Laurinaitis to talk to Chicago...

madlithuanian

Aaron Leming

‏@AaronLemingNFL

Aaron Leming Retweeted RoadWarriorAnimal

Per this tweet, #Bears among the teams James Laurinaitis has visits to.

Aaron Leming added,

RoadWarriorAnimal @RWAnimal

#Atlanta, Ne Orleans, Chicago, Washington, New England, San Fran, NY Giants #visits #LEADER #Pro

I'd love this signing. I think he's got several good years left. He's not the fastest guy, but he reads very well, takes good angles, and is a sure, albeit grabby tackler. He's a good leader, and would fit very well with the concept Pace is going for in Chicago.

Aaron Leming

‏@AaronLemingNFL

Aaron Leming Retweeted RoadWarriorAnimal

Per this tweet, #Bears among the teams James Laurinaitis has visits to.

Aaron Leming added,

RoadWarriorAnimal @RWAnimal

#Atlanta, Ne Orleans, Chicago, Washington, New England, San Fran, NY Giants #visits #LEADER #Pro

This list of team visits looks more like what an agent would do when there isn't much interest in his client: Have him visit many teams to show he's healthy and so they can get to know him personally. When you think of all the day 1 and day 2 FA signings most of those players never left their home to make the deal, and some went to 1 or perhaps 2 visits with a team. Laurinitis is visiting 8 teams.

There is no reason we shouldn't visit with him. I'm sure we have some interest but probably far below early FA prices. It is also unknown if he wants a starting job guaranteed or if he's willing to come in and compete with SMC or a rookie. Trevathan has the guaranteed starting job but I view Laurinitis as player that should compete to earn it. That should be reflected in a much lower salary.

I think the Bears prefer SMC if they can agree on a terms but I'd doubt we sign both SMC and Laurinitis. Makes more sense to get one or the other and then add a good rookie. to develop. Let the others (Jones, Timu, etc.) compete for the last spot.

This list of team visits looks more like what an agent would do when there isn't much interest in his client: Have him visit many teams to show he's healthy and so they can get to know him personally. When you think of all the day 1 and day 2 FA signings most of those players never left their home to make the deal, and some went to 1 or perhaps 2 visits with a team. Laurinitis is visiting 8 teams.

There is no reason we shouldn't visit with him. I'm sure we have some interest but probably far below early FA prices. It is also unknown if he wants a starting job guaranteed or if he's willing to come in and compete with SMC or a rookie. Trevathan has the guaranteed starting job but I view Laurinitis as player that should compete to earn it. That should be reflected in a much lower salary.

I think the Bears prefer SMC if they can agree on a terms but I'd doubt we sign both SMC and Laurinitis. Makes more sense to get one or the other and then add a good rookie. to develop. Let the others (Jones, Timu, etc.) compete for the last spot.

Anybody still out there now are looking for money or they would have signed already. I think we are probably offering a 3 year 10 mil contract to someone and there all looking for 5 mil a year. I dont think we are going to throw money at any remaining FAs, it bargin shopping at our price. I see the chance some of those names slipping out of town. If we go by last year, one player got paid, two got decent money and the rest were low end. We already have spent those contracts. I suspect with more money available we may have a few more left. It would be nice to sign Hicks and Freeman but odds are they leave town without contracts looking for more money.