WR or TE?

AZ54

I'm curious who teams are talking to and at NFL.com they show us having spoken with 10 players (I'm sure it's much higher than that) but on that list 5 are WRs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000064...ayers-nfl-teams

Then what traits are we looking at? Most are bigger WRs with the exception being Coleman. Devon Cajuste stood out to me because at 6'4" and 235lbs he's pretty close to what Zach Miller does for us. Reportedly Cajuste does not have the quickness needed off the line to get separation from CBs, but he has good enough speed against LBs. He'll need time to gain strength and learn blocking but he has the hands you want. He originally went to Stanford as a TE prospect but was good enough at WR they kept him there.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players...8/devon-cajuste

I could see us taking him very late in the draft, 6th or 7th Rd. At this point we're not going to find another move or H-back type of TE in FA. If Housler and Lee compete for the blocking role then there is some room on the roster for a player like this especially with Miller's injury history.

I watched some film a couple days ago, other TEs I like:

Tyler Higbee...good movement down field with speed and quickness, plus good hands. Needs work as a blocker. Listed as 4th Rd prospect.

Austin Hooper also from Stanford. Projected 2nd - 3rd Rd and I'd rather not spend that high of a pick but he's got a good all-around game. A little shiftier when running routes than Henry IMO and more athletic, able to make difficult catches.

Brandon Allen, QB, Arkansas (COM)

Jacoby Brissett, QB, NC State (COM)

Chris Brown, WR, Notre Dame (EW)

Vernon Butler, DT/NT, Louisiana Tech (COM)

Devon Cajuste, WR, Stanford (EW)

Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State (COM)

Fahn Cooper, OT, Ole Miss (EW)

Marshaun Coprich, RB, Illinois State (PRO)

Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State (COM)

Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State (COM)

Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas (COM)

Kevin Hogan, QB, Stanford (COM)

Tyrone Holmes, DE, Montana (EW)

Quinton Jefferson, DT, Maryland (SR)

Cody Kessler, QB, USC (COM)

Alex Lewis, OT, Nebraska (PRO)

Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State (SR)

Antonio Morrison, ILB/OLB, Florida (SR)

Robert Nkemdiche, DT/DE/3-4DE, Ole Miss (PRI)

Emmanuel Ogbah, DE/3-4DE, Oklahoma State (PRI)

Paul Perkins, RB, UCLA (COM)

Dak Prescott, QB, Mississippi State (COM)

Reggie Ragland^, ILB, Alabama (SR, WOR)

Rashawn Scott, WR, Miami (EW)

Elijah Shumate^, S, Notre Dame (EW, COM)

Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State (COM)

Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss (PRI)

Dan Vitale, FB, Northwestern (SR)

Jihad Ward, DT, Illinois (SR)

Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State (COM)

WF: http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam

Honestly, I'd like the Bears to look for a guy who's more quick than fast. I want a guy who can juke a DB in a phone booth. If he has great speed, so be it. Great bonus.

Guess what? That guy is available in FA. Percy Harvin. He's a great slot guy for when Royal gets injured. I figure he is injured half the season, and Royal is too. Maybe they're a great combo of one player.

I'm curious who teams are talking to and at NFL.com they show us having spoken with 10 players (I'm sure it's much higher than that) but on that list 5 are WRs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000064...ayers-nfl-teams

Then what traits are we looking at? Most are bigger WRs with the exception being Coleman. Devon Cajuste stood out to me because at 6'4" and 235lbs he's pretty close to what Zach Miller does for us. Reportedly Cajuste does not have the quickness needed off the line to get separation from CBs, but he has good enough speed against LBs. He'll need time to gain strength and learn blocking but he has the hands you want. He originally went to Stanford as a TE prospect but was good enough at WR they kept him there.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players...8/devon-cajuste

I could see us taking him very late in the draft, 6th or 7th Rd. At this point we're not going to find another move or H-back type of TE in FA. If Housler and Lee compete for the blocking role then there is some room on the roster for a player like this especially with Miller's injury history.

I watched some film a couple days ago, other TEs I like:

Tyler Higbee...good movement down field with speed and quickness, plus good hands. Needs work as a blocker. Listed as 4th Rd prospect.

Austin Hooper also from Stanford. Projected 2nd - 3rd Rd and I'd rather not spend that high of a pick but he's got a good all-around game. A little shiftier when running routes than Henry IMO and more athletic, able to make difficult catches.

On all the visits and meetings last year, White was the only name on the list we drafted.

From the looks of it, he would need to be a TE. Right now I think the Bears need something better than him to back up Miller.

I like Jarrell Adams the most of the 3-5 round guys. If they don't see the need to be a plus blocker then Higbee, who scouts are calling a Kelce clone, would be nice. I think we look for an all around guy though, and I'm not sure Higbee is that.

Adams is a Gamecock too, so maybe he can bond with Alshon and make him happy.

From the looks of it, he would need to be a TE. Right now I think the Bears need something better than him to back up Miller.

I like Jarrell Adams the most of the 3-5 round guys. If they don't see the need to be a plus blocker then Higbee, who scouts are calling a Kelce clone, would be nice. I think we look for an all around guy though, and I'm not sure Higbee is that.

Adams is a Gamecock too, so maybe he can bond with Alshon and make him happy.

I didn't like what I saw from Adams, looks very stiff and slow when running routes. I only get to see one or two games from these guys so it's possible he was fighting through an injury.