All Athlete Draft

jason

I've been thinking about the team being built and the fact that the Bears could very well go BPA in many rounds. That got me to thinking what many of us have said...

-This team needs a huge speed upgrade.

-This team needs a huge athleticism upgrade.

I'm not talking about character. I'm talking about crazy, freak athletes that fit our positions of need and also could be considered BPA. I may not even like the picks, but the results are interesting.

1. Darron Lee, OLB, OSU - 4.47 forty, 35" vert., 133" broad. He's a crazy athlete.

2. Keanu Neal, SS, Fla. - 4.59 forty, 38" vert., 132" broad. Great athlete, packs a huge punch at SS.

3. Derrick Henry, RB, Ala. - 4.54 forty, 37" vert., 130" broad. Great cone drills. Benches 440.

4. Austin Hooper, TE, Stan. - 4.68 forty, 19 reps (high for TEs), 33"/117" vert/broad, 7sec 3-cone.

4. Connor McGovern, OG, Mizzou - 750lb squat, ridiculous strength, benched nearly 500lbs, scheme/position versatile.

5. Maurice Canady, CB, UVA - 4.49 forty, 38" vert., 124" broad, big-time playmaker.

6. Anthony Zettel, DE, PSU - This guy is a high-motor guy, but has also benched 430lbs. (Or Dean Lowry, who did well everywhere)

6. Ricardo Louis, WR, Auburn - 4.43 forty, 18 reps, 38" vert, 132" broad. He's a freak athlete.

7. Dan Vitale, FB, NW - Pretty much an athletic freak at the position. For his size he really showed out.

UDFA - Vernon Adams, QB, Oregon. Great athlete at the QB position.

UDFA - Kyle Friend, C, Temple - Purely a power-play based on Grasu's struggles. This guy had 41 combine reps, and 46 in offseason reps.

I wouldn't hate that draft. Lee, Neal, Canady, and Zettel could infuse a bunch of athleticism. And if you're against Henry in the 3rd, Nkemdiche would be another freakish athlete who could fit into that concept.

To quote Charles Barkley. ...Turrable.

Lee is a 4-3 OLB not a 3-4 OLB. No OT? They aren't waiting to grab a QB. No DE till the 6th? ..

Yeah, I don't think Lee is a perfect fit, and the only other crazy DE stats I could find were for Nkemdiche, who most on here loathe.

Having said that, I think Lee could do well given the right support.

To quote Charles Barkley. ...Turrable.

Lee is a 4-3 OLB not a 3-4 OLB. No OT? They aren't waiting to grab a QB. No DE till the 6th? ..

Had to reply again. Turrable? No way.

At the very least Neal is a monster at SS, Henry provides a beast at RB, and McGovern provides a stud backup at multiple positions. Add in a freak athlete like Canady who probably walks into the nickel CB role, and that's a pretty good draft. Having Darron Lee turn into at the very least a solid OLB would be the cherry on top.

Again, I just don't see Lee as a 3-4 OLB, I don't like waiting till the 6th to get a defensive linemen, McGovern is solid but I don't see him as a LT option which is the spot we don't have depth at, and I don't feel comfortable at all being one hit away from seeing Fales or Adams at QB.