Bears tried to trade up

jason

Schefter just reported it.

That means we're going for a CB very soon.

Maybe. One thing that Pace said at his press conference yesterday that stuck out to me was that they really value arm length in all positions. Ramsey was near the top of the class at the combine at 33 3/8". So I wonder how good a fit MacKensie Alexander or Kendall Fuller (both under 32" arms) are under the Bears' apparent philosophy.

The other CBs with arms longer that 33" from the combine are Artie Burns (taken), James Bradbury from Samford, and Daryl Worley from West Virginia. There has been some speculation about Bradbury being a 2/3 round pick, but most peg both those players for the later rounds.

For those interested, safeties at the combine with arms over 33" were Deiondre Hall from UNI (34 3/8") and Jayron Kearse from Clemson (34 1/4").

I don't know if that means anything, but I don't think it means nothing.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19f2...1#gid=889509024

By the way, the OT with the longest arms at the combine is still on the board (Le'Raven Clark).

hey, I like that they are trying to make moves. I wonder how much they would have had to given up. I don't think the Bears should have given up a ton to move up for Ramsey.

You figure the Titans gave up a #1, a #2, and a #3 to move up from #15 to #8. For the Bears to go from #11 to #5, we'd have probably given up a 1, 2, 3. That was probably too steep for us. Just because we tried to trade up, doesn't mean we were willing to give a ton.

Schefter just reported it.

That means we're going for a CB very soon.

Disagree. It could just mean we really liked Ramsey. If we were desperate for a corner, we could have sat at #11 and taken Hargraves.

Going into last night, some of us (myself included) viewed edge rusher as the #1 priority. We filled that need. We still need a 5 technique, cb, safety, TE, and RB, among other things.