Pace Fan Club

jason

I'm all in. I like the way this guy operates. Compiling draft picks. Smart moves, good budget, building for future years, picks with upside. He seems to be doing everything right.

Who is NOT a fan of this guy right now?

I'm all in. I like the way this guy operates. Compiling draft picks. Smart moves, good budget, building for future years, picks with upside. He seems to be doing everything right.

At one point we said the exact same thing about Jerry Angelo. Don't get me wrong! I'm in the fan-club.

Where do we spend our 15 million in cap?

I'm not-not a fan (double negative means positive right?). But I'm still speculative. As a person he seems genuine and very energetic. Like that he has a player's background. Just need to see that his personnel moves are all going to pan out. Thankfully for him he did good in assembling a top notch coaching team. So far my grade is a solid B edging towards B+.

At one point we said the exact same thing about Jerry Angelo. Don't get me wrong! I'm in the fan-club.

Where do we spend our 15 million in cap?

I can't ever remember there being a bunch of unified support for Angelo. He had too many mistakes for that. I was, however, always a fan of his salary cap management ability.

Pace is doing great right now IMHO.

I can't ever remember there being a bunch of unified support for Angelo. He had too many mistakes for that. I was, however, always a fan of his salary cap management ability.

Pace is doing great right now IMHO.

How about in 2007? We just went to the Super Bowl and well loved the 2006 draft class that included Hester, Manning (despite his super bowl mishap), Dvoracek, and Mark Anderson who had a double sack season. And then we were THRILLED at drafting Greg Olsen. We had no idea what flops Dan Bazuin, Garrett Wolfe, and Michael Okwo would be.

How about in 2007? We just went to the Super Bowl and well loved the 2006 draft class that included Hester, Manning (despite his super bowl mishap), Dvoracek, and Mark Anderson who had a double sack season. And then we were THRILLED at drafting Greg Olsen. We had no idea what flops Dan Bazuin, Garrett Wolfe, and Michael Okwo would be.

Looking at those names and some recent Bears drafts (2012 with Brandon Hardin & Evan Rodriguez and 2011 with Chris Conte), one thing I appreciate looking back at Pace's first draft is that we didn't have any reaches or picks that looked like an attempt to outthink the room - pretty much everyone was drafted at or around when you thought they would go before the draft. One year is too soon to call it a trend, but I hope to see that continue in this draft.

Nope. Everyone was happy with those picks, but there were plenty of previous F-Ups. Checkbox ring a bell?

We can only judge what we've seen.

Right now, I am a fan.

Keep it up Mr. Pace!

We can only judge what we've seen.

Right now, I am a fan.

Keep it up Mr. Pace!

I like what i see so far but ultimately it will take 3 years to judge him, like we usually do with players. We could look and say he screwed this up or made a nice move there, but will only matter that we become a consistent winner and get to a SB.