Is Elliott going to be there for the Bears?

jason

In the Rumors thread we are talking about this in detail. I hope it doesn't happen. But then I got to thinking, "Is it even going to happen?" Kiper thinks Dallas, Baltimore, and Philly could take Elliott.

I think we need to do a realistic mock.

1. TEN - Tunsil - This seems like a lock.

2. CLE - Wentz - Another lock.

3. SD - Ramsey - Best player in the draft?

4. DAL - Bosa - Let's say it is too early for Elliott. I can't see them drafting EE with McFadden having a great year and Morris/Dunbar there.

5. JAX - Jack - This seems like a perfect fit for them. Their D was atrocious.

6. BAL - Stanley - I could see EE here, but Forsett still has a decent contract and potential, and Flacco got his ass kicked last year.

7. SF - Goff - No way they pass on a QB.

8. PHI - Elliott - Ryan Matthews is their #1 guy? Seriously? If Elliott gets past Baltimore - I think he will - I can't see how he gets past Philly.

9. TB - Buckner - The value here is just too good for them. If not him, then Shaq Lawson.

10. NY - Treadwell - I think he makes sense for them, and turns their passing game into something truly scary. You know what though? Their RBs SUCK. And Elliott wants to go there. If for some reason he slips past Baltimore and Philly, there is no way in hell the Giants pass up Elliott when their RBs are Rashad Jennings and New England's sloppy seconds.

Long story short, with the way people are hyping Elliott up and comparing him to AP, I don't see a chance in hell of Elliott making it to the Bears.

I think we'll be choosing between Hargreaves, Alexander, or Conklin. Agree? Do you see any way Elliott actually makes it to 11?

To be honest, I could see the Bears trading up for Goff. They were ready to make the move last year but couldn't get it done. This year, it seems like they are checking out all possible options at the position before they do.

I'm not a mock draft kind of guy, so I say 50/50 on if Elliot will be there at 11. It's kind of weird that Dallas wasn't in the Forte market, so Elliot could go that high.

I'm not so sure the Bears will be picking at 11. I would also go 50/50 on them trading up to get Goff or trading down.

Trading UP for a guy who isn't even a "Lock" to be a franchise QB would be the absolute worst! That statement has nothing to do with me being a Cutler supporter either.

If this were a sure fire franchise QB, maybe, but with needs still sprinkled all around you don't give up talent to draft Jared friggin Goff.

Trading UP for a guy who isn't even a "Lock" to be a franchise QB would be the absolute worst! That statement has nothing to do with me being a Cutler supporter either.

If this were a sure fire franchise QB, maybe, but with needs still sprinkled all around you don't give up talent to draft Jared friggin Goff.

I think all views on Cutler are on the side when talking about QB as an option. He's old enough that it puts QB on the table, good or bad. Cutler is a luxury for a team that will need a QB soon. On Goff, I think it depends on how they feel about him. He may be a Lock franchise QB to Pace, or they may be considering a trade back.

We know there were rumors going into last years draft even on draft day, that the Bears were going to trade up for a QB.

We know the Bears have interviewed QB after QB this year.

If they think that he is a lock, trading up isn't out the window. That's for a good reason, because locking up QB is more important than any 5 needs you may have on a team.

Yeah, I would be shocked/pissed if they traded up for Goff.

Goff has a high ceiling, but dude is 0-12 and averaged 2 INTs per game against ranked opponents. I personally believe he has a bigger chance of being a bust than a franchise QB.

Trading up for Mariotta is one thing, if they even really attempted to, but Goff? No thank you. Jay, all things considered, had a strong year as well and I truly believe that changed some things.

They've been talking to nearly everyone it seems. There's absolutely no question they need a #2 QB though.

Trade up for Goff? I don't see the value in that. If Pace/Fox think the QB need is that significant then we should just sit and take Lynch at #11. He has just as much upside IMO but perhaps a lower floor than Goff. Goff is incredibly accurate but his tendency to throw off his back foot when under pressure is very concerning. As Bears fans we know what that means. It is entirely possible that SF takes Lynch anyway. I actually think he fits better with his mobility in Kelly's quick-read offense. That my biggest concern with Lynch...can he truly read the field left-to-right or deep-to-short because he's never really done it. Physically he has all the tools you want. The only significant difference between Wetnz and Lynch is that one played in a pro-style offense and the other was in a spread offense.

I agree it's a likely draft scenario. Particularly since everybody is projecting Elliott to go to Philly. However, the draft never goes exactly like we think. Last year nobody had Brandon Scherff going #5 to Washington or that Leonard Williams would drop to #6. With the injury, it was a shock that Todd Gurley went #10. So IMO, one of the players you mentioned will likely fall to #11 and Elliott's a popular choice because of the position he plays. I don't think we want to take a RB at #11, but the value might be too goo to pass up. I'll add that I don't think we want to go OT because we like Leno, but if Stanley is there at #11, we'd have to take him. We had great success last year finding CB's to plug and play so that position, doesn't make sense, but it would be tough to pass on Hargraves. So basically in my world, we either draft one of the guys I mentioned who fall to us, or we will lock in or taking either the best 5 technique or edge rusher.

My thoughts in terms of your mock:

1. TEN - Tunsil - This seems like a lock. Agreed! Unless they can find a trade partner.

2. CLE - Wentz - Another lock. Agreed again! Poor Wentz will be doomed to Cleveland.

3. SD - Ramsey - Best player in the draft? SD's #1 priority should be protecting Rivers. Stanley goes here.

4. DAL - Bosa - Let's say it is too early for Elliott. I can't see them drafting EE with McFadden having a great year and Morris/Dunbar there. Agreed! This is a steal for the Cowboys.

5. JAX - Jack - This seems like a perfect fit for them. Their D was atrocious. If Ramsey is still available, Jax has to take him.

6. BAL - Stanley - I could see EE here, but Forsett still has a decent contract and potential, and Flacco got his ass kicked last year. They can't pass on Buckner

7. SF - Goff - No way they pass on a QB. Agreed!

8. PHI - Elliott - Ryan Matthews is their #1 guy? Seriously? If Elliott gets past Baltimore - I think he will - I can't see how he gets past Philly. Agree! Although I think there's a chance they reach for Lynch.

9. TB - Buckner - The value here is just too good for them. If not him, then Shaq Lawson. Hargraves IMO.

10. NY - Treadwell - I think he makes sense for them, and turns their passing game into something truly scary. You know what though? Their RBs SUCK. And Elliott wants to go there. If for some reason he slips past Baltimore and Philly, there is no way in hell the Giants pass up Elliott when their RBs are Rashad Jennings and New England's sloppy seconds. They have to protect Eli so they draft Conklin

In this scenario, if Jack is available at #11, the Bears have to take him, even though we don't need another ILB. I concede it isn't like to to happen--but it could.

I agree. If the Bears trade up for Goff, I'll :puke

Also Jason, you've brought up Alexander quite a bit. Not sure why. I think both Apple and Jackson are better picks.

I can agree with Jackson, but I don't think Apple is even close to Alexander to be quite honest. Apple reaches too much, gets beat out of breaks fairly regularly, and is susceptible to penalties. I don't really like him as a prospect.

Who know what the hell will happen now that the Titans made the trade. But I'd guess STL traded up for a QB. Why else?

1. STL - Wentz

2. CLE - Goff - Still gotta draft QB.

Everyone after 2 could change up their strategy at this point.

Will SF reach for the third best QB?

Who know what the hell will happen now that the Titans made the trade. But I'd guess STL traded up for a QB. Why else? 1. STL - Wentz 2. CLE - Goff - Still gotta draft QB. Everyone after 2 could change up their strategy at this point. Will SF reach for the third best QB?

Seen rumors floating that Philly may be trading with Cleveland to take a QB also.

Who know what the hell will happen now that the Titans made the trade. But I'd guess STL traded up for a QB. Why else?

1. STL - Wentz

2. CLE - Goff - Still gotta draft QB.

Everyone after 2 could change up their strategy at this point.

Will SF reach for the third best QB?

STL = LA :) and yes Wentz is the only QB who makes sense here. As they are saying on NFL Network, he's been in a pro-style offense and is ready for play action from day one. Can't say that for either Goff or Lynch.

CLE - Goff is not a lock here IMO because their second rated QB could very well be Lynch. I believe Hugh Jackson is very confident in his ability as a coach, with good reason, and will take the QB he feels has the higher upside.

SD - Might very well be happy to park Tunsil in front of Rivers.

DAL - Now they have Ramsey fall to them and I think Jerruh can't resist saying he took the best player in the entire draft.

JAX - Myles Jack is perfect fit

BAL - They can go anywhere except QB. I believe Buckner is the perfect fit for what they want to do on defense and goes here.

SF - Kap has them nervous and I find it hard to believe they want to put all their eggs in the Gabbert basket. They will be happy with either Goff or Lynch.

4/14: "Kaepernick to Broncos done.Hinges on SF drafting a quarterback." - Mark Dominik, ESPN

Read more at http://www.walterfootball.com/nflrumors/te...O8qWeAj8R78L.99

PHI - Frozen out of the QB hunt I think they turn to the next best thing... a running game and take Elliot.

TB - Bosa drops to them and they are happy to oblige

NYG - They could go with Stanley, or any number of directions.

CHI - ?? For us to get one of the better players we'll need someone like Hargreaves or Lawson to go in the top 10.

If Bosa drops would we take him? He ran LB drills at both the Combine and his Pro Day and looked very comfortable doing it. Forget the forty time, his 3-cone performance was very good so he has the agility to drop into space. We'd have some pretty good bookends with McPhee on the other side.