I dont get it?

Stinger226

Can anybody explain the Sheldon Rankins love going on with people?

I think he is a good player but does not fit our D scheme.

I have seen several mocks having him being drafted by us in the first.

Is he suppose to be Aaron Donald? His stats dont show that.

Maybe he could be a smallish NT but with Goldman already here, I wouldnt understand that pick if we took him in the first.

Can anybody explain the Sheldon Rankins love going on with people?

I think he is a good player but does not fit our D scheme.

I have seen several mocks having him being drafted by us in the first.

Is he suppose to be Aaron Donald? His stats dont show that.

Maybe he could be a smallish NT but with Goldman already here, I wouldnt understand that pick if we took him in the first.

Don't worry we wont pick him.....with to many real needs on this team well pick a TE before him

I don't think Rankins makes much sense as a 3-4 DE. The one thing I'll mention (and I did it elsewhere at some point) is that Fangio's NTs have tended to be on the small side -Rankins is pretty much the same size Ian Williams was when he was the NT in SF with Fangio. Meanwhile, Goldman has the length you usually want in a 3-4 DE. With Fangio being a pretty innovative coach, I wonder about the potential of drafting Rankins as the 3-4 NT and putting Goldman and Hicks on the ends. It's pretty unorthodox, but you would have a NT who is strong enough to occupy blockers, but is quick enough to penetrate, with two massive DEs on either side that occupy blockers on both sides, and let the LBs run the gaps. I don't know enough about the 3-4 defense to know if that has been tried before, but its something that intrigues me a bit.