Matt Forte to sign with...

ASHKUM BEAR

Given we all knew he wasn't going to be a Bear, I'm just thrilled he isn't a Puker! And he's out of the conference...

Thanks Matt. But, I'm not wishing you good luck. I only wish good luck to those in navy and bury orange... Just don't get yourself hurt...

I wish him the best...now that he's not going to the Packers. But if the contract details end up being less than 5M per year, I'll be upset Chicago didn't bring him back.

I wish him the best...now that he's not going to the Packers. But if the contract details end up being less than 5M per year, I'll be upset Chicago didn't bring him back.

Yep. I always hated see Julius Peppers make big plays against the Bears. I'm glad we don't have to see him.

Lamar Miller signed with the Texans for 4 years 26 million with 14 million guaranteed. I'll bet Forte's deal is close to that.

Doug Martin is getting $35M for 5 years (7AV), Miller is getting $26M for 4 years (6.5AV), so I don't know if 5M would be his number. I was thinking $4M max for 2 years.

If he got $5M+ for 3 years or more, then that was probably a good move on the Bears part.

Doug Martin is getting $35M for 5 years (7AV), Miller is getting $26M for 4 years (6.5AV), so I don't know if 5M would be his number. I was thinking $4M max for 2 years. If he got $5M+ for 3 years or more, then that was probably a good move on the Bears part.

The higher the number the better, maybe get a compensation pick out of it?

Forte got 3/$12 w/ $8mil in guarantees and an additional $4mil in ecscalators. Average is a little less than I expected, but he got a 3rd year and 2/3 guaranteed. It looks like he can get up to $16 w/ $4mil in incentives making the potential annual average $5.333.

The details on Matt Forte's deal with the Jets: 3 years for $12 million with $8M guaranteed. Additional $4M in escalators.

Forte got 3/$12 w/ $8mil in guarantees and an additional $4mil in ecscalators. Average is a little less than I expected, but he got a 3rd year and 2/3 guaranteed. It looks like he can get up to $16 w/ $4mil in incentives making the potential annual average $5.333.

See, that's better. >$5M per year is not what the Bears wanted to do, nor should they have done. But if Forte were willing to do the same contract for $1M less per year, the Bears should have kept him. I hope he tears the AFC East a new asshole and shows how much he still has left in the tank.

See, that's better. >$5M per year is not what the Bears wanted to do, nor should they have done. But if Forte were willing to do the same contract for $1M less per year, the Bears should have kept him. I hope he tears the AFC East a new asshole and shows how much he still has left in the tank.

I always had a lot of respect for Forte, but your dreaming if you think he will have better numbers than he did this year. There is a youth movement going on, a 30 year old back will be irrelevant in two years when we lobby for a playoff spot.

You have to look forward, not relish old vets that are on the decline. 8 mil guaranteed. This year I think he plays well, but you want to invest the extra money for the second year because he use to be good? That is just bad football logic. If we were having a shot at playoffs next year, I would be all for it, but it will 2 maybe 3 years before we content, he will be irrelevant. People would be bitching about paying him so much for one decent year.

I always had a lot of respect for Forte, but your dreaming if you think he will have better numbers than he did this year. There is a youth movement going on, a 30 year old back will be irrelevant in two years when we lobby for a playoff spot.

You have to look forward, not relish old vets that are on the decline. 8 mil guaranteed. This year I think he plays well, but you want to invest the extra money for the second year because he use to be good? That is just bad football logic. If we were having a shot at playoffs next year, I would be all for it, but it will 2 maybe 3 years before we content, he will be irrelevant. People would be bitching about paying him so much for one decent year.

I was thinking, "Why wouldn't he get the lion's share of carries in NY?" But that was before I realized they resigned Powell and picked up someone else. So, basically, he's going to a place where he'll split carries three ways at best, four ways at worst.

As for what he did and could do, I don't see why he wouldn't do well for another two years, at least. Forte has always kept himself in amazing shape. Langford was supposed to be amazing (and young), the main reason(s) why Forte was expendable, but Forte outperformed him in pretty much every way. The problem now is, there's no way to truly know what he would have done, because he likely won't get the carries in NY.

One big reason Forte may have a down year, the Jets schedule. Depending on how you look at it, I see at least 12 solid to great defenses on their schedule:

Home: Buffalo, Miami, New England, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Los Angeles, Seattle, Indianapolis

Away: Buffalo, Miami, New England, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Arizona, San Francisco, Kansas City