Trades

Stinger226

I have seen several draft trade scenarios and was going to give a post to list them.

Everybody has viewed the trade for Wilkinson option. (which we wont be bringing in a 15 mil player) (not Paces style)

Here is one I seen on ESPN; 5. Jaguars trade 1-5, Luke Joeckel to Bears for 1-11, 2-41, 4-104.

The Bears are another team that could at least theoretically have an interest in trading up for Tunsil, given that their left tackle is currently 2014 seventh-rounder Charles Leno, but this is a deal where the Bears get to trade up and come away with a veteran left tackle, too. Joeckel has failed to develop in Jacksonville, but he was worth the No. 2 pick three years ago; the Bears would basically get a season-long flier on Joeckel (or a two-season flier if his fifth-year option is picked up) and the chance to upgrade elsewhere by adding somebody like Ramsey or Ohio State defensive end Joey Bosa.

The Jags, who don't need a tackle, would make this deal to come away with precious extra picks, as their spending spree over the past several free-agent periods has prevented them from acquiring valuable compensatory selections. This deal would value Joeckel as roughly being worth a late third-rounder by the traditional trade value chart.

IM NOT SURE I UNDERSTAND WHY JAGUARS WOULD DO THIS? WHY NOT JUST TRADE A 3RD ROUND PICK FOR JOECKEL

Here is another option I seen proposed:

11. Bears trade 5-150 to the Ravens for Eugene Monroe.

Let's cut away from the 11th pick and get the Bears their left tackle. If Baltimore drafts Tunsil or Notre Dame's Ronnie Stanley sixth, Monroe will be a useless appendage. The Ravens would be selling low on a player who was part of one of the league's better lines when healthy in 2014, but that might appeal to the Bears, who are stuck with the aforementioned Leno at left tackle. The Ravens would get some breathing room against the cap for their annual post-June 1 signings, while the Bears would take a low-cost flier on a possible starting left tackle.

THIS ONE WOULD MAKE SOME SENSE IF BALT DRAFTS TUNSEL

Anyone seen any other proposals other there?

The two obvious ones to me are either:

- Trade #11 and #106 to the Bucs for #9. I think most of us (and most of the general public) sees a drop off in talent after a top nine of some combination of Goff, Wentz, Tunsil, Stanley, Bosa, Buckner, Ramsey, Jack, and Elliott (with maybe Hargreaves thrown in there if you don't like Elliott). If only one of those guys is left at #9, I would strongly consider giving up a 4th and maybe a future pick to get that guy.

On the flip side I could also see:

- Trade #11 to the Dolphins or Raiders for their first round pick and a fourth. If Elliott is still there and the Bears don't like him as much as they seem to claim, I can see a bidding war between the Dolphins and Raiders to trade up for him that would probably net us about a 4th round pick. Unless we have one guy left on out board that's clearly valued above the rest, that should allow the Bears to still get a guy they like and pick up another valuable 4th round pick which they could use or package a couple of 4ths to move up higher.

The two obvious ones to me are either:

- Trade #11 and #106 to the Bucs for #9. I think most of us (and most of the general public) sees a drop off in talent after a top nine of some combination of Goff, Wentz, Tunsil, Stanley, Bosa, Buckner, Ramsey, Jack, and Elliott (with maybe Hargreaves thrown in there if you don't like Elliott). If only one of those guys is left at #9, I would strongly consider giving up a 4th and maybe a future pick to get that guy.

On the flip side I could also see:

- Trade #11 to the Dolphins or Raiders for their first round pick and a fourth. If Elliott is still there and the Bears don't like him as much as they seem to claim, I can see a bidding war between the Dolphins and Raiders to trade up for him that would probably net us about a 4th round pick. Unless we have one guy left on out board that's clearly valued above the rest, that should allow the Bears to still get a guy they like and pick up another valuable 4th round pick which they could use or package a couple of 4ths to move up higher.

I dont see the Dolphins moving up, NO isnt going to take a RB, but maybe OAK to jump ahead of Miami.

I dont see the Dolphins moving up, NO isnt going to take a RB, but maybe OAK to jump ahead of Miami.

One trade scenario I see poping up is if Lynch falls to us, we have a spot the Jets may want to move up to.

The trade valve chart has us giving the 20th pick and there 2nd round pick(51), that works out for valve.

At 20 we still should get a shot at Taylor Decker/OT----William Jackson/CB----Robinson/DT(he seems to be falling)

I don't know if I'm fantisizing but the trade that fits the Jets cap and draft needs is as follows. The Bears and Jets swop their first round picks and the Jets take Paxton Lynch and we take the best corner available. The trade gives us Wilkerson who becomes the 5 technique player we are missing and we have the cap space to sign him to a long term deal.

Looking at the 'over the cap' website the Jets cap space currently without signing Fitzpatrick is $3,338,547 and they need $4,849,579 to sign their draft picks.

If we sign Wilkerson this frees up $15,701,000 to the Jets and their draft cap figure would increase by $715,599 because of having a higher first round pick meaning they would now need $5,565,178. If you add the cap relief of trading Wilkerson to the Jets current cap space and the take away the money need to sign the draft picks i.i. $15,701,000 + $3,388,547 - $5,565,178 this gives the Jets $13,474,369 to sign Fitzpatrick and have cap space going into the season to allow for injuries.

Now can the Jets still be competitive while losing Wilkerson I think they can because they have 6 dline men signed i.e. Williams, Richardson, Jenkins, Catapano, McClendon and Simon already costing $13,224,582 and they could draft a dline men in the 2nd round who could contribute because this the the strength of this years draft. If they keep Wilkerson on his franchise tag this would mean $28,925,582 of their cap being spent on a position where normally only 3 or for 4 players depending on your defensive front can play at one time. I feel talent wise and economically this would be unrealistic.

So the next conversation is what draft pick compensation is appropriate for a player of Wilkerson's age, talent and coming off a injury with a broken leg. The most recent trade where Chandler Jones went to the Cardinals was for a second round pick and Jonathan Cooper. Looking at Draftex's draft chart trade value the second pick was worth 300 points. Shopping the 11th for the 20th is a point difference of 400 points so there is a difference between these 2nd round draft picks of 100 points which is equivalent to the 2nd pick in the 4th round of the draft. Now looking at our recent trade with New England for Marty Bennett which was us swooping the 4th and 6th picks with a point difference of 39.6 then if Cooper and Bennet are comparable players we may need to give the Jets a pick of this value i.e. our 2nd pick in the 4th round.

Therefore this means we could swap 1st round picks together with our 2nd pick in the 4th for Wilkerson, I think this is something the Jets would consider but what about Pace and Fox

Do we get significantly better with Wilkerson, have we got cap space and does it strengthen our draft. I think the answers to all these questions are a YES!!!!!!!! Does the player fit Pace and Fox's player type, I think this is a yes, he is 26 coming into his peak with no character issues I am aware of.

I think we should make the trade but there is a worry that a team like San Fran could out bid us for Wilkerson what are your thoughts.

I don't know if I'm fantisizing but the trade that fits the Jets cap and draft needs is as follows. The Bears and Jets swop their first round picks and the Jets take Paxton Lynch and we take the best corner available. The trade gives us Wilkerson who becomes the 5 technique player we are missing and we have the cap space to sign him to a long term deal.

Looking at the 'over the cap' website the Jets cap space currently without signing Fitzpatrick is $3,338,547 and they need $4,849,579 to sign their draft picks.

If we sign Wilkerson this frees up $15,701,000 to the Jets and their draft cap figure would increase by $715,599 because of having a higher first round pick meaning they would now need $5,565,178. If you add the cap relief of trading Wilkerson to the Jets current cap space and the take away the money need to sign the draft picks i.i. $15,701,000 + $3,388,547 - $5,565,178 this gives the Jets $13,474,369 to sign Fitzpatrick and have cap space going into the season to allow for injuries.

Now can the Jets still be competitive while losing Wilkerson I think they can because they have 6 dline men signed i.e. Williams, Richardson, Jenkins, Catapano, McClendon and Simon already costing $13,224,582 and they could draft a dline men in the 2nd round who could contribute because this the the strength of this years draft. If they keep Wilkerson on his franchise tag this would mean $28,925,582 of their cap being spent on a position where normally only 3 or for 4 players depending on your defensive front can play at one time. I feel talent wise and economically this would be unrealistic.

So the next conversation is what draft pick compensation is appropriate for a player of Wilkerson's age, talent and coming off a injury with a broken leg. The most recent trade where Chandler Jones went to the Cardinals was for a second round pick and Jonathan Cooper. Looking at Draftex's draft chart trade value the second pick was worth 300 points. Shopping the 11th for the 20th is a point difference of 400 points so there is a difference between these 2nd round draft picks of 100 points which is equivalent to the 2nd pick in the 4th round of the draft. Now looking at our recent trade with New England for Marty Bennett which was us swooping the 4th and 6th picks with a point difference of 39.6 then if Cooper and Bennet are comparable players we may need to give the Jets a pick of this value i.e. our 2nd pick in the 4th round.

Therefore this means we could swap 1st round picks together with our 2nd pick in the 4th for Wilkerson, I think this is something the Jets would consider but what about Pace and Fox

Do we get significantly better with Wilkerson, have we got cap space and does it strengthen our draft. I think the answers to all these questions are a YES!!!!!!!! Does the player fit Pace and Fox's player type, I think this is a yes, he is 26 coming into his peak with no character issues I am aware of.

I think we should make the trade but there is a worry that a team like San Fran could out bid us for Wilkerson what are your thoughts.

There is one problem with all the interesting info you provided, it would have a pleasant ending but the Jets cant trade Wilkerson because he hasnt signed the tender offer. HE CANT BE TRADED UNTIL HE SIGNS THE TENDER OFFER.

Wilkerson would certainly look good in a Bears uniform but with the extreme depth in this years draft for the DL wouldn't it be better to draft a rookie (yes I understand, 50/50) to fill that role at a much cheaper price and with no loss of draft picks?

I would prefer the Bears use that remaining cap space to get the deal complete with Jefferies NOW.

There is one problem with all the interesting info you provided, it would have a pleasant ending but the Jets cant trade Wilkerson because he hasnt signed the tender offer. HE CANT BE TRADED UNTIL HE SIGNS THE TENDER OFFER.

This is false. Mo can indeed be traded.

Pixote, I somewhat agree, but if the trade is Mo for a swap of 1st round picks and a 4th rounder like some have speculated then it's hard to pass that up. You grabbed a sure bet in Mo and you've also brought other needs up to a higher draft position.

It would be huge to add Mo and couple that with something like....

William Jackson- Von Bell- Joe Haeg

Jackson- Jason Spriggs- Darian Thompson

Taylor Decker- Eli Apple/Mac Alexander-Thompson

Or if they are serious about OLB

Jackson- Noah Spence/Shaq Calhoun-Haeg

Decker-Spence/Shaq- Xavier Howard

If they think higher of Spence than the mock I'm looking at...

Spence-Apple/Mac-Haeg

Spence-Spriggs-Howard

I'm not huge on an OLB, but I get it I suppose......Any of those 7 combos plus Mo would be HUGE.

Wilkerson would certainly look good in a Bears uniform but with the extreme depth in this years draft for the DL wouldn't it be better to draft a rookie (yes I understand, 50/50) to fill that role at a much cheaper price and with no loss of draft picks?

I would prefer the Bears use that remaining cap space to get the deal complete with Jefferies NOW.

i am going to agree with you. haven't we filled out the roster with free agents for the DL already? i understand they may not be of this quality but how many roster spots do we use for this position? to swap a #11 pick for #20 seems pretty high especially if it comes with a $15 mil price tag. i would rather move up in the draft for an OLT than this move.

if we could swap a 2nd and give up a 4th ok i could get behind this but it seems wilkerson is an albatross around the jets neck right at the moment. they don't have the cap space.

i am going to agree with you. haven't we filled out the roster with free agents for the DL already? i understand they may not be of this quality but how many roster spots do we use for this position? to swap a #11 pick for #20 seems pretty high especially if it comes with a $15 mil price tag. i would rather move up in the draft for an OLT than this move.

if we could swap a 2nd and give up a 4th ok i could get behind this but it seems wilkerson is an albatross around the jets neck right at the moment. they don't have the cap space.

I'm not real sure what to think of DL. There are a lot of guys at the position, but I'm sure any are really starting quality outside of Goldman and Hicks.

Ego is the biggest question mark. He got hurt so we didn't really get to see how he is in a 3-4.

Sutton looked good in preseason, but was barely noticeable come regular season and not really productive at all.

Unrein showed some flashes but is he more than just a rotational player?

No clue what to think of Washington.

I wouldn't be shocked if the staff liked one or two of those guys, but on the surface to me as a fan, I see all of them as backups.

This is false. Mo can indeed be traded.

Pixote, I somewhat agree, but if the trade is Mo for a swap of 1st round picks and a 4th rounder like some have speculated then it's hard to pass that up. You grabbed a sure bet in Mo and you've also brought other needs up to a higher draft position.

It would be huge to add Mo and couple that with something like....

William Jackson- Von Bell- Joe Haeg

Jackson- Jason Spriggs- Darian Thompson

Taylor Decker- Eli Apple/Mac Alexander-Thompson

Or if they are serious about OLB

Jackson- Noah Spence/Shaq Calhoun-Haeg

Decker-Spence/Shaq- Xavier Howard

If they think higher of Spence than the mock I'm looking at...

Spence-Apple/Mac-Haeg

Spence-Spriggs-Howard

I'm not huge on an OLB, but I get it I suppose......Any of those 7 combos plus Mo would be HUGE.

I will be the first to tell you, I have not looked at the rule book, but follow Greg Gabriel on twitter and sure the hell believe his knowledge over yours.

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe Apr 21

Again Mo Wilkerson CANNOT be traded until he SIGNS his franchise tender. New club will also insist on new long term contract b4 doing trade

I will be the first to tell you, I have not looked at the rule book, but follow Greg Gabriel on twitter and sure the hell believe his knowledge over yours.

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe Apr 21

Again Mo Wilkerson CANNOT be traded until he SIGNS his franchise tender. New club will also insist on new long term contract b4 doing trade

I'm 95% positive that he is wrong. Once you're franchised, you're franchised and are property of the team.

I'm 95% positive that he is wrong. Once you're franchised, you're franchised and are property of the team.

Like I stated before, I trust his opinion over yours. He spent 21 years in the NFL and still does analyzing on various outlets. He has a long resume, I have yet to say your resume.

Common sense would say he is a UFA that the Jets put a tag on, if he doesnt sign a tender offer, let me see, HE IS STILL A FREE AGENT, but cant be signed by anyone else.

//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franchise_tag

Like I stated before, I trust his opinion over yours. He spent 21 years in the NFL and still does analyzing on various outlets. He has a long resume, I have yet to say your resume.

Common sense would say he is a UFA that the Jets put a tag on, if he doesnt sign a tender offer, let me see, HE IS STILL A FREE AGENT

You can't turn down a franchise tag.

It's fine you don't wanna believe me, but I'm fairly certain he is wrong.

You can't turn down a franchise tag.

It's fine you don't wanna believe me, but I'm fairly certain he is wrong.

I went to the website and read it. He can not negotiate with any other teams under the rule, but is still a FA until he signs the tag. An exclusive right of the team. I tried to show the link but it didnt load. I am sure your 5% of being wrong is just a formality.

I went to the website and read it. He can not negotiate with any other teams under the rule, but is still a FA until he signs the tag. An exclusive right of the team. I tried to show the link but it didnt load. I am sure your 5% of being wrong is just a formality.

The formality is him not signing yet. Ya know, he technically may be right, but unless Mo doesn't want to play football next year he has to sign.

The formality is him not signing yet. Ya know, he technically may be right, but unless Mo doesn't want to play football next year he has to sign.

Oh I agree with that, if someone wants to get him, he will be forced to sign and then he becomes the Jets property and then they can trade him. Rules are usually technical.

My original statement was (he can not be traded unless he signs the tender offer) so I guess that makes that a true statement. It is easier some times to just agree when some one is right.

Other than another team coming in and offering the Jets more if I was Pace I would sit and make them sweat. They currently don't have enough cap space to sign their draft picks so they will be unable to sign Fitzpatrick and if they have injuries they won't be able to bring players in.

If they want to keep Wilkerson then looking at their cap and the money spent on dline men if Wilkerson signs in hindsight they shouldn't have taken Leonard Williams in the draft which would probably mean he would be a bear.

I know you need to draft best player available but not at the detriment of building a competitive squad.

If we had kept Marshall last year with all of the other receivers who played last year I would have been pissed if Pace had drafted White. You can't over spend on areas of a team other than QB which you have to assign around $15 million for a starting caliber player.

Other than another team coming in and offering the Jets more if I was Pace I would sit and make them sweat. They currently don't have enough cap space to sign their draft picks so they will be unable to sign Fitzpatrick and if they have injuries they won't be able to bring players in.

If they want to keep Wilkerson then looking at their cap and the money spent on dline men if Wilkerson signs in hindsight they shouldn't have taken Leonard Williams in the draft which would probably mean he would be a bear.

I know you need to draft best player available but not at the detriment of building a competitive squad.

If we had kept Marshall last year with all of the other receivers who played last year I would have been pissed if Pace had drafted White. You can't over spend on areas of a team other than QB which you have to assign around $15 million for a starting caliber player.

Actually its good they signed Williams, they now have a good cheap replacement and can move on from,Wilkerson. He will be traded on draft day.