miller?

For the most part I like it, but two things:

1. I don't like Braxton Miller for reasons mentioned above.

2. Don't we have three 6th rounders?

Your probably right, I got screwed up when the compensatory picks started to factor in at the end of the 3rd round!

One mock I tried prior to this post;

1. Reggie Ragland ILB

2.Shon Coleman LOT

3. Will Redmond CB Miss St

4. Aaron Burbridge WR Mich St

5 Dak Prescott QB Miss

6 Victor Ochi OLB Stony Brook

7 David Morgan TE Texas San Antonio

8. Kevin Byard SS Middle Tenn

9. Daryl Worley CB West Va

Instead of using rounds I just drop the pick number in. I hate compensatory picks because it rewards teams for not being able to keep players!

One mock I tried prior to this post;

1. Reggie Ragland ILB

2.Shon Coleman LOT

3. Will Redmond CB Miss St

4. Aaron Burbridge WR Mich St

5 Dak Prescott QB Miss

6 Victor Ochi OLB Stony Brook

7 David Morgan TE Texas San Antonio

8. Kevin Byard SS Middle Tenn

9. Daryl Worley CB West Va

Instead of using rounds I just drop the pick number in. I hate compensatory picks because it rewards teams for not being able to keep players!

Even if they sign a defensive lineman, I still think they draft one in the first 3 rounds.

I've sort of came around on Ragland in the first though.

Even if they sign a defensive lineman, I still think they draft one in the first 3 rounds.

If Jack, Buckner,or Ramsey is there, there my choices, but dont think they will be so all in on Ragland.

Another name I am starting to warm up to is Shaq Lawson.

With this scheme what DL are you referring to? OLB? 1 tech? or 5 tech? With Ferguson coming back , Goldman, Unrein, what DL position are you looking at. I also forgot to mention Washington coming back also.

With this scheme what DL are you referring to? OLB? 1 tech? or 5 tech? With Ferguson coming back , Goldman, Unrein, what DL position are you looking at. I also forgot to mention Washington coming back also.

Goldman will be in his second year and would suspect to see steady improvement.

Ferguson has potential but not playing all year hurt him.

If we bring back Unrein and Jenkins (not signed yet) they are just limited snaps rotational types.

We absolutely need to add a couple of more bodies to the mix.

Washington hasn't panned out yet and he has been around 3 years now? You cant count him in the mix.

• 2 weeks later...

FA changes a lot in the first round and if you can get someone QB hungry to trade for an opportunity to grab one of the QBs that will be at 11 then this is my scenario with Wentz and Goff off the board Lynch is there and the Rams come calling. Get their 1st and 3rd obtain a 2nd next year and swap 5th rd picks.

1. William Jackson CB Hou With most of the speculation of who the Bears like this offseason spot on don't be surprised if he was the pick

2. Shon Coleman LOT Auburn Adding a spark to the pants of Leno Jr is my motivation for this pick and if possible replacing Leno with Coleman early on is possible

3. Will Redmond CB Miss ST I'm thinking he maybe better at safety which is why I pick him here and we need bodies at the back end also

4. Spencer Drago OG Baylor Behind Slausson and Long you have DuCasse and then what? A youth transfusion is needed.

5. Aaron Burbridge WR Mich St When the top 4 WRs ( Jeffrey,White, Royal, Marianni) on the roster have injury histories and the next couple (Meredith and Bellamy) have limited production history competition needs to be created at the position

6. Willie Beavers OT Western Mich Maybe Massie pans out for a year but this prospect could be waiting in the wings to replace him.

7. Dak Prescott QB Ole Miss Prescott's poor judgement recently has made him a day 3 prospect imo and makes it easier for the Bears to secure him on the 3rd day of the draft

8. David Morgan TE Texas San Antonio Resigning Miller helps but his injury history and Bennett's impending departure leave Housler and Lee as the other options, we need a body here.

9. Joe Schobert OLB Wisc I like this prospects hustle and drive and if he only becomes a special teamer early on I like the idea of drafting some Wisconsin defensive players that have fared well over the years in the NFL

10 Dadi Nicolas De/OLB Va Tech Last year and early this season this guy was a stud but watching film recently showed he had a little trouble at the point of attack and imo it was strictly his technique this year. He raised up really quickly and got handled by the OL he went up against as well as dealt with double teams. I say take a flyer on him here!

FA changes a lot in the first round and if you can get someone QB hungry to trade for an opportunity to grab one of the QBs that will be at 11 then this is my scenario with Wentz and Goff off the board Lynch is there and the Rams come calling. Get their 1st and 3rd obtain a 2nd next year and swap 5th rd picks.

1. William Jackson CB Hou With most of the speculation of who the Bears like this offseason spot on don't be surprised if he was the pick

2. Shon Coleman LOT Auburn Adding a spark to the pants of Leno Jr is my motivation for this pick and if possible replacing Leno with Coleman early on is possible

3. Will Redmond CB Miss ST I'm thinking he maybe better at safety which is why I pick him here and we need bodies at the back end also

4. Spencer Drago OG Baylor Behind Slausson and Long you have DuCasse and then what? A youth transfusion is needed.

5. Aaron Burbridge WR Mich St When the top 4 WRs ( Jeffrey,White, Royal, Marianni) on the roster have injury histories and the next couple (Meredith and Bellamy) have limited production history competition needs to be created at the position

6. Willie Beavers OT Western Mich Maybe Massie pans out for a year but this prospect could be waiting in the wings to replace him.

7. Dak Prescott QB Ole Miss Prescott's poor judgement recently has made him a day 3 prospect imo and makes it easier for the Bears to secure him on the 3rd day of the draft

8. David Morgan TE Texas San Antonio Resigning Miller helps but his injury history and Bennett's impending departure leave Housler and Lee as the other options, we need a body here.

9. Joe Schobert OLB Wisc I like this prospects hustle and drive and if he only becomes a special teamer early on I like the idea of drafting some Wisconsin defensive players that have fared well over the years in the NFL

10 Dadi Nicolas De/OLB Va Tech Last year and early this season this guy was a stud but watching film recently showed he had a little trouble at the point of attack and imo it was strictly his technique this year. He raised up really quickly and got handled by the OL he went up against as well as dealt with double teams. I say take a flyer on him here!

It is possible they think highly of one of Ego, Sutton, Unrein, or Washington, and could totally ignore DL in the draft, but I think that would be a mistake.

This is one of the best drafts for defensive linemen in quite sometime and they should grab one in the 1st or 2nd.

I really like Jackson, and that very well could be the pick, but right now I would prefer to go elsewhere (OL or DL).

I like the trade and generally like the approach (though the numbering of picks instead of with their round number makes this a tough read). I would probably make some minor adjustments:

- If we are going to draft a guy for safety, I would just as soon draft someone like Karl Joseph instead of projecting Redmond to S.

- If we are going to draft a WR, I'd like someone with some return ability. My dream is Pharoh Cooper.

- Got to go DL at some point, whether it's a back-up for Goldman or depth at DE. I don't think Schobert or Nicholas can play there.

Using most of your original picks and approach, I would go more like:

1) Artie Burns, CB, Miami - Jackson might have more upside, but I like Burns a little more.

2) Shon Coleman, OT, Auburn

3) Karl Joseph, S, West Virginia

3) Pharoh Cooper, WR, South Carolina

4) Matt Ionaidis, DE, Temple

5) Willie Beavers, OT/G, Central Michigan - Can probably provide OG depth for now.

6) Dak Prescott, QB, Miss. St.

6) David Morgan, TE, Texas San Antonio

6) Joe Schobert, LB, Wisconsin

7) Antwaun Woods, NT, USC - Backup for Goldman.

I like the trade and generally like the approach (though the numbering of picks instead of with their round number makes this a tough read). I would probably make some minor adjustments:

- If we are going to draft a guy for safety, I would just as soon draft someone like Karl Joseph instead of projecting Redmond to S.

- If we are going to draft a WR, I'd like someone with some return ability. My dream is Pharoh Cooper.

- Got to go DL at some point, whether it's a back-up for Goldman or depth at DE. I don't think Schobert or Nicholas can play there.

Using most of your original picks and approach, I would go more like:

1) Artie Burns, CB, Miami - Jackson might have more upside, but I like Burns a little more.

2) Shon Coleman, OT, Auburn

3) Karl Joseph, S, West Virginia

3) Pharoh Cooper, WR, South Carolina

4) Matt Ionaidis, DE, Temple

5) Willie Beavers, OT/G, Central Michigan - Can probably provide OG depth for now.

6) Dak Prescott, QB, Miss. St.

6) David Morgan, TE, Texas San Antonio

6) Joe Schobert, LB, Wisconsin

7) Antwaun Woods, NT, USC - Backup for Goldman.

I like your spin and my bad on numbering the picks just being lazy.Every since the comp picks were figured I've been screwed up.