Bronk

Connorbear

By the 2nd half of the season I expect this guy will be the one sharing snaps with Miller, if not sooner. He's not great at anything but he's good all-around from blocking inline, blocking in space, good hands, enough speed and mobility to work the deep middle of the field (ran 4.66 at Pro Day, 4.73 at combine). He's not going up against great competition to earn that #2 role but still I think he can be productive on the field. Among TEs at the combine he was top 3 in every category except 40yd where he was 5th but 2nd-5th were separated by just a couple hundredths. He ran a 6.90 3-cone so he has the quickness in/out of cuts to get separation.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/ben-braunecker-vs-yale-2015/

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=braune...D&FORM=VIRE

If not for the level of competition concerns, and the fact he's just 6'3" he'd have been drafted somewhere in the last few rounds. I'm still surprised we took Braverman in the 7th and not Braunecker given our TE need. Getting them both is great. A good team fills out the 2nd tier of their roster with players like these two.

Heard an interview with him on Sirius, and came away highly impressed with his knowledge of the game.

There's always talk of wanting/needing an inline blocking TE but last year Zach Miller was often used as an H-back or FB. Braunecker is far better at blocking than Miller and I can see him playing in that role for us.