NFC North Draft Review

AZ54

I'm looking at what our division rivals have done in the draft and let's open the floor for comments. I'll start with the team I hate the most.

Packers:

1st: Kenny Clark DT. I felt they had better options available the way the DTs fell in the draft. This was a head-scratcher for me but that's ok. He won't be a bad player for them I just felt there were others with more upside available.

2nd: Jason Spriggs OT. Good pick for them

3rd: Kyler Fackrell OLB. It will be tough for me to watch the hometown kid wearing a Packer's jersey twice a season. He's not elite at anything but is a good jack-of-all-trades type. I really thought they'd push more for ILB help in order to get blondie back to OLB. If I have to choose between Mathews or Fackrell off the edge I know who I prefer.

Vikings:

1st: Laquon Treadwell. He's a good WR but is he really going to worry anyone on deep routes? I doubt in any of the previous 3 drafts he would have been a 1st Rd WR. I'm glad they did not get Doctson. That kids hands are unbelievable.

2nd: Mackensie Alexander. I like the moxie this kid plays with and felt he would have been a good addition to our CB group. That same attitude leads to some holes in his game. Can the Vikings fix them?

3rd: No pick

Lions:

1st: Taylor Decker OT. Good player

2nd: A'Shawn Robinson DT. Pure run stopper and I preferred his teammate Reed over him simply because Reed hustles on plays away from him, Robinson does not. So either way he won't move.

3rd: Graham Glasgow OG. After reading analysis I'm not sure why they made this pick. It is not a need for them and he's not that athletic. With players like Westerman still on the board it seems they had better options.

I'm looking at what our division rivals have done in the draft and let's open the floor for comments. I'll start with the team I hate the most.

Packers:

1st: Kenny Clark DT. I felt they had better options available the way the DTs fell in the draft. This was a head-scratcher for me but that's ok. He won't be a bad player for them I just felt there were others with more upside available.

3rd: Kyler Fackrell OLB. It will be tough for me to watch the hometown kid wearing a Packer's jersey twice a season. He's not elite at anything but is a good jack-of-all-trades type. I really thought they'd push more for ILB help in order to get blondie back to OLB. If I have to choose between Mathews or Fackrell off the edge I know who I prefer.

Vikings:

1st: Laquon Treadwell. He's a good WR but is he really going to worry anyone on deep routes? I doubt in any of the previous 3 drafts he would have been a 1st Rd WR. I'm glad they did not get Doctson. That kids hands are unbelievable.

2nd: Mackensie Alexander. I like the moxie this kid plays with and felt he would have been a good addition to our CB group. That same attitude leads to some holes in his game. Can the Vikings fix them?

Lions:

2nd: A'Shawn Robinson DT. Pure run stopper and I preferred his teammate Reed over him simply because Reed hustles on plays away from him, Robinson does not. So either way he won't move.

3rd: Graham Glasgow OG. After reading analysis I'm not sure why they made this pick. It is not a need for them and he's not that athletic. With players like Westerman still on the board it seems they had better options.

I have read some information on Clark and he is a very good player,Fackrell will be a situational player for green and gold. Spriggs, I heard, was a player we were going to draft and that is why GB jumped ahead of us to take him.

Packers:

Vikings:

Lions:

The Lions scare me the most. Aside from being the Lions, they've made some solid picks.

Decker is nasty.

Robinson has the potential to be nasty.

Glasgow is nasty.

And now they draft Killebrew, a SS who delivers the biggest hits in the draft.

I realize this draft wasn't loaded with WR talent but Detroit did not address the WR position at all in the draft. That's shocking to me and I think this will show up on game day.

Packers overall I think did well in the first few rounds. There's a group of players in Day 3 I never really scouted. Their 4th Rd ILB Martinez from Stanford sounds slow and not decent in pass coverage but will lay the wood in the box. In today's game I much prefer Kwiatkoski who can cover very well and is still a good tackler in the box. The 4th Rd DE Lowry out of Northwestern was rated as 7th Rd pick or priority FA. He has 31" arms and he's 6'6" tall...how is that possible? 5th Rd Trevor Davis WR out of Cal...listed as mostly just a returner despite his 6'1" frame. Runs poor routes but he's fast with a 4.42 forty. I like their 7th Rd pick OT Kyle Murphy out of Stanford.

I'd say the Vikings had a good draft especially on day 3. 4th Rd Willie Beavers could develop into a solid starting OT. 5th Rd Kentrell Brother LB, he's ok in the box but offers little versatility. They landed Boehringer in the 6th Rd and even though he won't be ready to play for a year or two I like the guy and I'm glad he's got a shot in the NFL with his favorite team. 7th Rd Stephen Weatherly seems like a good DE prospect. Last they took Jayron Kearse in the 7th who I liked as a prospect.

The one good thing is, out of the three teams, green bay drafted the worst in my opinion.

Lions:

Decker, Robinson, Glasgow, Killebrew, Dahl, Antwoine Williams, Rudock, Zettel, Jeremy Landes, Washington

Honestly, I love the Lions draft. They definitely solidified their OL, and did it with attitude. They got two probable defensive starters (Robinson / Killebrew), and two guys who could push for action (Williams / Zettel). Although, it's odd they passed on WR.

Vikings:

Treadwell, Alexander, Beavers, Brothers, Boehringer, Morgan, Weatherly, Kearse

I like the Vikings draft, but not as much as ours or the Lions. Treadwell is going to be a nightmare. Period. Add in the potential of Boehringer and Morgan and the Lions may have some scary weapons soon. Meanwhile, Alexander should have gone in the first round in my opinion. He starts for them immediately. And I'm a huge fan of Kearse; he'll shock people and get some playing time. I think Beavers and Brothers have the potential to start for them as well.

The one good thing is, out of the three teams, green bay drafted the worst in my opinion.

Lions:

Decker, Robinson, Glasgow, Killebrew, Dahl, Antwoine Williams, Rudock, Zettel, Jeremy Landes, Washington

Honestly, I love the Lions draft. They definitely solidified their OL, and did it with attitude. They got two probable defensive starters (Robinson / Killebrew), and two guys who could push for action (Williams / Zettel). Although, it's odd they passed on WR.

Vikings:

Treadwell, Alexander, Beavers, Brothers, Boehringer, Morgan, Weatherly, Kearse

I like the Vikings draft, but not as much as ours or the Lions. Treadwell is going to be a nightmare. Period. Add in the potential of Boehringer and Morgan and the Lions may have some scary weapons soon. Meanwhile, Alexander should have gone in the first round in my opinion. He starts for them immediately. And I'm a huge fan of Kearse; he'll shock people and get some playing time. I think Beavers and Brothers have the potential to start for them as well.

I agree that the Lions had the best draft out of the other NFCN teams, but no WR? Arguably one of the biggest needs and they don't draft a single one.

For the Vikes, I liked Treadwell and Alexander, but on Boehringer, the odds are against him succeeding, at least any time soon.