Jalen Ramsey

jason

I was doing a mock draft and somehow Jalen Ramsey fell to the Bears at 11. Is that reasonable at all?

Looking at the draft, I see the following teams ahead of us with a potential CB need:

DAL - Former 1st rounder Morris Claiborne, Orlando Scandrick coming back.

BAL - They need CB, but their OL was a mess last year and Flacco was hurt as a result

PHI - They need CB, but Elliott makes a lot of sense for them, and they moved up for a reason

TB - CB is a need, but they signed Robinson and Grimes. WR makes sense since VJax is older, due big $, and injury prone.

The draft could conceivably play out like this:

1.TEN-Tunsil

2.CLE-Wentz

3.SD-Bosa

4.DAL-Jack

5.JAX-Buckner

6.BAL-Stanley

7.SF-Goff

8.PHI-Elliott

9.TB-Treadwell

10.NYG-Doctson

Is is possible? I know it's unlikely, mostly because of TB, but the Bears might get a steal.

I was doing a mock draft and somehow Jalen Ramsey fell to the Bears at 11. Is that reasonable at all? Looking at the draft, I see the following teams ahead of us with a potential CB need: DAL - Former 1st rounder Morris Claiborne, Orlando Scandrick coming back. BAL - They need CB, but their OL was a mess last year and Flacco was hurt as a result PHI - They need CB, but Elliott makes a lot of sense for them, and they moved up for a reason TB - CB is a need, but they signed Robinson and Grimes. WR makes sense since VJax is older, due big $, and injury prone. The draft could conceivably play out like this: 1.TEN-Tunsil 2.CLE-Wentz 3.SD-Bosa 4.DAL-Jack 5.JAX-Buckner 6.BAL-Stanley 7.SF-Goff 8.PHI-Elliott 9.TB-Treadwell 10.NYG-Doctson Is is possible? I know it's unlikely, mostly because of TB, but the Bears might get a steal.

Not a chance, he will most likely go #1 overall unless Ten can trade down.

Tennessee will be taking him with their first and an OT with their 2nd.

I was doing a mock draft and somehow Jalen Ramsey fell to the Bears at 11. Is that reasonable at all?

Looking at the draft, I see the following teams ahead of us with a potential CB need:

DAL - Former 1st rounder Morris Claiborne, Orlando Scandrick coming back.

BAL - They need CB, but their OL was a mess last year and Flacco was hurt as a result

PHI - They need CB, but Elliott makes a lot of sense for them, and they moved up for a reason

TB - CB is a need, but they signed Robinson and Grimes. WR makes sense since VJax is older, due big $, and injury prone.

The draft could conceivably play out like this:

1.TEN-Tunsil

2.CLE-Wentz

3.SD-Bosa

4.DAL-Jack

5.JAX-Buckner

6.BAL-Stanley

7.SF-Goff

8.PHI-Elliott

9.TB-Treadwell

10.NYG-Doctson

Is is possible? I know it's unlikely, mostly because of TB, but the Bears might get a steal.

There are 8 players that most people consider the first tier-plums

Tunsil

Bosa

Buckner

Stanley

Ramsey

Elliott

Jack

Wentz

In the next 6, climb into the top ten or close to it

Goff

Hargraves

Lawson

Spence

Tredwell

Robinson

If any of the first group drop, I say we are all on top of it.

In the next group, I suspect Robinson or Hargraves would be the choices.

If they think one of the edge rushers are good, it may be Lawson or Spence, outside shot-Floyd.

I have also seen Conklin flirting with the top 12, that may be a choice.

Tunsil

Bosa

Buckner

Stanley

Ramsey

Elliott

Jack

Wentz

Goff

Hargraves

Lawson

Spence

Tredwell

Robinson

If they think one of the edge rushers are good, it may be Lawson or Spence, outside shot-Floyd.

Gotta remember that Pace is BPA type of guy and allegedly likes both Wence and Goff. If either or the other are there at 11 I see it happening.

Tunsil

Bosa

Buckner

Stanley

Ramsey

Elliott

Jack

Wentz

Goff

Hargraves

Lawson

Spence

Tredwell

Robinson

I think Spence is largely overrated here.

There are 9 mocks on NFL.com and CBS.

Nfl.com mocks have him at 26, 28, and 2 drafts where he isn't drafted in the first.

Cbs mocks have him at 31,20, 20, 19, and one undrafted in the 1st.

So of the 9 drafts, 6 guys don't even see him as a top 20, and the 3 that do see him right at the bottom of the top 20.

To add even more....

WF has him at 49....

Another NFL.com guy has a 5 round mock and he has him at 42.

Then there's this little nugget I found...

The MMQB's Robert Klemko spoke with one NFL evaluator who believes the first-round projections for EKU edge rusher Noah Spence are off base.

"I don’t hear that he’s first-round guy at all," said one evaluator Klemko cited. "I hear second or third round," adding some teams will have him completely off the board. Spence received some top 10 buzz prior to the NFL Combine, however testing like an average athlete has slowed his momentum a bit. We have all seen how much money the NFL is throwing at secondary pass rushers during free agency, and Spence profiles int hat same role. Teams will obviously have to determine if the off-field events are behind Spence

I also don't see the Bears taking a guy who got banned from the Big 10 for multiple failed drug tests.

Not a chance, he will most likely go #1 overall unless Ten can trade down.

Tennessee will be taking him with their first and an OT with their 2nd.

I really don't see how TN can pass on Tunsil. They need to protect their franchise player. They need to build around him and ensure he doesn't flop like Vince Young did. I live close to the area, and that's pretty much all the Nashville radio folks and call ins want. They want Mariota safe as can be.

I really don't see how TN can pass on Tunsil. They need to protect their franchise player. They need to build around him and ensure he doesn't flop like Vince Young did. I live close to the area, and that's pretty much all the Nashville radio folks and call ins want. They want Mariota safe as can be.

I am sure they are considering that option and they may go that route. I think they go OT round 2 with someone like Le'Raven Clark or Jason Spriggs.