Safety starters

Stinger226

Amos started as a rookie and it assumed he will continue as the starter at one spot, but who gets the other?

Harold Jones-Quarty started the last 4 games and had some good moments and will be given the spot until one of the rookies unseat him.

He had 25 Ts, 2 PD and one interception.Also a FF.

Amos had 2 PDs and no interceptions in 16 games.

I think Amos starts but will be in the box and Jones-Quarty starts at FS.

The possibility exists that by the end of the year Bush could be our SS and Howard-Carson could be our FS.

The thing we need on defense is playmakers and Amos didnt really provide that for us last year. Bush could take playing time away from Amos as the box safety and Howard-Carson could prove to be the best play maker in the back half of the defense if we go by his college play making performance.

I think Amos won the starting job more by default than by actually earning the position.

So by the end of the year, you will see Bush and Howard-Carson starting at our S spots.

What say you?

Amos, to me, proved last year he earned a starting spot. Whether it be SS or FS will be up to Fangio. With his ability to hit id lean towards SS. With Bush, I agree he has potential. But wasn't there some discussion that most of his highlights were from two years ago? And that last year he played hurt? Looking at him he's a wisp of a man and I wonder how well he'll stand up to the NFL grind. Are there any lagging concerns? The fact they have a few others from UDFAs tells me they're still looking.