Lance Dunbar Visiting with Bears

bradjock

I don't like Dunbar. If he were here on an easy-to-cut contract then no worries. Hillman is no good either. I hope this is posturing for the draft and teams wanting Elliot.

I don't think they're looking at him as lead back. He would be nothing more than a 3rd down receiving back who could possibly even play some slot.

I don't think they're looking at him as lead back. He would be nothing more than a 3rd down receiving back who could possibly even play some slot.

Agreed. Even if we'd signed CJ Anderson for 18 million, I think we'd have used him as part of the rotation.

Jeremy Langford has the potential to be great, but ultimately he hasn't done much and has a lot to prove. It's good to bring in a veteran to push him.

So help me understand this! Resigning Rogers with his ability to pick up blitzing LBs as one of the things that he does well and has pass catching ability also he is a veteran that can tutor the 2 young backs, so why the love for FA RBs? Someone is not in favor on this roster and its going to play out real soon.

So help me understand this! Resigning Rogers with his ability to pick up blitzing LBs as one of the things that he does well and has pass catching ability also he is a veteran that can tutor the 2 young backs, so why the love for FA RBs? Someone is not in favor on this roster and its going to play out real soon.

Rodgers is a 3rd back, there concern is Carey. They want more of a clear choice than Carey.

Does he play special teams?

Seems like just kicking tires on a warm body...

Oddly enough he went to the IR in week 4 last year after tearing his ACL while returning kicks. So he has done special teams...or at least used to.

But beyond that I can't really understand why our team would consider him. Can he catch passes? Sure but that's about it. Seems he'd be pigeon-holed to doing just that and if he were to be lining up other teams would figure out that we were going to probably pass.

I mean the best he's done in his 4 (?) years of playing is 150 yds total rushing (2013) and 217 yds rec (2014). He did get 215 yds receiving last year before getting hurt.

I'd say absolutely no thank you. I'm just hoping they're throwing up a smoke screen to possibly draft Elliott or Henry (or some other suitable RB in later rounds).

Rodgers is a 3rd back, there concern is Carey. They want more of a clear choice than Carey.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I don't see why they are searching for RBs unless this is the concern. They must be trying to find a 1C rather than a potential 1B. There is no way they would have let Forte walk if they didn't think Langford was already a 1A option.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I don't see why they are searching for RBs unless this is the concern. They must be trying to find a 1C rather than a potential 1B. There is no way they would have let Forte walk if they didn't think Langford was already a 1A option.

There going to use two guys alot so they want more of an upside choose than Carey. I like the way he runs, but Fox and Pace like speed and he just insnt that. Last year , if Perry doesnt get hurt, Im not sure he makes the team.