Probable vet cuts

Stinger226

With Balt drafting Stanley, I can see Eugene Monroe being traded or cut. He would definitly be an upgrade as the LT and is only 29, would have 3 to 4 years left at a high level.

With Hargraeves going to TB and then grabbing Grimes in FA I can see them cutting loose of Alterraun Verner/CB. He played well before he got to TB and he is 27.

Word out of Baltimore is that they'll keep Monroe. They have $12mil in cap space and cutting him now leaves them $6mil in dead money and just $2mil in cap space.

There would be no reason to cut Monroe, but if they traded him, you save his contract. They drafted Stanley that will take Monroe's place. They have Wagner at RT and I have read he graded out well. They drafted Alex Lewis in the fourth round that is said to be only a RT prospect. I suggest that if they get rid of Monroe's contract and lets say get a 4th round draft pick for that transaction it would be interesting option for the Ravens. By the way we have an extra 4th round pick and have plenty of cap space to absorb it. It upgrades a position for us we were not be able to address in the draft. Also it was said that we were going to draft Spriggs in the second when the Packers jumped up and grabbed him.That would tell me we are not as sold on Leno as everybody thinks. Monroe is 29, they drafted 11 prospects which should reduce they cap space by around 7 mil.

With 5 mil, most teams leave around 4 for maneuvering during the season to deal with injures.So they cap space is borderline.

Why would we do it?

We have the cap space

He has a Minimum of 4 decent years left.

It solidifies our Oline for the next 3 to 4 years leaving Leno to progress and possibly become the everyday LT in another one or two years.

Monroe's money is 6.6 guaranteed this year but in 2017 and 2018 only 6.6 mil left so would be easy to get rid of him if he didnt work out.