Don Cherry

AZ54

Good football player. I don't think he ran well at his Pro Day and that led to him being undrafted but his play speed looks faster than a 4.77, seems like he's running somewhere between 4.6-4.7. Cherry seems to have good instincts and awareness around the LOS but it's only a highlight film so we don't see how he handle blocks. I think he'll challenge Timu and Christian Jones for the last ILB roster spot. He's faster than Timu on film at least, and his lateral movement is better. Christian Jones is the best athlete among these three if only he can learn where to go and when to be there. Keep an eye on special teams during preseason.

http://sportspagemagazine.com/football/col...ess-to-succeed/

Good football player. I don't think he ran well at his Pro Day and that led to him being undrafted but his play speed looks faster than a 4.77, seems like he's running somewhere between 4.6-4.7. Cherry seems to have good instincts and awareness around the LOS but it's only a highlight film so we don't see how he handle blocks. I think he'll challenge Timu and Christian Jones for the last ILB roster spot. He's faster than Timu on film at least, and his lateral movement is better. Christian Jones is the best athlete among these three if only he can learn where to go and when to be there. Keep an eye on special teams during preseason.

http://sportspagemagazine.com/football/col...ess-to-succeed/

If only you could find a player with Timu's instincts and judgement and Jones' quickness and athleticism we'd be sitting pretty with a long term LB. But presuming the team keeps 4 ILBs(?) I don't know where Cherry will fit in, especially with this new guy.

Butkus, Urlacher, KIWATIOWSKI. It just sounds right.

If only you could find a player with Timu's instincts and judgement and Jones' quickness and athleticism we'd be sitting pretty with a long term LB. But presuming the team keeps 4 ILBs(?) I don't know where Cherry will fit in, especially with this new guy.

The UDFA ILBs from the last 3 offseasons will battle it out.

Does remind me a little of Urlacher