Reuter Mock Draft 7.0

Pixote

I am not saying I like this draft for the Bears. I do find it interesting as it is a recent 7 round draft with selections for the Bears that do not seem rubber stamped from the numerous mock drafts that have been posted. Hell, I do not even know half of the players on this list, LOL

Reuter mock draft 7.0: Projecting all seven rounds

The Bears Projected Selections:

RD 1 - Ronnie Stanley - OT, Notre Dame

RD 2 - Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas

RD 3 - C.J. Prosise, RB, Notre Dame

RD 4 - Yannik Ngakoue, OLB, Maryland

RD 4 - Willie Henry, DE, Michigan

RD 5 - Cody Kessler, QB, USC

RD 6 - Briean Boddy-Calhoun, CB, Minnesota

RD 6 - Antwaun Woods, DT, USC

RD 7 - Ted Karras, OG, Illinois

I am not saying I like this draft for the Bears. I do find it interesting as it is a recent 7 round draft with selections for the Bears that do not seem rubber stamped from the numerous mock drafts that have been posted. Hell, I do not even know half of the players on this list, LOL

Not too bad (aside from the 1sr round - haha).

I've heard some discussion about Prosise. He's one of those versatile type backs that we're hearing more about. Has experience as Safety and CB. Below is a highlight of him. And for those of your who get erect over Olinemen and look carefully you'll catch Stanley in action. Kessler may not be a bad option at later rounds. Sorta hit or miss with USC QBs it seems.

Kinda booty.

No S? I do think Rolle has been kinda forgotten by most, and still could start in this league, but they still need high end depth with starting potential.

No CB till the 6th? Porter kinda fits in the same category as Rolle for me, but I see Rolle as being the better of the 2. CB is a must in one of the first 4 rounds.

Unless they are comfortable with Ego/Unrien/Sutton/ Washington as a starter, which is possible, I'd like to see a defensive lineman with one of the first 2 picks.

From what I've read of Yannick, he's more of "set the edge" instead of a pass rusher. If they draft an OLB, it's gonna be a guy who can get after the QB in a hurry.

Call me crazy if you must, but I kinda like Conklin better than Stanley the more I watch of the 2.

If the draft played out this way I think I would go...

1. Jack Conklin OT MSU. Nasty run blocker, solid pass protection.

2. A'Shawn Robinson DT. I've changed my tune on him. Esp in R2.

3. Xavier Howard CB Baylor. Solid fit.

4. Kevin Hogan QB Stanford

4. K.J. Dillon S WVU. Projecting here a bit, but really like what I see.

5. Dan Vitale SB Northwestern. A bit of a Homer pick.

6. David Morgan TE UTSA. A mailing TE who has a bit of wiggle.

6. Harlan Miller CB SELO. Really like him this late.

7. Roy Robertson-Harris DL/OLB TEP. It's the 7R. Kid has good size and athleticism.

And yes, I realize in on thread I'm open to Elliot and in this I don't even draft a RB. I think it's Elliot or bust for me this year. See what you have in Langford and possibly go into next year looking at one of the many stud RBs.

With Conklin, Vitale, and Morgan, this sets the Bears up to be a NASTY run blocking team. Throw a 2 wide package out there with Vitale at FB and Morgan on the line and you're gonna be getting chunks or yards out there. You can also get creative and move Vitale out from FB and pass.

It is interesting. But no defense until round #4???? Yikes. I'm good with Stanley at #11. But if we draft him at #11, we have to go defense in round #2. If you look at the number of front 7 players projected to go in round #2, there's no way in hell we take a TE in that spot.

Not a huge fan. I love the start with Stanley, of course, but after that I am not pleased. Here are the problems as I see it.

1. The Bears need D more than O, and the beginning doesn't reflect that.

2. I don't like TE then RB in the 2nd and 3rd unless someone excellent falls. Hunter Henry wouldn't be horrible (not great for us either), but I don't like Prosise there.

3. Willie Henry is thought of as a 3T more than a 5T. Bad fit.

4. No safety help?

5. Cody Kessler? Meh. May as well skip the QB position this year. He has virtually no upside. Everyone thinks he'll be a journeyman, game-manager at best.

6. Waiting that late on CB?

With that layout, the Bears could have had the following:

1. Ronnie Stanley, LT, Notre Dame (Day 1 starter)

2. A'Shawn Robinson, DE, Alabama (#2 rated 34DE in the 2nd)

3. Jeremy Cash, S, Duke (Lays wood, probably starts day 1)

4. Yannik Ngakoue, OLB, Maryland (Good athlete)

4. Cardale Jones, QB, Ohio State (Great upside)

5. Zack Sanchez, CB, Oklahoma (Playmaker)

6. Graham Glasgow, OG/C, Michigan (Good power run guy)

6. Beau Sandland, TE, Montana St (Intriguing prospect with great athleticism)

7. Moritz Boehringer, WR, Germany (What the hell.)

Call me crazy if you must, but I kinda like Conklin better than Stanley the more I watch of the 2.

4.James K.J. Dillon S WVU. Projecting here a bit, but really like what I see.

7. Roy Robertson-Harris DL/OLB TEP. It's the 7R. Kid has good size and athleticism.

And yes, I realize in on thread I'm open to Elliot and in this I don't even draft a RB. I think it's Elliot or bust for me this year. See what you have in Langford and possibly go into next year looking at one of the many stud RBs.

With Conklin, Vitale, and Morgan, this sets the Bears up to be a NASTY run blocking team. Throw a 2 wide package out there with Vitale at FB and Morgan on the line and you're gonna be getting chunks or yards out there. You can also get creative and move Vitale out from FB and pass.

Of course I like my mock better than yours, but I like both of ours way better than the author's "booty" mock.

Not too bad (aside from the 1sr round - haha).

I've heard some discussion about Prosise. He's one of those versatile type backs that we're hearing more about. Has experience as Safety and CB. Below is a highlight of him. And for those of your who get erect over Olinemen and look carefully you'll catch Stanley in action. Kessler may not be a bad option at later rounds. Sorta hit or miss with USC QBs it seems.

Does anybody seriously think we are going O on the two of the first three picks? no way

4. K.J. Dillon S WVU. Projecting here a bit, but really like what I see.

I have heard the two are rated very closely and that, as you say, Conklin could be the 2nd OT drafted. For a team that want's to run first it might not be out of the question. OTOH that is the type of RT we have and if you can't get both (good pass pro & run blocking) I like the idea that our left side is better at the pass protection. That makes it easier to slide protection toward Massie's side because he does have trouble with speed.

I have heard the two are rated very closely and that, as you say, Conklin could be the 2nd OT drafted. For a team that want's to run first it might not be out of the question. OTOH that is the type of RT we have and if you can't get both (good pass pro & run blocking) I like the idea that our left side is better at the pass protection. That makes it easier to slide protection toward Massie's side because he does have trouble with speed.

Brad Biggs was on the SCORE saying he believed Ryan Pace when he talked about how much he liked Charles Leno. Which reminded me I heard Zach Zaidman saying the same thing. Come to think of it, I haven't heard a single Chicago media guy think they really don't like Charles Leno. AND, if Leno sucks, they move Long to LT.

I guess I'm saying there's no way in hell we draft an offensive tackle at #11. just my 2 cents.

Brad Biggs was on the SCORE saying he believed Ryan Pace when he talked about how much he liked Charles Leno. Which reminded me I heard Zach Zaidman saying the same thing. Come to think of it, I haven't heard a single Chicago media guy think they really don't like Charles Leno. AND, if Leno sucks, they move Long to LT.

I guess I'm saying there's no way in hell we draft an offensive tackle at #11. just my 2 cents.

Do you believe they want to move Long to LT after the fairly pedestrian effort - despite the popularity/pro bowl - last year? I think they know he's a monster at G and they are going to maximize his potential.