Big fan of Houston!

madlithuanian

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/...-on-his-nerves/

Bears’ Lamarr Houston says Aaron Rodgers’ championship belt gets on his nerves

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 3, 2016, 5:03 PM EDT

rodgersbelt Getty Images

Bears linebacker Lamarr Houston is spicing up the offseason with a little trash talk aimed at Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Asked about Rodgers on ESPN today, Houston acknowledged he’s a good player but said he doesn’t like him as a person and especially doesn’t like his attitude, exemplified by his trademark celebration of pretending to put a championship belt around his waist.

“He’s a little arrogant for me. He’s a little too arrogant,” Houston said. “He’s a cheesehead. I’m a Bear. He’s a cheesehead. But I have a lot of respect for his game, I will say that. He’s a great quarterback. As a player, I have a lot of respect for him but the whole championship belt thing kind of gets on my nerves.”

Houston might not be the best one to talk about the way other players celebrate, considering that he once suffered a season-ending knee injury while celebrating a sack late in the fourth quarter of a blowout loss. But Houston has taken shots at Rodgers before, most notably after the Bears beat the Packers on Thanksgiving, when Houston sacked Rodgers during the game and said afterward, “I really don’t like that guy.”

Rodgers may have just a little more motivation to unleash the championship belt when the Bears meet the Packers next, on October 20.

The irony of him injuring himself celebrating a sack in a game that his team is getting it's arse handed to them still sticks in my mind when he's ripping Rodgers for celebrating. But I agree with his take you can't deny Rodgers game and skills. But I like the animosity and that the rivalry means something to these guys. They shouldn't treat Bears Packers week like just another game. Bring some extra nasty for the cheddar heads!