Hicks just signs

Stinger226

Second tweet down. Kyle is impressed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChicagoBears?ref...7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Interesting side note if you look at the retweet originally from Lester Witfong (about 8th down) says Mariani had no drops last season. 33 targets and 22 catches. So if I'm reading that right it means the other 11 (about 1/3) were misses? Ergo Cutler bad throws?

Kyle's tweets are hilarious:

Kyle ‏@Ky1eLong 21m21 minutes ago

I know our linebackers are jumping for joy. We just signed colossus

Kyle ‏@Ky1eLong 19m19 minutes ago

beast mode engaged - we just signed a real live bear to maul people on sundays

Interesting side note if you look at the retweet originally from Lester Witfong (about 8th down) says Mariani had no drops last season. 33 targets and 22 catches. So if I'm reading that right it means the other 11 (about 1/3) were misses? Ergo Cutler bad throws?

Dandy downer when good news is happening, lighten up, if you look at every WR in the league there is misses, try to imagine two huge DEs down your throat and you get the throw off

The guy is a huge man, you stick him with Goldman and a wall starts to get built

I like the signing for exactly that reason. 6'5", 324lbs, with lateral range. He's exactly the kind of size/strength/shape/speed we should be targeting for the 3-4DE.

BPA at 11 is a very real option. 6'5 324........ That's a big boy!!! Any chance the old miss DE drops to us in the 2nd? I can pray!

Another DE we could get cheap, Jared Click/6-4 and 285 had 48 ts last year with two sacks ,FF and 2 PDs.

Although I think Ego come back and plays well after injury.

Another DE we could get cheap, Jared Click/6-4 and 285 had 48 ts last year with two sacks ,FF and 2 PDs.

Although I think Ego come back and plays well after injury.

I have no idea what to think about Ego. He could be solid, but I want them to go all 49ers and add even more length to that front 3. I don't know if it was Fangio or their front office, but I remember that the 9ers preferred their DLInemen to have 35" arms.....Ego has below average 32" arms.

Draft is deep in DL talent. Hit on someone there.

Maybe that just proves that Mariana can't get open 1/3 of the time?

The guy is a huge man, you stick him with Goldman and a wall starts to get built

More importantly is that he can push the pocket, as can Goldman. Get one more piece that can do the same and we have a good rotation on the defensive front. I don't see that being Ego or Sutton although they might be backups who can contribute. Competition for a job in training camp is going to be at a very high level.

According to a reporter for the Boston Harold, Bill Belicheck called Hicks last night in a last ditch effort to get him to resign. Pat's reportedly offered him a better deal as well.....Encouraging to see.

Must have been a deflating feeling for Belicheck . . .

Saw Hicks do an one-one interview the other day on ITB. Have to say from what I heard he seems like a great character guy. Not that it and skill are related but I at least know he won't be a distraction in the locker room. In listening to him he said his mom is from South Chicago and has been a lifelong Bears fan and that she's thrilled to be able to go and cheer her son at the games. That too me is pretty freakin cool..

Good luck to you Mr. Hicks. I look forward to seeing what you can do.

Saw Hicks do an one-one interview the other day on ITB. Have to say from what I heard he seems like a great character guy. Not that it and skill are related but I at least know he won't be a distraction in the locker room. In listening to him he said his mom is from South Chicago and has been a lifelong Bears fan and that she's thrilled to be able to go and cheer her son at the games. That too me is pretty freakin cool..

Good luck to you Mr. Hicks. I look forward to seeing what you can do.

That makes me like the signing even more!