Bennett for Graham rumor

Chitownhustla

I realize you love ripping on Marty, but Marty is a better blocker than Dwayne Allen or Fleener and basically when healthy put up combined the same numbers two of them did. Guy is a top 3, worse case, top 5 TE in this league. All that said, you say he's not worth any of this and than say we can get massive value for him. Reality is, guys who are holding out, don't get traded for much because the Bears have zero leverage in this situation and other teams know it.

But you're ignoring the fact he's a pain in the ass. Brad Biggs was asked about the Bennett for Graham rumor and his response was, "I don't think the Seattle coaching staff wants another Bennett bitching about money and play calling."

Let me ask you this: did you think we'd get more in trade for Brandon Marshall last year?

But you're ignoring the fact he's a pain in the ass. Brad Biggs was asked about the Bennett for Graham rumor and his response was, "I don't think the Seattle coaching staff wants another Bennett bitching about money and play calling."

Let me ask you this: did you think we'd get more in trade for Brandon Marshall last year?

Nope, i did not. By the way, I'm not of the belief that we will get a ton for Bennett. I think we get a 6th rounder at best. When it came to B, I thought he was much more of a malcontent than Marty and had a bigger history of it than Marty. That said, if Marty truly is a giant pain and it is unsolveable, than it is time to move on. However, I hate the thought of us using a high pick on a TE. Do we look at Vernon Davis? He's about the last quality TE out there and he's clearly past his prime.

I don't think there is any value in trading Bennett for a draft pick our cutting him. I think it would be a bad bad move

i agree with you. this guy is a top 10 TE in the NFL. why get rid of him? the guy is a tough player. plays through injury, he is not injury prone, he can block like a demon, he is a true redzone target, he has at the least good hands, he is not old, he is not a locker room cancer, he has no substance abuse issues and he works well in the community. why trade him and have to draft an unknown who we HOPE can be half as good as he is when we need to draft players at other positions.

quite frankly we don't have anywhere close to enough quality players on this roster so why so eager to let him go? because he wanted a larger contract and held out on voluntary practice? so what. so did urlacher. how many wanted to trade him at the time?

we have the money... pay the guy.

i agree with you. this guy is a top 10 TE in the NFL. why get rid of him? the guy is a tough player. plays through injury, he is not injury prone, he can block like a demon, he is a true redzone target, he has at the least good hands, he is not old, he is not a locker room cancer, he has no substance abuse issues and he works well in the community. why trade him and have to draft an unknown who we HOPE can be half as good as he is when we need to draft players at other positions.

quite frankly we don't have anywhere close to enough quality players on this roster so why so eager to let him go? because he wanted a larger contract and held out on voluntary practice? so what. so did urlacher. how many wanted to trade him at the time?

He appears to at least be a headache with the organization, and that probably related in some way to the team. The comparison to Urlacher is not even because Urlacher was a monster, and Bennett got easily outperformed by his injury-prone backup who obviously had better chemistry with the franchise QB.

He appears to at least be a headache with the organization, and that probably related in some way to the team. The comparison to Urlacher is not even because Urlacher was a monster, and Bennett got easily outperformed by his injury-prone backup who obviously had better chemistry with the franchise QB.

Easily outperformed? When has Miller put up pro bowl numbers over a full season. Miller benefited significantly from one broken play by the Rams (yes, he ran really fast...but it was a wide open TD and Bennett gets a TD on that play as do a lot of TE's in this leauge. You continue to point to an absurdly small sample size for a guy who is significantly older than our pro bowl TE who has put up top of the league numbers the past few years and was again on pace to put up strong receiving numbers. Guy has also played through some significant injuries as well in the past and is a total playmaker.

This is not me knocking Miller, like him as a backup, but you are really letting a small sample size (and not a small sample size from a rookie or some young up and comer, which I can kind of understand) cloud your judgement for a guy who has a long sample size of not playing and/or being a backup.

Easily outperformed? When has Miller put up pro bowl numbers over a full season. Miller benefited significantly from one broken play by the Rams (yes, he ran really fast...but it was a wide open TD and Bennett gets a TD on that play as do a lot of TE's in this leauge. You continue to point to an absurdly small sample size for a guy who is significantly older than our pro bowl TE who has put up top of the league numbers the past few years and was again on pace to put up strong receiving numbers. Guy has also played through some significant injuries as well in the past and is a total playmaker.

This is not me knocking Miller, like him as a backup, but you are really letting a small sample size (and not a small sample size from a rookie or some young up and comer, which I can kind of understand) cloud your judgement for a guy who has a long sample size of not playing and/or being a backup.

Yes, easily outperformed. See this thread for the specific data breakdown.

Is it a small sample size? Sure. But he looked good enough that I think it makes Bennett expendable because of his price tag. If Bennett weren't going to demand top-5 TE money I'd say resign him, but he's definitely going to ask for big money. Further, I really believe he and Cutler aren't on the same page, and there have been multiple interceptions the last few years that are really Bennett's fault. We broke those types of passes down for the respective games when they happened, and I firmly think he just doesn't see what Cutler sees.

My ideal situation is dropping his contract in a trade that would net the Bears a 4th round pick, making Miller the starter, and allowing the Bears to draft a rookie TE with great potential.

He appears to at least be a headache with the organization, and that probably related in some way to the team.

i just don't see it. he has not disrupted the locker room, he hasn't come out with a crazy press conference about insane nothings and hasn't threatened to kill anyones children i have heard about. so what is the beef with this guy? he just wanted to renegotiate his contract?

The comparison to Urlacher is not even because Urlacher was a monster, and Bennett got easily outperformed by his injury-prone backup who obviously had better chemistry with the franchise QB.

sorry but this is really a good comparison. url was starting his peak decline, similar in age and similar in rankings per position. in FACT url still had a number of years left on his contract after we gave him the moon upfront previously when he wanted more. so if you want to talk about greedy bennet doesn't come close to urls demands in my opinion.

i just see no reason everyone wants to get rid of a high quality player with no serious problems in his prime for pie in the sky!!

He is a me guy and Foxy wants team guys. We dont get all of the locker room atmosphere information, so we only look at his production and say keep him but he wants more money and will hold out. So that would not be good to count on him and then have him sit home bitching about money.

Yes, easily outperformed. See this thread for the specific data breakdown.

Is it a small sample size? Sure. But he looked good enough that I think it makes Bennett expendable because of his price tag. If Bennett weren't going to demand top-5 TE money I'd say resign him, but he's definitely going to ask for big money.

have you even heard what he was asking for? even if he is asking to be paid like a top 5 TE isn't that because he IS? we keep referring to FA and paying what the prospects are worth. well we HAVE a guy like that and now we want to dump him because he wants to get paid a comparable salary?

dude, we can't just keep dumping quality players especially on offense. we have no proven horses in the stable.

Further, I really believe he and Cutler aren't on the same page, and there have been multiple interceptions the last few years that are really Bennett's fault. We broke those types of passes down for the respective games when they happened, and I firmly think he just doesn't see what Cutler sees.

neither ONE of them were on the same page. it was a completely NEW offense!! and it can be said of almost every receiver that they are not ALWAYS on the same page.

My ideal situation is dropping his contract in a trade that would net the Bears a 4th round pick, making Miller the starter, and allowing the Bears to draft a rookie TE with great potential.

so you would want to take away one of cutlers ONLY proven offensive playmakers left on this team to roll the dice on a freaking 4th round draft pick at the same position? seriously?

how bout we trade kyle long for a couple of picks. then we could draft 2 players and hope they are as good too.

yikes, it seems like some kinda fever this time of year where everyone wants to dump the old and gamble on the new for no apparent reason.

He is a me guy and Foxy wants team guys. We dont get all of the locker room atmosphere information, so we only look at his production and say keep him but he wants more money and will hold out. So that would not be good to count on him and then have him sit home bitching about money.

the guy was playing games with broken ribs!!! doesn't that say enough of what a team player he is???

the guy was playing games with broken ribs!!! doesn't that say enough of what a team player he is???

You need to read everything about the situation not just selective reads. Foxy and Pace are smart football guys, they just dont get rid of good football players unless there is a good reason. You act like, they try to get rid of people for no reason at all. When you rebuild a football team you have to get the room to buy into what you need to have a winning locker room. Bennett will hold out if we dont give him more money.Tell me how many catches he will have sitting on his coach watching the View.

You need to read everything about the situation not just selective reads. Foxy and Pace are smart football guys, they just dont get rid of good football players unless there is a good reason. You act like, they try to get rid of people for no reason at all. When you rebuild a football team you have to get the room to buy into what you need to have a winning locker room. Bennett will hold out if we dont give him more money.Tell me how many catches he will have sitting on his coach watching the View.

well then what's the reason? what's he not buying into? he gives effort, shows up to mandatory camp, plays hurt and starts games, says positive things about the bears and so on and so forth. what do they want from this guy?

the absolute only thing i heard about is him holding out on VOLUNTARY training camp because he wanted more money. if that is what they are making a decision on dumping him for they must be living in a bomb shelter/cave. that is how the nfl works these days.

have you even heard what he was asking for? even if he is asking to be paid like a top 5 TE isn't that because he IS? we keep referring to FA and paying what the prospects are worth. well we HAVE a guy like that and now we want to dump him because he wants to get paid a comparable salary?

dude, we can't just keep dumping quality players especially on offense. we have no proven horses in the stable.

neither ONE of them were on the same page. it was a completely NEW offense!! and it can be said of almost every receiver that they are not ALWAYS on the same page.

so you would want to take away one of cutlers ONLY proven offensive playmakers left on this team to roll the dice on a freaking 4th round draft pick at the same position? seriously?

how bout we trade kyle long for a couple of picks. then we could draft 2 players and hope they are as good too.

yikes, it seems like some kinda fever this time of year where everyone wants to dump the old and gamble on the new for no apparent reason.

Yes, I'd rather not pay a high dollar TE who has inside issues and doesn't jibe with Cutler perfectly. They were all on the new offense, but there didn't appear to be any issues between Cutler and Miller.

As for the offseason fever, it hasn't caught me. I wanted to keep Forte. I just don't want to keep Bennett. I think he's replaceable for less money.