The solid part of FA is over,what is left to do

Stinger226

I think our big contracts are our of the way but with the Bennett deal we got an extra 5 mil to spend

here is who I still want to be here

Jared Crick/DE 26 with 31 starts under his belt. Still has upside for growth. better than Jenkins that contributed last year. Will be very reasonable

Scott Chandler-30 he is not a great pass catcher but a very good blocker. To make a complete position for that spot we need a good blocker.

Rashad Johnson-30- 3 years younger than Rolle and has some game

Patrick Robinson- finally had a good season, was ranked in the top 30 CBs by PFF

for depth

Will Montgomery in case Gassu needs more time we have a comptant replacement

Sam Ocho if we dont draft a OLB will add some depth at a position

Out of everybody, Johnson has the most valve

I think our big contracts are our of the way but with the Bennett deal we got an extra 5 mil to spend

here is who I still want to be here

Jared Crick/DE 26 with 31 starts under his belt. Still has upside for growth. better than Jenkins that contributed last year. Will be very reasonable

Scott Chandler-30 he is not a great pass catcher but a very good blocker. To make a complete position for that spot we need a good blocker.

Rashad Johnson-30- 3 years younger than Rolle and has some game

Patrick Robinson- finally had a good season, was ranked in the top 30 CBs by PFF

for depth

Will Montgomery in case Gassu needs more time we have a comptant replacement

Sam Ocho if we dont draft a OLB will add some depth at a position

Out of everybody, Johnson has the most valve

You might not have seen it but Rashad Johnson was stuck in the spin cycle (turning the wrong way while in coverage) during the playoff game the Cardinals lost. We don't need that in our FS.

I think Patrick Robinson would be a solid depth signing but it sounds like we are not interested, at least not at the price he wants, after signing both Porter and McManis. We have Callahan, Fuller, Porter, open, McManis (ST and depth). Not sure if we'd keep a 6th CB, all depends on the elusive Special Teams fit of course. I suspect Robinson is looking for a better shot at being a starter versus going to a team where he has to compete to make the roster. His agent should know we are likely drafting a rookie CB early and that would put Robinson squarely on the bubble.

They might be done until after the draft. Hard to tell without laying out the roster and looking at. With 9 picks, they will have a lot of bodies in camp.

I also think they do a lot of moving on draft day. I don't think they stay at 11 unless Stanley, Buckner, or Ramsey for some crazy reason fall.

Beyond Will Montgomery (who makes sense as a back-up for Grasu), there's no one else I really see as a "must add" right now. I know we have a bunch of cap space, but if we keep it, does that give us more flexibility to add guys who get cut in preseason/after the draft? If so, I would be fine sitting back for the most part and seeing who gets cut loose. I would agree that Tony Jefferson makes sense, but I also think the team likes Harold Jones-Quartay.

Beyond Will Montgomery (who makes sense as a back-up for Grasu), there's no one else I really see as a "must add" right now. I know we have a bunch of cap space, but if we keep it, does that give us more flexibility to add guys who get cut in preseason/after the draft? If so, I would be fine sitting back for the most part and seeing who gets cut loose. I would agree that Tony Jefferson makes sense, but I also think the team likes Harold Jones-Quartay.

I believe they've brought in Bruton and Thurmond for visits(I think, or maybe it was just rumors of interest) so I'm not so sure they are THAT high on him. Rolle is still around as well. Will be interesting to see how the safety position plays out.

What about adding another quality G and having Slaussen as your back up C? I have no beef with bringing back Montgomery either, but considering all options.

I hear the draft is only about 4 rounds deep this year, from Gabe Gabriel. We will see how good Pace is if that is true

What about adding another quality G and having Slaussen as your back up C? I have no beef with bringing back Montgomery either, but considering all options.

I hear the draft is only about 4 rounds deep this year, from Gabe Gabriel. We will see how good Pace is if that is true

My only problem with that is that I think part of our o-line problems last year was all the shuffling. I thought Montgomery was fine when he was in there, so a dedicated veteran back up C, especially with a second year player starting, is more desirable to me than having Slauson move and having someone else move into Slauson's spot.

My only problem with that is that I think part of our o-line problems last year was all the shuffling. I thought Montgomery was fine when he was in there, so a dedicated veteran back up C, especially with a second year player starting, is more desirable to me than having Slauson move and having someone else move into Slauson's spot.

I thing if we got a quality guard it would be more desireable to have Slauson at center. Of course all of this is based on the thought of Gauss's progress. Someone like Louis Vasquez/29 is still a good player.

I thing if we got a quality guard it would be more desireable to have Slauson at center. Of course all of this is based on the thought of Gauss's progress. Someone like Louis Vasquez/29 is still a good player.

If they re-sign Montgomery, he would mainly be a back up at C only and most likely don't dress on Sunday's. You have to be versatile unless you are the starter anymore, so the G route makes the most semse. Vasquez would be a good addition.

What is left to do?

To be honest, I think the Bears are sitting pretty. They have solidified a huge hole on D (ILB), signed a good 3-4DE, solidified a side of the offensive line by signing an OT that moves Long back inside, and even picked up a stud long snapper.

I think it's time for the Bears to roll the dice and take a chance or two.

First things first, sign Jake Long. He's 30, not getting much love, and has a knee injury history. This guy was the #1 pick just a handful of years ago. He's had bad luck. So be it. He's available, and could make a comeback for a few years. At the worst he's probably better than Leno. The age may scare some, but John Tait signed at 29 and gave the Bears 5 good years. Roberto Garza signed at 26 and worked for 10 years. Rueben Brown - 32 years old, gave 3 good years. Fred Miller - 32 years old, gave 3 good years. Take a shot in the dark, it could prove incredibly beneficial.

Second, and I know I'll lose most on this board, but sign Greg Hardy. I know, I know, but the dude has immense talent. Have him come in on a "don't do any stupid shit or you're gone the next day"-contract, and have Fox read him the riot act on day one. Let him know this is probably his last chance. He has to know it. I don't know exactly what happened, and I didn't see the evidence, but the charges were dropped. And you know what? I don't even care if he's a traditional 43DE. A guy with that physical talent could work at a situational pass-rusher at the worst, and an explosive threat at the best.

What is left to do?

To be honest, I think the Bears are sitting pretty. They have solidified a huge hole on D (ILB), signed a good 3-4DE, solidified a side of the offensive line by signing an OT that moves Long back inside, and even picked up a stud long snapper.

I think it's time for the Bears to roll the dice and take a chance or two.

First things first, sign Jake Long. He's 30, not getting much love, and has a knee injury history. This guy was the #1 pick just a handful of years ago. He's had bad luck. So be it. He's available, and could make a comeback for a few years. At the worst he's probably better than Leno. The age may scare some, but John Tait signed at 29 and gave the Bears 5 good years. Roberto Garza signed at 26 and worked for 10 years. Rueben Brown - 32 years old, gave 3 good years. Fred Miller - 32 years old, gave 3 good years. Take a shot in the dark, it could prove incredibly beneficial.

Second, and I know I'll lose most on this board, but sign Greg Hardy. I know, I know, but the dude has immense talent. Have him come in on a "don't do any stupid shit or you're gone the next day"-contract, and have Fox read him the riot act on day one. Let him know this is probably his last chance. He has to know it. I don't know exactly what happened, and I didn't see the evidence, but the charges were dropped. And you know what? I don't even care if he's a traditional 43DE. A guy with that physical talent could work at a situational pass-rusher at the worst, and an explosive threat at the best.

Scared of Jake Long's age? No. Injury history? Yes I don't see it happening because he's starter quality but if Fox were able to Vasquez here that would be tremendous depth.

Greg Hardy is not coming here. Set aside for the moment his issues in his personal life, the fact he's a locker room cancer and we just moved on from Bennett for less controversial actions and behavior means we won't add Hardy to the roster. You have to go way outside the bounds of normalcy to piss off Jerry Jones and lose your job. Hardy has that rare distinction. Signing any player who is known for skipping numerous meetings is not what Fox wants on this young team.

Yeahhh, I think I'd rather them "Roll the dice" on Manziel than Hardy. At the very least Manziel would come in at a position of need (team really needs a backup QB) vs Hardy who would be an OLB who has about the same speed as Houston/Young.

I don't condone either move though.

Not a huge fan of bringing Long in but it wouldn't hurt on an incentive based deal to compete with Leno. I for one think Leno can get better, and having a guy like Long there to push him could help.

Scared of Jake Long's age? No. Injury history? Yes I don't see it happening because he's starter quality but if Fox were able to Vasquez here that would be tremendous depth.

Greg Hardy is not coming here. Set aside for the moment his issues in his personal life, the fact he's a locker room cancer and we just moved on from Bennett for less controversial actions and behavior means we won't add Hardy to the roster. You have to go way outside the bounds of normalcy to piss off Jerry Jones and lose your job. Hardy has that rare distinction. Signing any player who is known for skipping numerous meetings is not what Fox wants on this young team.

Maybe Hardy was just pissed with how someone in the Cowboy organization treated him and the situation? It's possible he just hates the Cowboys and would toe the line for Fox. What harm could it do? He screws up, he's gone. An example is made. But if he doesn't screw up, and he turns it around, that's a huge ceiling for improvement.

Maybe he's an awful human being.

Pass...

After the last cretin, Ray McDonald, I simply do not see a scenario where we take on such a potential firestorm from a guy who may not really even be able to play.

Maybe Hardy was just pissed with how someone in the Cowboy organization treated him and the situation? It's possible he just hates the Cowboys and would toe the line for Fox. What harm could it do? He screws up, he's gone. An example is made. But if he doesn't screw up, and he turns it around, that's a huge ceiling for improvement.

I really hope you're kidding about this. Consider Hardy like a B. Marsh but twice as big and twice as fiery. This guy is pure cancer. Not only has he been charged twice with assaulting a female (at a minimum) but he was nothing short of a distraction for the Cowboys last year. http://nypost.com/2015/10/26/cowboys-woman...eam-in-tantrum/

You think a team that has cut ties with the likes of McDonald, Marshall and Bennett because of their attitudes they'd somehow think this ass clown would be worth their while?

I really hope you're kidding about this. Consider Hardy like a B. Marsh but twice as big and twice as fiery. This guy is pure cancer. Not only has he been charged twice with assaulting a female (at a minimum) but he was nothing short of a distraction for the Cowboys last year. http://nypost.com/2015/10/26/cowboys-woman...eam-in-tantrum/

You think a team that has cut ties with the likes of McDonald, Marshall and Bennett because of their attitudes they'd somehow think this ass clown would be worth their while?

I want absolutely nothing to do with Hardy.

Did this team cut ties with DuCasse? If so is there a chance that they bring him back to play a swing OG backup role? What does Becton bring to the table? He is currently on the roster listed at OG. Who is Cornelius Edison listed as a center on the roster and what does he bring to the table besides a lower salary than Montgomery? They are the same height and Edison is listed 5 pounds lighter than Grassu.

I'm not joking. He may be a horrible person, but then again, he may not.

There is a big difference between him and BM. This guy is on his last chance. He knows if he screws up he probably doesn't stay in the NFL. BM on the other hand is still an elite player on the field who has some issues behind closed doors. Most teams probably aren't turned off by Marshall to a terminal degree; they are willing to deal with a minor headache for

The production. If he causes NY issues like all his former teams, someone will still pick him up. Hardy is nowhere near that. He screws up again? At best he sees the CFL. That's why I think he is worth a chance. There is literally no possible downside.

I'm not joking. He may be a horrible person, but then again, he may not.

There is a big difference between him and BM. This guy is on his last chance. He knows if he screws up he probably doesn't stay in the NFL. BM on the other hand is still an elite player on the field who has some issues behind closed doors. Most teams probably aren't turned off by Marshall to a terminal degree; they are willing to deal with a minor headache for

The production. If he causes NY issues like all his former teams, someone will still pick him up. Hardy is nowhere near that. He screws up again? At best he sees the CFL. That's why I think he is worth a chance. There is literally no possible downside.

To be honest, with the McDonald ordeal , I dont see George allowing that to happen. Last year he gave his ok with McD, and it turned to shit, so doubt we go that route again.

Did this team cut ties with DuCasse? If so is there a chance that they bring him back to play a swing OG backup role? What does Becton bring to the table? He is currently on the roster listed at OG. Who is Cornelius Edison listed as a center on the roster and what does he bring to the table besides a lower salary than Montgomery? They are the same height and Edison is listed 5 pounds lighter than Grassu.

Ducasse was here on a 1yr deal. He is still available as a FA but I'd rather not see him return.

Nick Becton, a practice squad player last year, was brought back. I wouldn't get too high on him, NFL.com said he compared to J'Marcus Webb coming out of college.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/nic...cton?id=2539660

We still have Fabuluje. I think he's got the talent to play OT, mainly RT, if he can get in shape and works on his technique. We'll see how he does in camp.

The Bears roster shows just one OG, although Long is still listed as T. (Becton is listed as G/T) I'm sure Pace will address OG depth in FA and possibly again in the draft.

Ducasse was here on a 1yr deal. He is still available as a FA but I'd rather not see him return.

Nick Becton, a practice squad player last year, was brought back. I wouldn't get too high on him, NFL.com said he compared to J'Marcus Webb coming out of college.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/nic...cton?id=2539660

We still have Fabuluje. I think he's got the talent to play OT, mainly RT, if he can get in shape and works on his technique. We'll see how he does in camp.

The Bears roster shows just one OG, although Long is still listed as T. (Becton is listed as G/T) I'm sure Pace will address OG depth in FA and possibly again in the draft.

I think we could get some depth in FAgency yet, a few starter types still out there, and still draft one that could probably play both G/T.

Also seen where Josh hill came in for a visit is suppose to be a good blocker, so maybe we kick the tires on him.