Dry Heat Mock

AZ54

After months of intense studying of prospects and (sometimes intense) beer drinking I am ready to proclaim who I think we'll draft today.

1st Rd) CB Vernon Hargreaves III. We've stayed away from any signs we like him. I see signs of a 2nd DE/Edge rusher taken ahead of us and possibly someone like Conklin. If that happens someone has to fall and right now it appears to be Hargreaves. He's not my first choice because I don't see him as a shutdown CB but he is elite in his quickness and can cover anyone for the first 20 yards. He'll start at NB while he learns the NFL.

2nd Rd) DE Chris Jones. He's been rated as far back as the 3rd round and later as high as late 1st. I think he is still on the board and he becomes a starter next to Hicks and Goldman. Strong man who can hold up against double teams, or push the pocket one-on-one. He's got some holes in his game but is young, talented, and ready to learn.

3rd Rd) RB C.J. Prosise. Fox loves how Carey runs but obviously doesn't love the fact he isn't good as a receiver nor in pass protection. Throwing $5mil toward C.J. Anderson showed how serious this need is for Fox and Pace. If you can't get the first C.J. you might as well get the second one that comes along. He has all the tools you want in a RB but lacks experience. We have EZ's former coach who knows how to get the best out of a RB so pair him up with Langford.

4th Rd) TE Jerell Adams. Earlier I wasn't too enthused with what I saw from him but I found another game film to watch (against FSU) and he was much more mobile and active when running routes. Tyler Higbee has since punched himself right out of consideration. Adams has much to learn as an inline blocker but has the size to add more strength and improve over a couple seasons. He can run and catch well enough to threaten a defense down field.

4th Rd) QB Brandon Allen Offers a little bit of everything as a backup QB. His arm is good enough to make most throws and he's mobile enough to work outside the pocket.

5th Rd) ILB Nick Vigil Our depth here is still an issue and Vigil has much better instincts at the position than anyone we had playing here last year.

6th Rd) S Deiondre Hall He's from No. Iowa and you know him as the CB who is on the Carson Wentz TD pass over two DB's in the end zone that won the game on the last throw. Except Hall left his man underneath to help out on the deep route and almost got into the play enough to stop it. Developmental prospect but he has those quick instincts to react to the ball that you want in a safety.

6th Rd) OLB Travis Feeney He's 6'4" and runs between a 4.4 and 4.5 forty. 3 cone a little slow and he needs to add some bulk but he has the quickness and length to get around the edge. He does coverage on special teams so he can come in and compete with Acho for a job.

7th Rd) FB Vitale Superback nothing else needs to be said.

After months of intense studying of prospects and (sometimes intense) beer drinking I am ready to proclaim who I think we'll draft today.

1st Rd) CB Vernon Hargreaves III. We've stayed away from any signs we like him. I see signs of a 2nd DE/Edge rusher taken ahead of us and possibly someone like Conklin. If that happens someone has to fall and right now it appears to be Hargreaves. He's not my first choice because I don't see him as a shutdown CB but he is elite in his quickness and can cover anyone for the first 20 yards. He'll start at NB while he learns the NFL.

2nd Rd) DE Chris Jones. He's been rated as far back as the 3rd round and later as high as late 1st. I think he is still on the board and he becomes a starter next to Hicks and Goldman. Strong man who can hold up against double teams, or push the pocket one-on-one. He's got some holes in his game but is young, talented, and ready to learn.

3rd Rd) RB C.J. Prosise. Fox loves how Carey runs but obviously doesn't love the fact he isn't good as a receiver nor in pass protection. Throwing $5mil toward C.J. Anderson showed how serious this need is for Fox and Pace. If you can't get the first C.J. you might as well get the second one that comes along. He has all the tools you want in a RB but lacks experience. We have EZ's former coach who knows how to get the best out of a RB so pair him up with Langford.

4th Rd) TE Jerell Adams. Earlier I wasn't too enthused with what I saw from him but I found another game film to watch (against FSU) and he was much more mobile and active when running routes. Tyler Higbee has since punched himself right out of consideration. Adams has much to learn as an inline blocker but has the size to add more strength and improve over a couple seasons. He can run and catch well enough to threaten a defense down field.

4th Rd) QB Brandon Allen Offers a little bit of everything as a backup QB. His arm is good enough to make most throws and he's mobile enough to work outside the pocket.

5th Rd) ILB Nick Vigil Our depth here is still an issue and Vigil has much better instincts at the position than anyone we had playing here last year.

6th Rd) S Deiondre Hall He's from No. Iowa and you know him as the CB who is on the Carson Wentz TD pass over two DB's in the end zone that won the game on the last throw. Except Hall left his man underneath to help out on the deep route and almost got into the play enough to stop it. Developmental prospect but he has those quick instincts to react to the ball that you want in a safety.

6th Rd) OLB Travis Feeney He's 6'4" and runs between a 4.4 and 4.5 forty. 3 cone a little slow and he needs to add some bulk but he has the quickness and length to get around the edge. He does coverage on special teams so he can come in and compete with Acho for a job.

7th Rd) FB Vitale Superback nothing else needs to be said.

round 1( I think he will be the BPA) so we should draft him at a spot of need.

round 2 will definitely be a DL and Jones still should be there.

round 3- I like this pick as we will be definitely adding a RB and that will be the right round to get a good one

round 4- I think Allen can be gotten later and Hall will have to be drafted here(wont last to the 6th)

I prefer David Morgan to Adams just because I read he is a better blocker and they both sit in the area of the draft

round 5- I think Allen can still be gotten here

round 6-Fenney has upside but with the other pick I would go Justin Zimmer/DT a small school prospect

round 7- Everybody puts Vitale in this round and I think he gets drafted higher.

round 1( I think he will be the BPA) so we should draft him at a spot of need.

round 2 will definitely be a DL and Jones still should be there.

round 3- I like this pick as we will be definitely adding a RB and that will be the right round to get a good one

round 4- I think Allen can be gotten later and Hall will have to be drafted here(wont last to the 6th)

I prefer David Morgan to Adams just because I read he is a better blocker and they both sit in the area of the draft

round 5- I think Allen can still be gotten here

round 6-Fenney has upside but with the other pick I would go Justin Zimmer/DT a small school prospect

round 7- Everybody puts Vitale in this round and I think he gets drafted higher.

Brandon Allen is listed as a 5th Rd prospect but if he's our guy then I think it's better to take him late in the 4th.

I'll have to keep an eye on Hall and see what round he ends up being chosen. 4th seems early to me for a guy that has bounced around defensive positions from LB, CB, to S. He's going to need at least a year of coaching to settle into a new role and will have to make the roster on special teams, which I think he can do

Morgan is a better blocker but he's very pedestrian as a receiver. I figure our current TEs Lee, Housler can fill the blocking role equally as well and that getting insurance against Miller's next injury is the higher priority.

I thought about grabbing another DT but I think the guys we have on the roster between Unrein, Ferguson, and Sutton would be good as depth.

You might be right about Vitale but then again few teams use a FB and he's too slow to be a RB.